Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry Andy, if you mentioned earlier, I've forgotten it. Which one are you talking about? Paprika or CMT.
I have CMT on my phone and laptop. Yes, they sync. but to use them without a hook up to the internet I would need to use my data... which is what I don't want to do.
I'll have to check out Paprika (lol, is that Chef John's choice of ??)
Sorry, I was referring to CMT. I think you'd need internet for any kind of linking.

Paprika doesn't just sync between the mobile and computer versions - it puts a copy of the recipes on my computer so I don't need to have internet access to use them.

Paprika doesn't just sync between the mobile and computer versions - it puts a copy of the recipes on my computer so I don't need to have internet access to use them.

CMT does that too. I copy a recipe to CMT on my phone and it appears on my laptop version of CMT as well.

CMT does that too. I copy a recipe to CMT on my phone and it appears on my laptop version of CMT as well.
Does it actually make a copy on your computer, or does it just display the recipe from the cloud? Dragnlaw was saying she had to have internet access to display her recipes.

Does it actually make a copy on your computer, or does it just display the recipe from the cloud? Dragnlaw was saying she had to have internet access to display her recipes.
Does it automatically download the copy to your computer? Does it update the recipe when you add notes or make changes?

Do you have the premium version? taxy did you get it? think you said you were going to.
It updates mine as well, but the phone nor the computer will not open my free version if I am not connected to the web.

Nor will it copy or register a recipe I have in a Word format. I have almost 4 GB of recipes in Word format that I wouldn't mind being able to access with CMT or any program,... just so long as I don't have to transfer them one at a time- that's a lot of recipes!

Do you have the premium version? taxy did you get it? think you said you were going to.
It updates mine as well, but the phone nor the computer will not open my free version if I am not connected to the web.

Nor will it copy or register a recipe I have in a Word format. I have almost 4 GB of recipes in Word format that I wouldn't mind being able to access with CMT or any program,... just so long as I don't have to transfer them one at a time- that's a lot of recipes!
Yes, I have the Premium version of CMT. No, I can't access any of the recipes without an internet connection unless I specifically saved them to my computer. I don't actually mind using CMT on my tablet with my phone data, if I don't have internet. I don't think it uses a lot of data, like using a browser. When surfing the net, you are downloading, temporarily, a lot of ads from the websites with lots of ads. That really pumps up the data usage. I'm pretty sure watching videos does too.

About the uploading of files, did you have look at the instructions I mentioned? Can you bulk import into Google Drive? Yeah, you would need to use the CMT widget for each one, so it could still be a PITA.

taxy, truth to tell, just too complicated for my simple mind. If the program says to activate the notifications in order to straddle the bridge of the 2nd order to be in place for the last of your notifications that shows in the directory of the admin. it needs your password for the laundry room to wash but if your also want to dry perhaps it would be better to shoot yourself in the foot.

Kgirl, casey - my dad was a big time suffer of ragweed, so I can lcertainly sympathize with you a bit. I never did understand it and used to just sort of stare at him as his eyes swelled up and he sneezed until I thought the roof would fly off!

Huggs...

:mad:
Went to my favorite Green Grocer to pick up some fresh fruits and veggies ... as I passed by the meat counter, I spied thick cut Bacon on sale for $4.99/lb ... okay, I'll take a pound, I'm making Burgers on the grill and didn't take any Bacon out of the deep freeze.
IMG_2241.JPG
I popped 6 slices into the oven to cook off and this is how much rendered fat I got
:oops:
This is a one-cup ramakin ... that looks to me to be a good 1/3-1/2 cup!!
GEEZ!!!

Back
Top Bottom