"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 02-27-2013, 10:22 PM   #841
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittle68 View Post
Me too lol- the sun gives me cancer!!
Until two years ago I had worked nightshift for 11 years...still not crazy about too much sun.

Old 02-27-2013, 10:31 PM   #842
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Until two years ago I had worked nightshift for 11 years...still not crazy about too much sun.
I once had a job that in the winter I left the house at seven in the morn and went home at four or five. Never saw the light of day. Couldn't wait for Spring.

Old 02-27-2013, 10:35 PM   #843
Chef Extraordinaire

11 years? how did you find it going back to normal, human life, pf?

i've been on the shift of the dead for 2 1/2 years now, and i hate it. i love the sun.

but now when i leave work, i hiss at the sun and throw my cape over my eyes as i search for a coffin or dark shadows.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:44 PM   #844
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I'm still not used to it, I'm a natural night owl, it is very easy for me to slip into a night existence. Vacations always cause insomnia, because my clock gets reset to being up all night. Early to bed for me is 10 pm...

Oh and I still hiss at the sun and pull my cape over my eyes.
Old 02-28-2013, 02:55 PM   #845
Sous Chef

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
For me the sun is just bright and uncomfortable. Even with sunscreen I am not a fan of being in the direct sun for long. I enjoy being outside in the shade though. I look very young for my age, and that is probably why. In my teenage years when I wanted to tan, I was just never able to be in the sun long enough to accomplish it lol. And now that I'm older and wiser, I just prefer to protect myself. I am very pale and have almost no natural protection. Unfortunately for BF he prefers the tan look, but that's just to bad. I prefer the young and healthy look.
Old 02-28-2013, 03:04 PM   #846
Chef Extraordinaire

As a red head the sun was my enemy. But I never let that stop me. I would get my first sunburn and it would turn to tan after. My back and arms are loaded with freckles.

Today I get the hematomas because I am on blood thinners. I get them mostly on my arms. I can't let the sun hit them. My skin is so thin the blood inside the hematomas almost boils. Very painful when the sun hits them About 30 seconds is all I can tolerate for my arms.
Old 03-01-2013, 07:12 PM   #847
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Grrr. Got a handful of healthy Costco almonds, munching on them one at a time. Uh oh, I crunched on a piece of shell. OK, fished the tiny shell out of my mouth. Uh oh, another piece of shell. Threw it away too. Then my tongue touched a previously filled molar, and there's a big hole, part of my tooth is gone! The filling that's left has a razor edge, and while it doesn't hurt, it's uncomfortable. Called the dentist, got the answering machine, they don't work on Friday. And we go on vacation next week. Grrrrr!!
Old 03-01-2013, 07:20 PM   #848
Chef Extraordinaire

Oh no, Dawg! I'm sorry. Wish I had a suggestion for you
Old 03-01-2013, 07:30 PM   #849
Hospitality Queen

oh dear dawg! I know that you can get temporary fill stuff (like bondo for teeth) at Walmart and most grocery stores. You poor thing!!
PS: Costco should have to cover the costs - I got sick off of a burrito from there 15 years ago and they paid for the doctor visit which told me I had food poisoning.
Old 03-01-2013, 07:39 PM   #850
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Thanks guys! Unfortunately I threw the shell pieces away, not realizing my piece of tooth was gone. Though I was able to save a piece of filling....how it stayed on my jacket, I have no idea.

Hmm. This tooth Bondo really interests me, will check Walmart. Thanks, Jkath!

I'd thought about trying an emery board or one of my Dremel attachments (minus the Dremel) to file down the razor-sharp edge of the leftover filling. DH was saying how I'd probably need a cap, but I just don't have time for that next week.