Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm so sorry, Chief, I can imagine how difficult that is [emoji813] So many people have difficulty accepting the limitations that often come with age and disability. It's okay to vent, especially during these uncertain times. We all need to. Hugs and love to you [emoji177]
+1 I can't say it any better than GG did. I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers, Chief.

I'm so sorry, Chief, I can imagine how difficult that is [emoji813] So many people have difficulty accepting the limitations that often come with age and disability. It's okay to vent, especially during these uncertain times. We all need to. Hugs and love to you [emoji177]

+1 I can't say it any better than GG did. I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers, Chief.

I agree with CG & GG. I can't say it better than those two ladies. (((Hugs Chief)))

I was expecting three delivery of three orders, placed online to arrive today. Two grocery orders that didn't show up and an order for vaping supplies that didn't show up. Canada Post says they are verifying my address. :ermm:

I'm sure my stuff will show up, eventually. The groceries better show up soon. One place seems to think I got the delivery. The other place phoned and apologized that they got excessively busy and my order will arrive tomorrow morning. I guess these places need to work on their websites to get them up too snuff. I think there are some IT people looking for work right now. Oh yeah, the hubster just found out that he is on temporary layoff starting tomorrow. :(

I do understand that these companies are under a lot of pressure with all the extra customers and orders they are having to deal with, so I'm just a bit annoyed, not angry. Thanks for letting me vent.

This cortona virus thing is desroying lives, and tanking ecomonomies. i've spoken to a few health professionals about it, and ifor healthy adults and childrenm ut;s nothing worse than a bad cold or flue. But people are being laid off, fired, and are losing prescious income that pays the bills. For people like me, and DW, it is dangerous, as is the flu. I need to stay in, and not mingle with people. But I am retired, and have an income not reliant on working every day.

The media has got everone in multiple nations almost hysterically afraid of this thing, all so that they can make their profits on people's fear. It's sickening.

corporations can[t afford to keep people on as there is not enough demand for ther products during this scare. And non-productive workers cant remain workers. The corporations will run out of money very quickly, and go bankrupt. When the scare is over, if companies can stay afloat, workers will have jobs to go back to. If companies fold, where will the workers go? And yet, workers feel the brunt of this as they are having a difficult time making ends meet. It's a viscious cycle. And I still blame the media for their part in creating fear,. They are ruining lives.

That;s my opinion on this.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

My 2 rants

Rant #1
My monthly pills, one a day, have over time become uneven quantities in the bottles, due primarily bad counting at the pharmacy.

Last month when I reordered my pills I asked them to give me a certain number of pills for each prescription - to even them out so that I run out of them at the same time. They said "Sure, no problem. We do this all the time."
And they did - they got the correct amount. I was very pleased.

This month, I'm filling out my daily bottles and realized that they have given me the same adjusted amounts as last month.

And Yes, I understand that these amounts were entered into their computer and they just followed what they saw there... but if you tell me that "we do it all the time" are they saying that every time someone asks for an adjustment they will have to go back in several days later to have it re-adjusted again. They really need to be able to put in TEMPORARY NOTES on their computer.

This now means another trip into town, wait at the door while an employee asks me 10 questions about whether or not I've been out of the country, have a cough, a fever, etc. and please sanitize my hands, (this from the girl who asked me last time and also knows me) then try to patiently explain to the girl at the pharmacy counter, then re-explain to the pharmacist, then sit and wait while it is refilled. All this while trying not to burst into angry frustrated tears of the stupidity of the whole system.

Rant #2
Don't you just love those signs up everywhere in official offices/hospitals/etc that announce Verbal Abuse will not be Tolerated. Well, how about the abuse and disrespect to the customer/client/patients (us!) receive having to wait 4 hours for a 10 minute consult and then told "Oh, you were given the wrong papers. Go to blah, blah blah - wait another 4 hours... etc. etc.

AAArgh! I've given up on trying to get all my meds at the same time, luckily I drive by the pharmacy twice a day.

This corona virus thing is desroying lives, and tanking ecomonomies. i've spoken to a few health professionals about it, and ifor healthy adults and childrenm ut;s nothing worse than a bad cold or flue. But people are being laid off, fired, and are losing prescious income that pays the bills. For people like me, and DW, it is dangerous, as is the flu. I need to stay in, and not mingle with people. But I am retired, and have an income not reliant on working every day.

My GI doctor said public health experts expect *half* of the US population to become infected. We don't have any immunity or vaccine for the coronavirus, like we do for the flu, and there will be no vaccine for at least a year. While many younger people don't have serious complications, being infected can leave them with permanent lung damage, and some do die from it. A big part of the urgency to isolate ourselves is to prevent the health care system from being overwhelmed by the number of people needing care, whether it's from coronavirus or something else, like heart attacks, accidents, etc.
2020-03-11-10-58-43.jpg

The Senate and the White House have just finished an economy-support bill that provides financial support for individuals who have to stay home and businesses that have to close.

The media has got everone in multiple nations almost hysterically afraid of this thing, all so that they can make their profits on people's fear. It's sickening.
The "media" is not one big monolithic entity all working in concert to scare people. Except for Fox News and the like, they are reporting facts about the spread of the virus based on information from doctors, epidemiologists, public health experts, emergency management experts and others. They're not making it up.

corporations can[t afford to keep people on as there is not enough demand for ther products during this scare. And non-productive workers cant remain workers. The corporations will run out of money very quickly, and go bankrupt. When the scare is over, if companies can stay afloat, workers will have jobs to go back to. If companies fold, where will the workers go? And yet, workers feel the brunt of this as they are having a difficult time making ends meet. It's a viscious cycle. And I still blame the media for their part in creating fear,. They are ruining lives.
As I said, the federal government is stepping in to help keep businesses and workers afloat. This is a very difficult time, for sure. It's a serious problem that requires some sacrifice from all of us. Acting as though it's all exaggerated isn't helpful.

There are lots of sources of information other than "the media." Find speeches and news conferences from governors, state health officials and Dr. Anthony Fauci.
That;s my opinion on this.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but it should be based on facts.

Last edited:
A bit of a vent here. Both DD's work in online shopping at a supermarket. Customers whether in the store or on the phone (when they need to be called) are VERY abusive AND rude to them. Hub works in produce dept. in same supermarket chain but different location and getting treated the same. Customers just DON'T want to accept that there isn't a product and they don't know when the items will come in. (AND customers DON'T want to accept that there are item limits at the moment) They are getting screamed AND cursed at!

They don't deserve that treatment! They are still at work taking the real risk of DYING (they aren't allowed to wear masks because it may scare the customers) to get these people what they need. It's not their fault there are shortages. If the greedy pigs would stop hoarding there would be plenty for everyone!!

End of vent for now.

Last edited:
They are still at work taking the real risk of DYING (they aren't allowed to wear masks because it may scare the customers) to get these people what they need.

End of vent for now.

Sounds like that supermarket should and possible could, be held responsible for irresponsible and dangerous guidelines to their employees.

FYI only certain masks can help to prevent you from inhaling airborne particles. Rather when you wear a mask you are aiding in the prevention of breathing out airborne particles.

So it works both ways.

a few things happening around here are:-

All stores I've been in lately have an employee at the door - who stops you at a 6 foot distance to question you on your recent health/activity/whereabouts/etc. and then tell you to wash your hands.

All unessential stores have been forced closed, also included are clubs/library (and their drop boxes) etc.

Most of our big chain supermarkets only allow a certain number of customers in the store at a time. There are numbered tags on the carts to help.

Another market had installed large clear plastic shields at the checkouts between the customer and the cashier.

And another market is paying all their employees a extra $20 per week (no matter their hours) and an extra per hour pay (can't remember how much but $2 rings a bell) until the this is over. They've named it "Hero Pay"

I have 3 N95 masks I bought awhile back. Those are supposed to be the good ones.

At least around here the supermarkets seem to be getting back to normal as far as the crowds go. ....even less than normal number of people shopping. But of course, TP and sanitizers are still out. Those who overstocked on those essential items won’t be buying them for a long while...

At least around here the supermarkets seem to be getting back to normal as far as the crowds go. ....even less than normal number of people shopping. But of course, TP and sanitizers are still out. Those who overstocked on those essential items won’t be buying them for a long while...

The sad thing for me is that in the mass ignorance exhibited by people, we are still doing it wrong. I have spoken with numerous health professionals who tell me not to purchase anti-bacterial soaps, as they can breed super-germs that then resist antibiotics. Ordinary soap and water removes 99% of the germs and bacteria from skin. And yet, even the medical facility buildings put anti-bacterial soap in hte soap dispensers. The med-pros tell me that it's crazy. Anti-bacterial soap is a juggernaut that is doing harm to septic systems, the environment, and us. I refuse to purchase it. And to in my opinion, it's just another way that manufacturers dictate our lifestyles and choices, all for their profit. It doesn't matter to them that they are causing harm. They only seem to care about making a profit.

Pthers ,ay disagree with me on this. Again, I have spoken to numerous health pros who have told me this.

just got a letter from the health insurance company I had before retiring. It states that back in 2018, they overpaid on one of my medical bills to the tune of about $450, and they want it back$450 takes a good bit out of my monthly income. In my mind, they made the mistake, and should pay the consequences for that mistake, not burden me because of it. But big companies, even our government does this kind of thing all the time. And who pays for their mistakes? We do, and usually when we ca least afford it. I don't feel like I should have to pahy for their mistakes. But I will send the money back to them, but not today.

just got a letter from the health insurance company I had before retiring. It states that back in 2018, they overpaid on one of my medical bills to the tune of about $450, and they want it back$450 takes a good bit out of my monthly income. In my mind, they made the mistake, and should pay the consequences for that mistake, not burden me because of it. But big companies, even our government does this kind of thing all the time. And who pays for their mistakes? We do, and usually when we ca least afford it. I don't feel like I should have to pahy for their mistakes. But I will send the money back to them, but not today.

Send it back in $20 installments.

It took them 2 years to discover the error.

That's 24 months.

$450 / 24 = $18.75 .

I would send them $18.75 a month for 2 years.

I hope they provided proof that they actually did overpay for exactly which bill?

Back
Top Bottom