Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
First thing I ever asked a doctor for was for him to check my thyroid function. My Mother had hyperparathyroidism for many years before if was diagnosed. I was the one that kept telling her she had a thyroid problem and her doctor at the time said, "I'm the doctor, your daughter is a cashier, who do YOU think is right?" Turns out I was right. After surgery Mom's life turned around and she was feeling good for the first time in a long time.

Now I have mine checked yearly, I don't want it to be sprung on me.

You should have sent him a big card with one word. CACHING!!! ;)

You should have sent him a big card with one word. CACHING!!! ;)

You wouldn't believe how many times that doctor told me that everything was in my head, not real at all. If he'd had his way I would have been stashed in the nut house a long time ago or dead.:wacko:

Fortunately, today most of the old time doctors who didn't like having their patients questioning their judgement have go of the wayside. I wouldn't stay with a doctor who doesn't listen to me. You really want to tick me off? Treat me as if I am nothing but some old stupid woman who shouldn't dare question the wisdom of a man.

It's really not a gender thing, Addie. Some Doctors just think they are so much smarter than anyone else, that they really have no desire to hear squat from anyone about what *they* think. The Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville saw me for my hearing. The "assistant" did all the testing and when the Doctor came in, he was the type with the perfectly styled hair, aloof bearing, and immediately talked *down* to me. He didn't even give me an exam, but grabbed my arm, walked me to the door and pointed to the hearing aid booth across the hall and told me "That's who you need to see".

What an Ass. I filed a detailed complaint against him with the Hospital Administrator. I'm not impressed much with the Mayo Clinic. They have awesome resources, but their Doctors all think they're special and treat their patients as something less than they are.

What an Ass. I filed a detailed complaint against him with the Hospital Administrator. I'm not impressed much with the Mayo Clinic. They have awesome resources, but their Doctors all think they're special and treat their patients as something less than they are.

Just wait. It gets worse as you get older. They keep wanting to give you tests to see if dementia has started to set in yet. :ohmy:

Man, I was doing some work yesterday and squatted with my left foot in a very cramped spot which caused my left big toe to flex past it's normal limits. I sprained the Dickens out of it and today I can hardly walk on it.

I would like to go a full week without injury. It seems much harder to do than it sounds.

Man, I was doing some work yesterday and squatted with my left foot in a very cramped spot which caused my left big toe to flex past it's normal limits. I sprained the Dickens out of it and today I can hardly walk on it.

I would like to go a full week without injury. It seems much harder to do than it sounds.

Thank you for the my laugh for the day. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Just wait until the day comes when you get tangled in your oxygen hose. Big toe huh? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I can't stop laughing.

Kinda hard on your feet, Timothy? You just got healed up from those nasty blisters. Take care of yourself.

You are SOooooo bad!

True. I have been asked to leave church because I couldn't stop laughing.

And at funerals, you will not be praying for the soul of the dearly departed, but for more relative to die so you can have more fun and laughs.

Still laughing! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Oh fine! Here I am walking around with a 30 pound watermelon hanging off my foot and you're finding humor in it...;)

i was prevented from "thanking" you for the above post. it seems that would have exceeded the "one thank you rule" per thread? with this new system, i wonder who's counting, and what does it matter? so tim, i will be sending off a thanks to you in the near future for some obscure thread where you make some lame comment, and only you and i will know that it's Really intended for the watermelon on the toe comment, okay?;):)

i was prevented from "thanking" you for the above post. it seems that would have exceeded the "one thank you rule" per thread? with this new system, i wonder who's counting, and what does it matter? so tim, i will be sending off a thanks to you in the near future for some obscure thread where you make some lame comment, and only you and i will know that it's Really intended for the watermelon on the toe comment, okay?;):)

Thanks Vitauta! Even with one foot ready for amputation, I can still laugh!

So, here I am in the pantry, moving a table. The table has a fairly large container on it and instead of moving the container, I try to move the table with the container still on it. Long story short; the container fell...and you guessed it, RIGHT ON MY BAD TOE!

I invented two new words. I can't share them with anyone here, but they were very descriptive of what I think of that table and it's ancestry.

Back
Top Bottom