Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
son called in a.m. said new drier would be delivered today. i waited through the appointed time. called company and they said was for tomorrow. son called later and said he had somehow gotten it wrong. bummer, i postponed a shower waiting for the. i think he had a senior moment.

got the new drier this a.m. have a load in as we speak. so guess i will unvent. lol:chef:

I can't log in to my account with my electric company. I have paperless billing, and you have to know the total of your bill to pay it over the phone, so that means I can't pay my bill. I've now been on hold for 30 minutes. Seriously? I've never worked so hard to give someone my money. Now the movie I put on for DD so she would be entertained while I pay this month's bills (it's payday) is almost over and I'm not even halfway done paying bills. The rest I have to pay over the phone & I'm sure the second I try to call on my cell phone to pay a different bill, a service rep from the electric company will immediately be ready to help me. Aaaargh. & this kitschy hold music is about to make me lose my mind.

I can't log in to my account with my electric company. I have paperless billing, and you have to know the total of your bill to pay it over the phone, so that means I can't pay my bill. I've now been on hold for 30 minutes. Seriously? I've never worked so hard to give someone my money. Now the movie I put on for DD so she would be entertained while I pay this month's bills (it's payday) is almost over and I'm not even halfway done paying bills. The rest I have to pay over the phone & I'm sure the second I try to call on my cell phone to pay a different bill, a service rep from the electric company will immediately be ready to help me. Aaaargh. & this kitschy hold music is about to make me lose my mind.

If you tell me which company it is, maybe I can find the page you need.

If you have paperless billing, shouldn't they be sending you an email statement?

It's BGE.

I've never received an email from them, I always just look at my bill when I log in to my account with them.

Yesterday's mail brought a surprise letter from my home-insurance company. I have been transferred to another insurance company I never heard of because my current insurer is "going into liquidation." Great. If it ain't one thing.....:mad:

I've had a few days to cool down, but I am still angry over the treatment I got from the lab personnel last Friday when I went for a lab draw. I think the director needs to know what happened.

I've had a few days to cool down, but I am still angry over the treatment I got from the lab personnel last Friday when I went for a lab draw. I think the director needs to know what happened.
Lab personal, nurses, doctors all need to learn to be kind and attentive just like you PFI don't blame you one bit for being upset. I'd be a raving lunatic and I don't even know what happened, but I can take a guess. Stay as sweet as you are you are a gem.
kades

If you can tell us without getting too upset, what happened?

Lab personal, nurses, doctors all need to learn to be kind and attentive just like you PFI don't blame you one bit for being upset. I'd be a raving lunatic and I don't even know what happened, but I can take a guess. Stay as sweet as you are you are a gem.
kades

A month ago, both doctors, Cardiologist and Primary ordered labs for me. Two different sections; one the hospital, the other the clinic, billed through two different offices. The Cardio receptionist offered me the copy of the lab orders, even though it is all done by computer and I said sure, I'd take them.

That allowed me to show my primary what had already been ordered for labs and add to it if he wanted. I have often gotten to the lab and they have no clue what labs to draw and they never take my word for it and clarify it with the docs. So it was nice to have the copy. They are so stupid, they never say to the Doc, "PF is here to have blood drawn, she says she needs this done, is this correct?" They always ask the doc what bloods they should draw, like they expect the doctor to remember what he ordered a month ago. The doc always gets it wrong...so I end up getting bloods drawn again the day of my appointment.

I wrote on MY copy of the Cardio order the lab my primary wanted done, so I could remember myself and show them what was ordered. I was "scolded" by the lab tech for "changing a doctors order." I tried to again tell him that it was MY copy and I had added what my primary ordered, it should all be in the computer. It also had the appointment info for both docs. He disappeared with my copy and I never saw it again, now I have to call and make sure when my appointments are.

I go in for my appointment with my Primary in the morning and I plan on seeing the cardio to make sure I should still be taking the extra statin. Since I will already be there, I'm thinking I will be talking to the director of the lab about the tech. There are two hospitals in this town, I can always decide to use the other lab for my bloodwork.:glare:

It is terrible how insensitive medical personnel can be. I just last week got a call from my doctor's office. I had specifically written that they could give the results to whoever answered the phone. There's just me and my husband. So guess what? I get to worry through a holiday weekend when it may be nothing (probably is nothing). So I get to go this morning to the doctor to find out if I have cancer or if it is nothing, Lovely.

It is terrible how insensitive medical personnel can be. I just last week got a call from my doctor's office. I had specifically written that they could give the results to whoever answered the phone. There's just me and my husband. So guess what? I get to worry through a holiday weekend when it may be nothing (probably is nothing). So I get to go this morning to the doctor to find out if I have cancer or if it is nothing, Lovely.

I know this one, Claire, they do this to me all the time. They even know Shrek has my DPOA (Durable power of Attorney) and they still won't tell him anything. He goes with me to all my appointments. His Doc and nurse are great, I can call and get anything I need for him.

I don't even want to start a vent on medical personnel so instead I'll just say I'm sorry you guys jave had to deal with jerks.

We aren't all bad, even if someone is wrong, I'll at least listen to them and I sure wouldn't argue with them or treat them like a child. I asked the Mammogram Tech if I could see my results, as I can halfway read them and I've seen enough of mine that I can tell if something is different. She said, "No, I can't discuss results." I looked at her and told her that I didn't want or expect to discuss the results I just wanted to look. She very reluctantly let me look.

I like knowing before I get my letter that everything is okay, otherwise I just worry for the week it takes to get the letter.

I understand your frustration Claire. About 10 years ago I had to wait 3 weeks before I found out I didn't have cancer. By that time I was ready to anyone who got in my way serious harm,Don't see that things have changed much but will pray that they do.
kades

Yeah, I did. I got locked out, even though I know absolutely that I was using the correct password. & my Caps Lock was not on. I've been paying my bill this way for a year now and suddenly my password doesn't work. I didn't have time to wait or call back Friday and got all 4 wisdom teeth out yesterday, so I still wasn't up to talking to them on the phone today. Hopefully I'll be feeling better tomorrow. I don't have anywhere to be so I suppose I can just turn on the speaker phone and carry it around with me all day until someone finally answers.

Yeah, I did. I got locked out, even though I know absolutely that I was using the correct password. & my Caps Lock was not on. I've been paying my bill this way for a year now and suddenly my password doesn't work. I didn't have time to wait or call back Friday and got all 4 wisdom teeth out yesterday, so I still wasn't up to talking to them on the phone today. Hopefully I'll be feeling better tomorrow. I don't have anywhere to be so I suppose I can just turn on the speaker phone and carry it around with me all day until someone finally answers.

OMG, I hope you feel better today! If and when you ever get a live, breathing human being on the phone, ask them to reset your password and send it to you in an email.

Check to make sure they have the correct email for you.

Good luck!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom