Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here I am ... rethinking...

The job is quoted at 100$ for which the insurance will pay 80$.

If you go ahead and have the job done and the insurance gives you 90$ instead of 80, then you have to pay back.

BUT, (to my way of thinking) if the insurance company pays the doctor/hospital the 90$ and you pay only 10$- then they should go after the hospital for the over payment. But that also means the hospital can come back to you for their lost 10$.

guess it all comes down to the same thing - but I believe the insurance should suck it up and accept responsibility for its own employees mistakes. You did not mis-represent your claim (I assume).

Same type of problem at work today. I get a call from an insurance company telling me the patient had an 18 day stay in the hospital and that he has overextended his 100 day benefit by 14 days at this time. The insurance company has given me pre-authorization through next Friday and they tell me I should have caught this. Nope, I have the authorizations and it is not MY problem, but theirs. They are the ones that have been telling me I can treat.

Andy, I followed your advise. I called the insurance company and told them that the check wasn't sent to me, but to the hospital/service provider. They checked their records and found that the check had been sent to the hospital, and that their accounting department sent the bill to me by accident. They will now correct the problem and bill the hospital for the overdependent instead of me.

Thanks everyone.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Andy, I followed your advise. I called the insurance company and told them that the check wasn't sent to me, but to the hospital/service provider. They checked their records and found that the check had been sent to the hospital, and that their accounting department sent the bill to me by accident. They will now correct the problem and bill the hospital for the overdependent instead of me.

Thanks everyone.

:clap::clap::clap::punk:

Thanks everyone.

:clap:
+3

Thanks everyone.

That's great Chief! I'm glad you had a simple resolution.

I see the problem (taxy, look at the "What I'm listening to" thread).

PF, I understand what you mean. That kind of casual passive-aggressive "I didn't mean what I clearly said" insult is infuriating. I'm sorry you have to deal with that {{{more hugs}}}

Last edited:
Nope, you need to post, PF. You shouldn't feel like you need to keep things bottled up when you think you're getting the short end of the stick. Maybe if people see that you do have feelings, too, they'll think about how they are saying what they want to say.

Thanks everyone.

Just catching up with your now-resolved problem, Chief. I'm glad it's working out in your favor.

Nope, you need to post, PF. You shouldn't feel like you need to keep things bottled up when you think you're getting the short end of the stick. Maybe if people see that you do have feelings, too, they'll think about how they are saying what they want to say.

I'm taking daily abuse from families that want to visit their loved ones, but...I didn't and the facility didn't make the damn rules. The Federal Government has blocked visitor access to the nursing homes all over the country.

Come home to relax and get my mind off it...then BAM! It's Fiona's fault that someone does not post what they want. Not Admin, not moderators, ME, Fiona, it's my fault.

I don't want this to be a pity party, I knew I was going to take a certain amount of malarkey from folks when I agreed to this gig. But today, last straw...camel's back...

Back
Top Bottom