Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I happened to be in the same building where my doctor's office is on Monday, and the call was to let me know my pap and mam were normal. Why couldn't they tell my husband that when I specifically told them to.

I happened to be in the same building where my doctor's office is on Monday, and the call was to let me know my pap and mam were normal. Why couldn't they tell my husband that when I specifically told them to.

For the life of me, I can't figure out why your Doctor would be checking your parents out and how you got teh only normal parents in the world! <joking>:ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

some people will never "get it" until or unless they themselves are left to sit on pins and needles for a long weekend while awaiting their fate. congrats to you, claire, for your clean bill of gyn health!:)

OMG, I hope you feel better today! If and when you ever get a live, breathing human being on the phone, ask them to reset your password and send it to you in an email.

Check to make sure they have the correct email for you.

Good luck!

Thanks! I am feeling better today, but it may still have to wait until tomorrow. I'm more swollen and the last thing I want is to wait on hold for hours to finally get someone on the line and have them hang up on me because they can't understand what I'm saying! I'll take the swelling with the decreased pain, though! The funny thing is, for whatever reason my phone is ringing like crazy this morning. I've gotten more phone calls this morning than I usually do in 3 days. It's not really a bid deal for me, but probably not for for the people trying to understand me! The callers who don't know me probably just assume I'm either drunk or have a speech impediment.

Thanks! I am feeling better today, but it may still have to wait until tomorrow. I'm more swollen and the last thing I want is to wait on hold for hours to finally get someone on the line and have them hang up on me because they can't understand what I'm saying! I'll take the swelling with the decreased pain, though! The funny thing is, for whatever reason my phone is ringing like crazy this morning. I've gotten more phone calls this morning than I usually do in 3 days. It's not really a bid deal for me, but probably not for for the people trying to understand me! The callers who don't know me probably just assume I'm either drunk or have a speech impediment.

Your typing is clear as a bell!

I understood every word of it!

When I went the route of Dentures, I had an Oral Surgeon remove every remaining tooth in my head and he also removed two tori and ground the jaw bone flat.

I've never been sorry for even a minute. It was pure hell for a week, but now I don't even remember what tooth pain feels like!

spork, I hope your misery passes as quickly as possible! Relax and take it as easy as you can and pamper yourself!

Why is it that people assume everyone has a cell phone/smart phone, text messaging, Internet access, and other such things? I have a cell phone, but because where I live, the coverage is lousy. It is a pay-as-you-go phone. I use it for road emergencies and an alarm clock. I don't have text messaging. Also, the reason I have a pay-as-you-go phone is because of the proximity of the US border. The roaming charges can be HORRIFIC. If I would forget to turn the other cell I had on to "no roaming" my monthly bill was almost more than my mortgage. But why is it people assume EVERYONE has these things and has the coverage one finds in metropolitan centers?

My vent is about our visit to the cemetery yesterday. We went and started the arrangements for my dad. Everything went great. Then Nancy and I went out to see my mom's, my grandparents', and my uncle's graves. We had trouble finding my uncle's (that whole section of the cemetery has the flat ground-level headstones). As we looked, we noticed that many of the headstones were partially or even fully covered with thick layers (sometimes several inches) of dirt, and some had been like that so long that grass was growing in the dirt. Nancy had said something about this the last time she went out there (she went down on Mother's Day). We both said something this time. Their excuse was that some of them are old and no one comes to visit them and the staff just hasn't gotten around to it. The personal service there is great. The grave maintenance is horrible. :mad:

Last edited:
I paid over 6000 dollars in July to get some dental work done which has been a lengthy process. I paid it up front because I then got 10% off the total for paying ahead of time. When I went in today the lady who checked me out said today's total was $900.00. I told her that she must be joking because I paid the bill ahead of time. She told me that she would check with the bookkeeper. Then she said that she would give me the option of paying it now or after talking to the bookkeeper. Boy was I mad. I said I didn't plan on paying at any time.
Then she offered me a carnation. I should have told her where she could put the darn thing. I know it is a mistake, but it sure did get me mad. It's like she didn't believe me or something.

I paid over 6000 dollars in July to get some dental work done which has been a lengthy process. I paid it up front because I then got 10% off the total for paying ahead of time. When I went in today the lady who checked me out said today's total was $900.00. I told her that she must be joking because I paid the bill ahead of time. She told me that she would check with the bookkeeper. Then she said that she would give me the option of paying it now or after talking to the bookkeeper. Boy was I mad. I said I didn't plan on paying at any time.
Then she offered me a carnation. I should have told her where she could put the darn thing. I know it is a mistake, but it sure did get me mad. It's like she didn't believe me or something.
You should have given her the choice of giving you a paid in full receipt or having a talk with your attorney. I assume that you did show her your reciept for the payment in advance.

Timothy said:
You should have given her the choice of giving you a paid in full receipt or having a talk with your attorney. I assume that you did show her your reciept for the payment in advance.

I didn't have it with me, but I will the next time I go in...or before if need be!

Zhizara said:
Be sure to make a photocopy of the document first, just in case it "accidently" disappears.

Thanks Z, I will do that. There is no way I will pay more money.

some idiot in my neighborhood has decided to share his music with the rest of us. not only loud but repetitive. why do people do that. and insult on insult is the distortion. it is making me nuts and all my windows are closed. ugh.

babetoo said:
some idiot in my neighborhood has decided to share his music with the rest of us. not only loud but repetitive. why do people do that. and insult on insult is the distortion. it is making me nuts and all my windows are closed. ugh.

Have you asked him to turn it down, Babe? Barring that, have you called the cops on him?

Have you asked him to turn it down, Babe? Barring that, have you called the cops on him?

People who have music so loud that it can be heard all over their neighborhood KNOW they are doing it and obviously couldn't care less what anyone else thinks about it.

I would go over and politely ask them to turn it down. One time.

Then call the police and explain to them that you've gone over and at what time and ask them to have a patrol car stop by and tell them to adjust the level of the music.

I had a similar problem with a rental next door to me. It turned out that after checking, there is NO noise level restrictions for my area. There was absolutely nothing that the police could do.

I ended up calling the owners of the property at 2am and asking them to stop by and see what they thought.

There has never been another problem since then.

Good luck Babe2. This type of thing can get nasty.

Holy heck in a handbasket! We've had some renos done this year and everytime I turn around there are MORE problems. All we had done was replace the deck and put in a patio. When we took the deck off, we realized the furnace exhaust was under the deck and back door. Bad. In getting a quote to fix this problem, it became clear that it would be more cost efficient to just replace the furnace. WELL...in doing THAT we have run into a whole host of issues. The dryer vent...the other vent...the hot water thing...and NOW...there is a gas leak in the furnace and it needs to get fixed ASAP. I am supposed to be going in to work tonight and I've got a jillion things that need doing. This is too important to ignore, so now once again, I'm WAITING for someone to call me, and to come fix something in the house. ARGH!

Oh, and just to top it all off, my 19 year old kitty is not eating well. Not a huge deal for a regular cat, but she is diabetic so we run a little balancing act. How much insulin can we give her based on how much she has eaten. I can't bear to lose her right now. I hope like heck she eats something today.

Last edited:
Dealing with contractors can make you crazy!!!! You have to wonder how some manage to stay in business with their total lack of customer service skills.

These guys all seem very pleasant and efficient, it just seems that every little thing that CAN go wrong DOES go wrong!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom