"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 02-20-2013, 08:15 PM   #791
Certified Pretend Chef

Those coupons are money in your pocket and it's the store employees' job to handle them for you. You should feel no guilt for using them. The cashier's attitude was not caused by you. Next time complain to the manager.

Old 02-20-2013, 09:27 PM   #792
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Those coupons are money in your pocket and it's the store employees' job to handle them for you. You should feel no guilt for using them. The cashier's attitude was not caused by you. Next time complain to the manager.
+1!!

Old 02-20-2013, 09:59 PM   #793
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
+2
Old 02-20-2013, 10:00 PM   #794
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

+3!!
Old 02-20-2013, 10:47 PM   #795
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittle68 View Post
The issue was that the store doesn't have the codes for the manufacturer coupons. She tried to scan some, but they weren't recognized, even though they were valid coupons. I'm sure she wishes she could just scan them and let the computer decide if they were different coupons or not! It would make her life so much easier lol. I just got into printing manufacturer coupons, and I will probably never go back there with them... I really don't want to be a bother, but I saved a ton of money!! I only used my coupons for items that were also on sale, so I got a double discount (the normal sale price is not included in the $60 I saved, although the store coupons I used are included). I still have about half my manufacturer coupons, which I hope to use at another store when those items are on sale. I also made a list of things that I noticed were on sale, to go look online for manufacturer coupons. I'm obsessed.
please don't spoil the satisfying, good feelings you deserve to be savoring, skittles, having saved yourself about $100 in the grocery store with your smart coupon shopping! your lengthy, somewhat apologetic posts indicate a self-punishing conscience over what-- a cranky, unprofessional cashier who gave you poor service? so totally not your problem! (i envy your successful use of coupons--not easy, i've tried!)
Old 02-21-2013, 12:17 AM   #796
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post

please don't spoil the satisfying, good feelings you deserve to be savoring, skittles, having saved yourself about $100 in the grocery store with your smart coupon shopping! your lengthy, somewhat apologetic posts indicate a self-punishing conscience over what-- a cranky, unprofessional cashier who gave you poor service? so totally not your problem! (i envy your successful use of coupons--not easy, i've tried!)
Thank you everyone for confirming that I shouldn't have to feel guilty!! My bf said the same thing! It is NOT easy to find and organize all those coupons with the sales. As long as the store is going to be reimbursed, why should she care how many I have?
Old 02-21-2013, 10:48 AM   #797
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittle68 View Post
Thank you everyone for confirming that I shouldn't have to feel guilty!! My bf said the same thing! It is NOT easy to find and organize all those coupons with the sales. As long as the store is going to be reimbursed, why should she care how many I have?
She just needs to do her job. You have clearly done yours!
Old 02-21-2013, 10:59 AM   #798
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
Ditto here. I just don't have the patience to keep track of the sales vs. the coupons and tryng to match them up. I am happy with just buying what is on sale. As long as I look at the flyers the day before I go shopping, I am happy. I like to shop as if I were a rich lady of leisure.
Old 02-21-2013, 03:34 PM   #799
Executive Chef

I'm tired of pain from osteoarthritis and plantar fasciitis! I know I have to lose weight, but it is so hard when it hurts to walk and I know I need to exercise!
Old 02-21-2013, 06:42 PM   #800
Executive Chef

Quote:
Abso-friggin-lutely !!! You - and evryone else - have the right to use those .. and the employee who treated you that way needs to be reported .. who knows how many others she has done this to. You are far more patient than I would have been ... hold your head high and keep on saving .. good job on that !