Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How interesting, thanks taxy.

Unfortunately I don't have that on mine.:ermm:
Maybe I'll try to find it, but it is spring and there are a few other things going on right now. :LOL:

When you have time, check out the instructions here: http://mzl.la/1cHarCP

And I have done the same thing Andy does, highlight the text I want to be able to read more easily.

Thanks taxy, I've made a note of it as well as Andy's suggestion.

Chief, I get it! Very hard to control the feathers that are fluffing and rattling around at times. I always try to remind myself of the old adage 'count to ten' but that usually is remembered after I've opened my big mouth.

Not So Petty Of A Vent

I could just sit down and cry at this point!

I have been trying for probably 10 years or more to get my Big City Boy on board with RV'ing.
As a small town-country gal, I've camped in all manner of ways most of my life, well, until I met this guy.
With the onset of the Covid Pandemic, DH has realized that traveling by car and staying hotels/motels is no longer a good option, and we'd really like to get back out there.
I suggested RV'ing again a few months back and he jumped on board!
I started my search and came up with bupkis ... until the other day!
It's the floor plan that we like, it's in our price range and it's only a 3 day drive away.
WELL!
Then today happened... the market took a nose dive, dropping 1000 points, the political climate is in a shambles, interest rates went up a 1/2 point and diesel fuel is averaging $5.50/gal USD.
All cards are now off the table !!!

:censored: crap!
I'm so (add your favorite curse word here please) P.O.'d
I just want to sit down and cry!

I could just sit down and cry at this point!

I have been trying for probably 10 years or more to get my Big City Boy on board with RV'ing.
As a small town-country gal, I've camped in all manner of ways most of my life, well, until I met this guy.
With the onset of the Covid Pandemic, DH has realized that traveling by car and staying hotels/motels is no longer a good option, and we'd really like to get back out there.
I suggested RV'ing again a few months back and he jumped on board!
I started my search and came up with bupkis ... until the other day!
It's the floor plan that we like, it's in our price range and it's only a 3 day drive away.
WELL!
Then today happened... the market took a nose dive, dropping 1000 points, the political climate is in a shambles, interest rates went up a 1/2 point and diesel fuel is averaging $5.50/gal USD.
All cards are now off the table !!!

:censored: crap!
I'm so (add your favorite curse word here please) P.O.'d
I just want to sit down and cry!

Oh, dear, K-Girl! Please know that my heart goes out to you! As a confirmed RV girl myself, I understand where you are coming from. That said, all of the above effects those that have an RV. And, campgrounds are not all super friendly, these days. Many don't have the funds to do maintenance...and others don't have any spaces available as they are all dedicated to Essential Workers. I get it, but I sure miss the pre-pandemic days!! Usually, at this point in the year, we would have reservations for the rest of the year...and have done a few trips already. Now, we have only 1 trip planned, with reservations made last fall. Haven't been to that park recently, so fingers and paws crossed that it will not have changed, much. And, here's hoping that we are all healthy enough to make the trip too!

What model/floor plan did you find? It really is all about the floor plan! Something that will work for what you want to do and what you want to bring along too.

... snipped ...

What model/floor plan did you find? It really is all about the floor plan! Something that will work for what you want to do and what you want to bring along too.

Ginny, I really like Leisure Travel Vans, ALOT!!!
At first I wanted a Wonder 24RTB, but I found a Unity u24RB, same floor plan, but much more of them available and less expensive with an older model... I found a 2013 Unity on the LTV Facebook site ... but that's been caboshed :mad:
I can't keep setting myself up for disappointment!
And I can't start crying again, dang it all!

Last edited:
Ginny, I really like Leisure Travel Vans, ALOT!!!
At first I wanted a Wonder 24RTB, but I found a Unity u24RB, same floor plan, but much more of them available and less expensive with an older model... I found a 2013 Unity on the LTV Facebook site ... but that's been caboshed :mad:
I can't keep setting myself up for disappointment!
And I can't start crying again, dang it all!

Kgirl, I sincerely hope your finances bounce back so that you can realize your dream. A prayer might help.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

We have been waiting to order a new car for some time now. Long story, but we decided to go order one yesterday. Drove the 30+ miles to the dealer and said, it is time!

The computer was down. :mad:

Drove the 30+ miles home.

This is really minor, but it bugs me. A lot of recipe sites now offer the option of getting the recipe in US or metric units. That's nice. But, I really don't want someone to translate "one cup of flour" to 237 ml. No one who uses metric measurements measures flour by volume. It's by weight. Besides, my "bilingual" measuring cups only measure to the nearest 25 ml. Also, when I'm following a recipe that uses US units of measure, I measure flour in a dry measure cup and use a straight edge to wipe off the excess. How useful would someone using US measures find this amount - 0.42 cups? But, if I told you how many ounces of flour, that would be useful if you have a scale. Or maybe that would just be confusing, unless I specify that I mean ounces avoirdupois, not US fluid ounces.

We have been waiting to order a new car for some time now. Long story, but we decided to go order one yesterday. Drove the 30+ miles to the dealer and said, it is time!

What a nuisance. I guess you will phone before you go again. Did you pick out what you want and which options, on the internet?

What a nuisance. I guess you will phone before you go again. Did you pick out what you want and which options, on the internet?

Whelp, today, this dealer nearby-ish, called to say that the problem wasn't the computer but that they are no longer taking orders for 2022 models. Instead, we need to wait a "month, or so" and order a 2023. Frankly, I'm doubtful. Long story but we've been down this SAME road before.

So, today, we called a dealer not so nearby, but very popular, and they said they can still order 2022's, but they are taking about 4 to 6 months to build. And, he needed to leave for the day. Sigh. So we'll talk again on Tuesday, when he is back.

And, yes, we've built the car online without issues.

Kgirl, I sincerely hope your finances bounce back so that you can realize your dream. A prayer might help.

Thanks for that Chief.
But'chaya know, it's not the money aspect of it, it's that DH is looking at the whole picture in front of us and it doesn't look good right now to invest that kind of money.

Well now that's a B, Ginny!

The healing of the surgery for the new fistula has now progressed to the itching stage. It's now both painful, and itching. I'll be so happy when it's finally healed. At least with this one, there was no nerve damage done, and so the right hand still works 100%.

Ya know, I knew this was going to happen, I was just thinking about this yesterday.

This morning I got a text from my sister, who I do not get along with and very rarely communicate with. The only times I've heard from her is when she wants something from me. :mad:

She was trying to make all nicey-nicey with me, asking me about some silly thing she noticed that I had on display in our guest room.

I responded with a generic emoji, hoping that would end it there, NOPE!

I got 3 more text, again, fishing for a conversation that I just do not care to have. I know she’ll try to get into my good graces and think that she’s welcome to come to my home anytime she likes, NOPE!

DH feels that I should cut her some slack and be nice to her. Maybe she’s trying to make-amends and reconnect. NOPE! That ship sailed many, many, many years ago.

HEH! Wait a minute here!

He was the very one that as soon as my sister and her husband left said, “Geez! I thought they’d never shut up. I can’t take them!”

...HEH! Wait a minute here!

He was the very one that as soon as my sister and her husband left said, “Geez! I thought they’d never shut up. I can’t take them!”

He may have been frustrated but I'm sure he doesn't want his feeling to effect how you relate to your sister.

another downsize

Picked up a box of tissues from the supply cupboard. Thought it felt squishy...

So, now they have gone from 125 tissues per box down to 100.

Before that it was 128, before that was 150, before that... honestly don't remember but do remember that was when I started checking the boxes to make sure they said 150. Of course, along with that, not only the slow increase in price as well, the hidden increase in price. (or at least they thought it was hidden.. from who?)

If 'they' are going to reduce the contents, then 'they' should reconstruct the box. Please give us the benefit of the doubt in our inteligence to figure it out. It just makes the Marketing Departments look like moronic idiots. Of course that also reflects on the CEO's and Board of Directors that believe the tripe fed them by Marketing.

We bought a new washer and gas dryer. They were delivered Saturday and the washer was hooked up. A plumber and a permit were required for the dryer and that was scheduled for today.

It appears the codes for gas dryer installations have been toughened since our last purchase and they had to make some changes to stay up to code. The type of changes that cost $435.00 that we hadn't expected.

We bought a new washer and gas dryer. They were delivered Saturday and the washer was hooked up. A plumber and a permit were required for the dryer and that was scheduled for today.

It appears the codes for gas dryer installations have been toughened since our last purchase and they had to make some changes to stay up to code. The type of changes that cost $435.00 that we hadn't expected.

Ouch!

You know, here in the PNW, they don't want ANY GAS appliances in new construction!?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom