"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-07-2013, 01:18 PM   #631
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
Aww...I asked to close it when I was in a snit...maybe one of the list owners will let me re-open it...the girls, btw, are not liking winter. They hate the snow (still). We have an "egg-laying" competition going between the three flocks...
Maybe you could open a new one?

Old 01-07-2013, 03:43 PM   #632
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittle68 View Post
Maybe you could open a new one?
I got it re-opened...

Old 01-07-2013, 04:16 PM   #633
Chef Extraordinaire

So CWS, can you bring us up to date on how the girls are doing?
Old 01-09-2013, 08:16 PM   #634
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Okay...here's the deal. In November I had my right knee replaced. Now comes the insurance vultures. I've kept my eye on all things that have been submitted but the one that made my head twirl around was the one I received a few days ago.

It was from a lab company that did some blood tests/etc. stuff. After it was all said and done and my insurance company waved their wand over the proceedings, I received a bill for ...................... 42 cents. Hello?!

I'm still scratching my head. The stamp to mail the payment is more than the balance due.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:47 PM   #635
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie H View Post
Okay...here's the deal. In November I had my right knee replaced. Now comes the insurance vultures. I've kept my eye on all things that have been submitted but the one that made my head twirl around was the one I received a few days ago.

It was from a lab company that did some blood tests/etc. stuff. After it was all said and done and my insurance company waved their wand over the proceedings, I received a bill for ...................... 42 cents. Hello?!

I'm still scratching my head. The stamp to mail the payment is more than the balance due.
indeed. And it cost them more to mail the bill.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:59 PM   #636
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
indeed. And it cost them more to mail the bill.
Yep, taxlady! I'm considering not paying it. Let's see what 42 cents will do to the powers that be. Before I do that, I'm going to see if the agency is part of my medical providers that I see on a regular basis. If that's the case, the next time I'm there for whatever reason, I'll present them with a quarter, a nickel, a dime and two pennies. "Paid in full" as far as I am concerned.
Old 01-12-2013, 02:10 AM   #637
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
I've been reading the manual for my new Galaxy S III phone. It's 166 pages long. I can't find out how to display my contact list alphabetized by last name, instead of first name. It also synced my contacts from Google, which I didn't want. I wanted it synced with my Windows address book. That's what I have been syncing my iPhone with. I also want the time in 24 hour format, not AM and PM.

This is giving me a headache. I will have to watch some YouTube videos. Dang, I don't want to study, just to use my phone. I can't even find the calendar or how to get an address out of my contact list into Google maps. I can usually just play around with phones and software and figure out most of the stuff. Too tired to deal with it any more tonight.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:39 AM   #638
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie H View Post
Yep, taxlady! I'm considering not paying it. Let's see what 42 cents will do to the powers that be. Before I do that, I'm going to see if the agency is part of my medical providers that I see on a regular basis. If that's the case, the next time I'm there for whatever reason, I'll present them with a quarter, a nickel, a dime and two pennies. "Paid in full" as far as I am concerned.
No, no. Just nickels and pennies. And you want a signed receipt.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:43 AM   #639
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
I've been reading the manual for my new Galaxy S III phone. It's 166 pages long. I can't find out how to display my contact list alphabetized by last name, instead of first name. It also synced my contacts from Google, which I didn't want. I wanted it synced with my Windows address book. That's what I have been syncing my iPhone with. I also want the time in 24 hour format, not AM and PM.

This is giving me a headache. I will have to watch some YouTube videos. Dang, I don't want to study, just to use my phone. I can't even find the calendar or how to get an address out of my contact list into Google maps. I can usually just play around with phones and software and figure out most of the stuff. Too tired to deal with it any more tonight.
I love my phone. I make calls, get calls, and on the front it tells me the time, date am or pm. I could text, but I don't know how, have no interrest in learning. Life is so simple.

I apologize TL. I just couldn't resist. Good luck.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:10 AM   #640
Head Chef

I'm having a problem with my computer. This is serious, because I can't play Spider Solitaire without tearing my hair out. Like I said, serious. Sometimes I can't get the cards to move, or they'll move halfway and jump back and I'll have to try numerous times at which point I just give up and exit out. Also, I need to copy and paste all the funny stuff you guys post on "Today's Funny" but I'm having trouble highlighting the picture -- the picture will start to move instead. Grrr.

Can't afford a new computer or to lose any more hair. Have pity, someone.