Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not my gripe, but I'm not happy for my son. He, & wife went elk hunting, bringing an expensive packable boat to carry out the meat should they harvest an elk. A bear stole their boat, and chewed on one of the backpacks. I'm just glad that they are safe. Montana is bear country. They're cutting the hunt short, and will be home tonight.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Bears are scary. I'm glad they're safe and unharmed, Chief. A friend of ours is a thru-hiker, having completed the AT (in one very long section, then the last two states the next year) and the Continental Divide Trail. On one of his many hikes, he encountered a bear. It's a toss-up as to which of them was more surprised. Thankfully, our friend came out of that experience alive.

Chief, if you ever have lots of time and not much to do, you might enjoy his blog. Photos of his campsite will take you back to your scouting days!

Some of the rest of you might want to take a peek, too. Besides excellent writing, he posts amazing photos...food for the eyes no matter who you are and what your interests are.

https://www.lbhikes.com/

Wish I had access to chicken feet, pork trotters, and such. They are so rich in collagen, and add so much to a good soup, or batch of beans, stews, etc. You just simmer them low, and slow, all day, to dissolve the goodness, then remove before serving. So much texture (mouth feel), and nourishment is given by tripe, chicken feet, trotters, etc. Unfortunately, in the U.S., they are rarely available, unless you have an Asian market nearby. And I don't.:(

Wish I had access to chicken feet, pork trotters, and such. They are so rich in collagen, and add so much to a good soup, or batch of beans, stews, etc. You just simmer them low, and slow, all day, to dissolve the goodness, then remove before serving. So much texture (mouth feel), and nourishment is given by tripe, chicken feet, trotters, etc. Unfortunately, in the U.S., they are rarely available, unless you have an Asian market nearby. And I don't.:(

Oddly, I just saw chicken feet at our local Walmart, maybe a week or two ago. They may still have them, I've not looked for them.

Wish I had access to chicken feet, pork trotters, and such.

I can usually buy fresh split pig feet at Kroger; sometimes smoked. Have you thought about asking the meat manager at any big chain grocery stores nearby if he can order them? Or if there is any ethnic diversity in the area where do immigrants shop? Soul food?

Chicken feet - Kosher or Halal grocers? Might even be worth a call to the nearest big Synagogue and Islamic Center.

Today must have been Drive Like an Idiot Day on both coasts, Ginny. Some jerk passed me on the entrance ramp (silver sedan, lots of rear window decals [emoji849]); another driver on the freeway passed me so closely they almost took my front bumper off, just so they could pass a driver in the left lane on their right (hey, pink SUV, I see you...). The rest of the idiots were so minor league they don't warrant mentioning.

People around here have never been good drivers but, since the pandemic, most drive like they are playing a video game. I've started turning on my turn indicator later than usual to keep people from flooring their accelerator and prohibiting me to merge. Scary at times.

I was first in the Covid line and am pushing for the booster to be offered to healthcare workers. Yes, offered, I do not like mandates.

Offered is appreciated. Currently, the job is mandating us left and right. Draining.

Dialysis today Had to ferry granddaughter to activity, then pick her up, then make supper. I'm worn out. Youngest has developed a cold. He's not feeling the best. I'm thinking early bedtime for everyone tonight. Sleep will be welcome.

Rest well. Take care of yourself.

Maybe the name of this thread needs to be changed? Call it, "I have a really good reason to complain" or something?

I'm with you guys!!

We used to have a thread called "Venting", or something like that. I can't find it. This thread was meant for lesser vents.

Back
Top Bottom