Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry Andy! What a pain!

Roadfix...Ow! I feel for you, I'm having tough times with my shoulders now, makes life miserable.

It fell head first into the toilet, submerging the front of the mixer in the water and shattering the toilet base.

I called a friend who is a plumber and he sent me to a local plumbing supply to pick out a fixture. He'll put it in tomorrow.

I'll deal with the mixer later.

Sometimes It Doesn't Pay To Get Out Of Bed.

Your KA mixer broke your toilet!? Am I the only one amazed (and, I'm sorry to say it, a little impressed) that this is possible? Maybe you should keep that thing next to your bed at night in case there's ever an intruder. It'd probably do more damage than a baseball bat.
I'm pretty sure this is what I looked like a moment ago, only without the pi, or the pie:(

Attachments

• pi-pie-3.14-mind-blown-LOL.jpg
    pi-pie-3.14-mind-blown-LOL.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:
Now that I've recovered from that, sorry about your luck! That stinks! I hope your KA is ok and that the replacement goes smoothly!

P.S. If it survives, my plans of one day buying a KA mixer (when I have kitchen larger than a handkerchief) will go from probable to definite.

Flintshire has a reputation for producing great soccer players, Ian Rush, Micheal Owen and Gary Speed. Speedo was a consumate professional and family man, he was last year at 42 yrs old appointed Welsh Soccer Manager.
A few yrs ago he turned up un announced with his beautiful wife and two kids to watch our local junior soccer tournament, he was recognized, he spent the afternoon signing autographs ect, I thanked him, he asked me if I had played, I told him I was no good and prefered to Box, I then spent some time with one of his sons who is a gifted amateur boxer.
This great human being killed himself on Sunday, the whole area is bereft. Please google Gary Speed a true gentleman.

Bolas, I am sorry for your loss. It is hard when someone who is beloved by so many and is good at what they do but feel something is missing in their lives and feel they need to leave this life.

Shortly before the NHL season began a former Canuck, Rick Rypien, whom all fans loved took his own life as well. He had just been given a contract with the Winnipeg Jets and our Canuck organization had done everything they could to help him sort out his emotional problems. He was a scrapper - a small guy who would sense a game needed a diversion and would take on the biggest guy on the opposing team....and would often win. Fans and players alike adored him. But he couldn't see the good he was doing.

I related in many ways to Rick, and even though I never met him personally, I felt I had lost a friend. You were able to meet Gary Speed and that memory will be with you forever.

Even though these men took their own lives, they were victims - Not able to see all the good that others saw and unable (in their minds) to live up to that image.

I hope these words help to ease the pain a little.

2 weeks ago on Monday I got all 4 wisdom teeth out. A week ago I had my follow-up and everything was healing well. Last Wednesday DD accidentally bashed me with her noggin on my lower left jaw. It swelled up a little again, but didn't hurt that much more. Since then, the 3 other areas have stopped hurting. I thought the one area was just hurting still because of the impact & I was still seeing improvement every day. The swelling was almost gone Sunday. Monday it was a tiny bit more swollen, but I figured I must have just rolled over onto it while I slept. Yesterday it started hurting more & by last night it was bad enough to take ibuprofen & I noticed that my top molar on that side rested on the bottom gums when I closed my mouth. The swelling & pain were even worse this morning so I called. I just got back from the office. It's infected. What I thought was swelling along my jaw from DD whacking me was actually a pocket of pus, & the gums on the bottom were filled, too. I'm pretty grossed out and a little annoyed. A friend of mine ate roasted chicken off the bone the day after hers, and was chomping as usual after a couple days. A week and a half of pureed and soft foods and 2 weeks of careful eating, salt water rinses, antibiotics (preventative), and flushing with that plastic syringe thingy and I'm infected. Lame.

There's no rhyme nor reason to the infection. My daughter was hypervigilant with the cleaning and still got infected. When I had mine done (long ago!) I was um...less than vigilant and sang in a musical the next day. No issues. You just got the short end of the stick this time.

2 weeks ago on Monday I got all 4 wisdom teeth out. A week ago I had my follow-up and everything was healing well. Last Wednesday DD accidentally bashed me with her noggin on my lower left jaw. It swelled up a little again, but didn't hurt that much more. Since then, the 3 other areas have stopped hurting. I thought the one area was just hurting still because of the impact & I was still seeing improvement every day. The swelling was almost gone Sunday. Monday it was a tiny bit more swollen, but I figured I must have just rolled over onto it while I slept. Yesterday it started hurting more & by last night it was bad enough to take ibuprofen & I noticed that my top molar on that side rested on the bottom gums when I closed my mouth. The swelling & pain were even worse this morning so I called. I just got back from the office. It's infected. What I thought was swelling along my jaw from DD whacking me was actually a pocket of pus, & the gums on the bottom were filled, too. I'm pretty grossed out and a little annoyed. A friend of mine ate roasted chicken off the bone the day after hers, and was chomping as usual after a couple days. A week and a half of pureed and soft foods and 2 weeks of careful eating, salt water rinses, antibiotics (preventative), and flushing with that plastic syringe thingy and I'm infected. Lame.

Sorry to hear you've had problems, Sprout! I hope the infection clears fast and you're back to your old self soon!

Sprout, I really feel for you, and agree with Alix. Unfortunately all the precautions in the world may not stop an infection. I learned that big time recently. I hope and pray that now it has been caught you will start to feel better soon. {{{{{{{{{{Sprout}}}}}}}}}}

Oh, Sprout, that truly sucks. Hope you are disinfected soon! (guess that's "uninfected").

Thanks LPB, I was a bit angry, the coal man was delivering and he mentioned he was in a local pub when he and a few friends were talking about Speedo. They were joined by an Englishman who after a while started asking strange questions. He was a reporter for the a scum tabloid, it got nasty our coal man delivers 10 x112lb sacks on his back from the lorry to my bunker(50 yrds) without breaking into a sweat.

Bolas De Fraile said:
Thanks LPB, I was a bit angry, the coal man was delivering and he mentioned he was in a local pub when he and a few friends were talking about Speedo. They were joined by an Englishman who after a while started asking strange questions. He was a reporter for the a scum tabloid, it got nasty our coal man delivers 10 x112lb sacks on his back from the lorry to my bunker(50 yrds) without breaking into a sweat.

Hmmm, not someone I'd want to pick a fight with.

i am outraged and disgusted at hearing a local story of a married couple recently arrested for animal cruelty. turns out, not only were they horribly mistreating their many animals and pets, but they were engaged in killing black bears and selling their gall bladders for thousands of dollars each. apparently, bear gall bladders have very highly regarded medicinal applications, and are sold, primarily to other countries for large sums of money. this kind of illegal organ selling, human or animal, makes me sick, sick, sick....

Bought a Kindle on my account for a friend to give to his wife for Christmas. The total was $208 according to the email I got from Amazon. The charge on my card was $223. Um...what? I ordered from the Canadian site so there shouldn't be any exchange or anything. I'm NOT happy. Amazon is following up, but told me to contact my credit card company. I've done THAT and had the run around. Grrrr.

Forgetting to put your work clothes into the dryer and only reailizing that fact 10 minutes before having to go to work! It's going to be a damp start to work.... Not the first time that I've done this!

Back
Top Bottom