Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maybe it's time for a little Chihuahua therapy or even a shot of Patron!:LOL:

Running away for a long weekend has always worked for me, especially when it has included shopping therapy and generous glasses of white wine. The other option is to consider a duplex. You can live in one half, Shrek the other. Just make sure the locks are on your side and you have all the keys. There is definitely something to be said for having more than one piece of real estate...

Maybe it's time for a little Chihuahua therapy or even a shot of Patron!:LOL:

Nah! if I have a drink I can't leave the house. Chihuahua therapy would be fun, but he's in Spokane for the weekend with his Mom. The Medical record pups are Yorkie/Chihuahua mix...but they take the weekend off, too!

Shopping therapy...I might just wander Costco for a couple of hours and sample everything.

PrincessFiona60 said:
Nah! if I have a drink I can't leave the house. Chihuahua therapy would be fun, but he's in Spokane for the weekend with his Mom. The Medical record pups are Yorkie/Chihuahua mix...but they take the weekend off, too!

Shopping therapy...I might just wander Costco for a couple of hours and sample everything.

Would that we had a Costco. Snacking Walmart and the Dollar Store is just not the same.

PF, you need to get a lawyer and file for Auntie Rights.

Had a juge argument with my father, kind of feel bad for my mom, how did she ever put up with him? He asked me for some thing and I said that I was bussy making dinner and he went off on me that my wife should be making the dinner and if his wife did not make dinner he would, well I am not even going to repeat what he said. How said that man used to be like that. I love cooking. I think I could not stand not beeng able to be in the kitchen.:ermm:

CharlieD said:
Had a juge argument with my father, kind of feel bad for my mom, how did she ever put up with him? He asked me for some thing and I said that I was bussy making dinner and he went off on me that my wife should be making the dinner and if his wife did not make dinner he would, well I am not even going to repeat what he said. How said that man used to be like that. I love cooking. I think I could not stand not beeng able to be in the kitchen.:ermm:

I'm glad you chose not to follow your father's example in this respect.

Holy green bananas Batman!

My handy man was over a couple hours ago and while discussing the new shelf system he's building for me, he says "What's that noise I'm hearing?".

Well, for various reasons, I have very little hearing and didn't hear anything. He says; "It sounds like it's coming from your floor vent". He opens the vent and it has water standing in it.

He went outside and looked under the house and told me "There's a LOT of water under there. You have something leaking. He estimated the distances and said it has to be under your laundry room.

He cut out part of the flooring, and yep, a water line had cracked and was spraying like crazy. The well pump is pretty far from the house and I didn't hear it running until we opened the well-house door. The well pump was just running and running and running.....Yikes!

Well, he's off to buy parts and wood for the flooring. The water is shut off at the well and 10 gallons of water is in the tub in 2 gallon jugs for using the toilet.

I'm so lucky to have a handy man that really knows his stuff. This guy knows everything that is to know about houses.

He's a heck of a good friend also. Sometimes, I have to make sure he is "on-the-clock" when he does stuff around here. He's such a nice person that he'll do things without even mentioning them to me. I never want to take advantage of his friendship. When it's work, it deserves pay.

When it's not work, it's friends and I have a great one! :)

Well, they say it happens in threes. That's two.

OMG, what's next!? :glare::rolleyes::ohmy::(

So glad your friend/handyman has good hearing! Hope is all fixed quickly!

So glad your friend/handyman has good hearing! Hope is all fixed quickly!

Me too, chopper! I sure didn't hear it. After opening the floor up, he said it looks like it's been leaking for MONTHS.

Imagine how much water and electricity it wasted!

He just came back and ONE part was wrong. He has to drive the same 20 miles again just to get one little part right. What a drag!

The water should be back on by about 6pm.

This months billing cycle is over on the 7th, so it won't reflect the difference until the 7th of November. It'll be interesting to see how much difference it makes.

I have a 40 gallon reserve/pressure/bladder tank, so it was cycling every time it was about 90% empty, 24/7/365. OMG! :mad:

A 1/2" line running full-bore, all that time! It's a wonder it didn't burn up my well pump!

You're lucky to have a friend like him.

You've got THAT right! I'm gonna think up a nice gift for him. He really saved the day this time!

Last edited:
A bad sound from the Vent...in the Venting thread...can you get anymore on topic than that? LOL!

I'm glad the problem was found!

A bad sound from the Vent...in the Venting thread...can you get anymore on topic than that? LOL!

I'm glad the problem was found!

Ha! :ROFLMAO:

I hadn't thought of it in that context! How funny that is!

I've been venting a vent problem!

It turns out that the spraying water was finding a way inside the duct. I'll ask my friend to check the integrity of the duct itself also.

It's a tiny bit of water in the low end of the vent, so it may have just came in around a join in the line somehow. :wacko:

I took a whole chicken out of the freezer Friday for dinner tonight. It was in a heavy plastic vacuum packed bag. That was in one of the courtesy plastic bags the market provides for messy and loose items. SO insists we put any packaged meats into one of those bags.

I just took the chicken in the bag, in the bag out of the fridge to prep it for dinner and it had leaked all over the bottom shelf of the fridge, and onto the floor when I took it out.

Now I have to clean and sanitize the fridge and the vegetable bin under the shelf and toss some food that may have been contaminated.

All this is complicated by the fact that the fridge is in a corner so I can't open the door beyond 90º to facilitate shelf removal.

You have no idea how PO'd I am. (feel free to substitute the words I really wanted to say here.)

Ha! :ROFLMAO:

I hadn't thought of it in that context! How funny that is!

I've been venting a vent problem!

It turns out that the spraying water was finding a way inside the duct. I'll ask my friend to check the integrity of the duct itself also.

It's a tiny bit of water in the low end of the vent, so it may have just came in around a join in the line somehow. :wacko:
So glad that you discovered this before the cold weather sat in!
I could have been a lot more problematic than that!

I took a whole chicken out of the freezer Friday for dinner tonight. It was in a heavy plastic vacuum packed bag. That was in one of the courtesy plastic bags the market provides for messy and loose items. SO insists we put any packaged meats into one of those bags.

I just took the chicken in the bag, in the bag out of the fridge to prep it for dinner and it had leaked all over the bottom shelf of the fridge, and onto the floor when I took it out.

Now I have to clean and sanitize the fridge and the vegetable bin under the shelf and toss some food that may have been contaminated.

All this is complicated by the fact that the fridge is in a corner so I can't open the door beyond 90º to facilitate shelf removal.

You have no idea how PO'd I am. (feel free to substitute the words I really wanted to say here.)

OMG what a mess! So sorry you have to deal with this. What a way to ruin your day. I hope all is cleaned up now! My son dropped a coke right in front of the open fridge the other day. Everything got sprayed when the can got a tiny hole. At least he thought quick to open the top to release preassure, but that was not before it had exploded all over the fridge, the ceiling, the floor...:mad:

Oh Andy, I know how PO'd you are. Even though I have LABELED a drawer in the fridge for dog meat, my DH puts it everywhere but. I have to clean the fridge every time after he leaves the farm. And he doesn't understand why that's a problem--I didn't need to spend an hour cleaning the fridge...I have now taken to saying "the dog food goes on the porch, not in the fridge. Animals eat "spoiled" meat all the time otherwise, go back to the City." I guess this is the equivalent of leaving the toilet seat up or squeezing the toothpaste from the middle. I'm ready to kill him over this-good thing he is so talented and has a cute butt.

Last edited:
Oh Tim, I forgot that you live in Florida. Maybe cold weather doesn't set in enough to freeze everything! How will your handy man dry everything out?

So glad that you discovered this before the cold weather sat in!
I could have been a lot more problematic than that!

Oh Tim, I forgot that you live in Florida. Maybe cold weather doesn't set in enough to freeze everything! How will your handy man dry everything out?

Me to chopper. He just left. New dryer vent hose also. Floor cutout is back in place, caulked in, Shark-bite fittings used to replace the junk that was there first.

Water is on, no leaks this time and pressure is better now that it's all coming into the house the right way. :LOL:

He says it will dry out in the next month.

Most winters here, we get a week or two of freezing temperatures. Some winters we don't.

I'm having a nice ice-cold glass of wine and relaxing before supper.

Thanks everyone for keeping me company during this nightmare!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom