Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have had some sort of cold since the 15th of Dec. Thought I was getting better, but I feel terrible again. Guess it is time to involve the doctor. :(

chopper said:
I have had some sort of cold since the 15th of Dec. Thought I was getting better, but I feel terrible again. Guess it is time to involve the doctor. :(

Aha! You were the one who sneezed upon me!

Sorry, Chopper. Get well soon! I feel like heck too. Back to work tomorrow.

I started getting sick right before going on the holiday break. Was sick the entire time off. Started getting better when it was time to go back to work. I went back to work on Monday. I guess the School District I work for didn't care about the fact that all other districts had Monday off. Had a presentation to do today and did ok. On the way home I started getting sick again.

Yeah, I'm getting something creeping up on me, low grade fever. No cough, but stuffy, sneezing like crazy. And just feel icky, not sick enough to stay home. Steady headache, but not bad enough for a precursor to a migraine.

Okay, my BGF (I think that is the right acronym for best girl friend?) has offered me her mom's Volvo (I need a new car--well, a different car, her mom is in a nursing home, no one in the family wants the car, rather than sell it, she'd like to give it to me. It has less than 42,000 miles on it--it is in mint condition--I WANT it, I need it). The problem is it is in the US, I'm in Canada (this because my dad traded my mom's car in after telling me I could have it--I love my BGF). I have made no fewer than 12 phone calls (and visited US and Canadian customs) about this. I still don't know if I have to pay duty on this gift. Why? Because the number I was given by Cdn customs told me I had to call this number. Called the number, person called me back, said no, I had to call this number...etc. the last # I got, well the office is closed today. If it is a holiday, why is my TOU electricity not on "holiday" rates? Another rant.

I have gotten confirmation there aren't any open recalls on this VIN. I have gotten confirmation from the organization that has to safety it that it has everything it needs, but no one can tell me if (a) I can accept it as a gift for $1 and not pay HST, or if (b) because it was manufactured in Sweden, I have to pay duty on it and what the rate is. I don't want to pay for any more repairs on my existing vehicle (or have it e-tested next month to re-license it), if I can get this car in at the end of my trip to TX. Why is it so hard to get this information!!! And yes, I've spent hours on the web besides on the phone...it should be easier than this! At least she won't tell me she's traded it/sold it after all of this. She just says "are you sure you want it...her husband has already bought snows/winters for it, rims, and taken it it for a tuneup" YES!!!

Good luck with the Volvo. What year is it? I will be looking to trade in my 19 year old Volvo for a newer one as soon as I get some money from my mum's estate. The, hopefully final, hearing is in early February.

Yup--manufactured in Sweden. I loved my other Volvo. I had it forever (about 18 years). I like Volvos. I figure I will have this one for awhile...at least another 130K.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm getting something creeping up on me, low grade fever. No cough, but stuffy, sneezing like crazy. And just feel icky, not sick enough to stay home. Steady headache, but not bad enough for a precursor to a migraine.
Yuck. Hopefully Shrek has made homemade chicken noodle soup for you.

Yup--manufactured in Sweden. I loved my other Volvo. I had it forever (about 18 years). I like Volvos. I figure I will have this one for awhile...at least another 130K.

They are still making them in Sweden, even though Ford owns the company.

I love Volvos. I was rear ended by a drunk. I was driving my first, beloved Volvo. The police, two lady cops who saw the crash, were surprised that we weren't the least bit injured. They are known for being safe and that crash certainly convinced me. Drunken fool was driving an SUV and plowed into me while I was waiting at a traffic light. The frame on my Volvo got bent, so I got a replacement Volvo - the one I have now.

<stomp, stomp, stomp> Time to renew my Victoza injections that I understood to be a two month supply, lasted me only a month. My co-pay was $50 last month. So I'm in a very grouchy mood wandering into the pharmacy<stomp, stomp, stomp>

My co-pay was $0...I wasted a perfectly good mad...I hate it when that happens.

It is just possible that they didn't have a two month supply on hand when you first got it filled, and they failed to tell you. So your original co-pay was for a two month supply. Next time look on the bottle and check the amount. If it is in pill form, there should be 30 pills. The label has to say how much is in the container. And they should inform you if it is a full prescription as written. Of course if it was a pharmacist aide that handed you your purchase, she would have no way of knowing.

Next time speak to the pharmacist. Don't take it laying down. It is the only way you can catch any errors that may be made. Open the bag and examine the bottle right there at the counter. Read your rights that should be posted right within sight of the service counter where you either drop off your script or where you pick it up. But I do understand your frustration! :chef:

It is just possible that they didn't have a two month supply on hand when you first got it filled, and they failed to tell you. So your original co-pay was for a two month supply. Next time look on the bottle and check the amount. If it is in pill form, there should be 30 pills. The label has to say how much is in the container. And they should inform you if it is a full prescription as written. Of course if it was a pharmacist aide that handed you your purchase, she would have no way of knowing.

Next time speak to the pharmacist. Don't take it laying down. It is the only way you can catch any errors that may be made. Open the bag and examine the bottle right there at the counter. Read your rights that should be posted right within sight of the service counter where you either drop off your script or where you pick it up. But I do understand your frustration! :chef:

Actually, my vent was that I wasted a perfectly good mad...:LOL:

The medication is in a pen for injection, first time for me using it, I thought (my bad, should have read the instructions) one pen was one month and I had gotten two pens. Now I know better and I wasn't paying attention to how many pens Shrek was going through a month on his injectable. Since I am no longer administering medications at work, I hadn't gotten to use any pen injectables except for Novolog and those last forever. They are cool and the needles are sooo tiny.

I was excited by no co-pay...but you can bet I won't count on it happening again.

Actually, my vent was that I wasted a perfectly good mad...:LOL:

The medication is in a pen for injection, first time for me using it, I thought (my bad, should have read the instructions) one pen was one month and I had gotten two pens. Now I know better and I wasn't paying attention to how many pens Shrek was going through a month on his injectable. Since I am no longer administering medications at work, I hadn't gotten to use any pen injectables except for Novolog and those last forever. They are cool and the needles are sooo tiny.
I was excited by no co-pay...but you can bet I won't count on it happening again.

You get a freebee mad next time. Those injectables are so neat. My son carries one with him all summer. Allergic to bee stings. :chef:

My son took all my whites down to the laundry room and washed and dried them. Bless his heart. I guess I can't have everything. I have to fold everything. There is a pile of towels. There are several sheet towels that are very heavy and thick. I hate folding these. The rest of the towels are of normal size. Those are bad enough to fold. I use to enjoy folding laundry. But not anymore. :ermm:

Being sick really makes me vent!!! Now today I finally went to the doctor (actually her PA) after being sick for three weeks. I was given a script for nighttime cough medicine, so I may actually get some rest tonight, but...I was also told that it may last another week or so. Now I need to wait a week before taking anything to get better! Now, I have a massive headache. Guess I will see how tonight goes!

Wow, reading the vents it seams like everyone is getting sick. Me too. I just got over a cold yesterday and today I woke up with a stomach bug. Not at all fun. Fealing better tonight though. Hope everyone else gets better soon.

My vent is about weird petty crap. But that's really what this thread is for...petty crap. I'm cranky and feeling a bit petty myself about now.

I got a "talking to" at work yesterday and I was not responsible for one of the issues, and I'd corrected an oversight I'd made. I explained as much to this supervisor and suggested he do some digging about it. Then I got to thinking about this and realized that he could only have heard about my oversight from another employee who is not my biggest fan. So, I'm a little peeved. I corrected one very minor error, and then have been accused of one LARGER error that could impact my credibility. I'm unhappy and I can't even confront this particular coworker as he is on days off for two more days. Grrrr. In the grand scheme of things this isn't a big issue, but it is irritating.

AND...my eyelid keeps twitching. Its making me NUTS. Been happening off and on now for a month or so and I can't figure out how to stop it!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom