Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i love to hear you guys talking about your pets on these threads--telling funny stories about the hilarious or maddening things your cats and dogs--and even your chickens do--their habits, their idiosyncrasies, and yours. i derive so much pleasure from reading about your pet's personalities, and their antics--especially so since i'm not able to keep a cat or dog myself. i miss the special kind of companionship a cat or a dog has to offer--the way they have of brightening a day, a mood, a life....so please keep bringing those wonderful kitty and doggy tales to the forum--they are the source of widespread smiles, much laughter, and contagious good feelings.... :)

Just for you, Vit! Latté, wondering why I'm playing with the camera and not getting my butt to bed.

Attachments

• latte's bed 003.JPG
    latte's bed 003.JPG
    120.4 KB · Views: 154
I nearly peed myself laughing the first time I saw The Beast, my first cat, try to bury a new type of cat food. I thought it was impressive how well he could express what he thought of that flavour, without using any words.

What slays me is, she will only eat two different canned foods. What she buries today, she will be crawling up my leg to get ready for tomorrow. I don't think it's a comment on the food, I think she's saving it for later.

It is a known fact that elderly people who have pets have a healthier life. And I suspect that the animals are if not more healthier. :)

You know all those nice things I say about my children? WELL FORGET IT! :mad: Son #1 gave me his miserable cold. And I can't take any cold meds because of all the heart meds I am on. I have gone through two boxes of tissues today alone. And what isn't coming out of my nose like a open drain, is going down the back of my throat. So if I am not blowing my nose, I am trying to cough up phlegm. He is out of my will. Fortunately, I don't have a fever and the phlegm is still clear. No infection. !@$%@%^#&^$%&%^(# So there. Stick that in your peace pipe rotten son and smoke it. :mad::mad:

Last edited:
What slays me is, she will only eat two different canned foods. What she buries today, she will be crawling up my leg to get ready for tomorrow. I don't think it's a comment on the food, I think she's saving it for later.

Bottom line: cats iz cats.

A relative sent my elderly dog a rubber chew/knotted tug toy for Christmas. Yawn. She's just not interested. I passed it along to my son, whose German Shepherds are notorious toy-killers. The rubber part lasted a few weeks -- nearly a new record -- now just the fabric tug part is left. My son says their favorite toy is a rubber basketball or leather soccer ball. Neither lasts long before it's punctured; then carried around by the teeth, getting the bejeebers shaken out of it. Yes, those are good guard dogs.

Despite perfectly rational information and advice, I'm continuing to feed my cats the canned food instead of switching to the much more convenient dry. Here's why: I was using the dry as a treat, but find that one of the cats in particular has developed a serious "habit." He is beginning to aggressively request the dry, apparently tastier, food. Non-cat owners may wonder at that, but the cats have their ways of letting you know what they want. He just bugs the heck out of me until he gets some; I'm slow to give in, just on principle. Discipline, discipline. Who's in charge here, anyway? Actually, I think I already know.

I got him and his litter mate as feral kittens about 5 years ago, and still have to watch Larry to keep him from trying to bite -- not a mean, chomping bite, just a slow, "let me see if I can get away with just a nibble this time" testing with his teeth. I've read on the Web that these are "love bites," but they're not for me, so I do watch him carefully and quickly say, "no bites," at which he will look up innocently with a "who, me?" expression.

Just for you, Vit! Latté, wondering why I'm playing with the camera and not getting my butt to bed.

well hi there latte, you gorgeous kitty, you! dontcha just wonder what is up with this little upstart pipsqueak who has taken your place on the dc site? i know he's cute and all, but seriously, c'moNN!! later, latte love....(thanks, pf, give latte a little rub on the forehead for me, do):)

Despite perfectly rational information and advice, I'm continuing to feed my cats the canned food instead of switching to the much more convenient dry. Here's why: I was using the dry as a treat, but find that one of the cats in particular has developed a serious "habit." He is beginning to aggressively request the dry, apparently tastier, food. Non-cat owners may wonder at that, but the cats have their ways of letting you know what they want. He just bugs the heck out of me until he gets some; I'm slow to give in, just on principle. Discipline, discipline. Who's in charge here, anyway? Actually, I think I already know.

HAHAHAHA!!!! You made me laugh til I cried with that one. One of our favorite saying in our house comes from a magnet Mom got. It says, "Dogs have owners, Cats have staff"

One day the dog sat and had himself a think.

The big apes feed me.
The big apes groom me.
The big apes put a roof over my.
The big apes must be god.

One day the cat sat and had himself a think.

The big apes feed me.
The big apes groom me.
The big apes put a roof over my.
I must be god.

I don't know if any of you are aware of this, but we have been having some terrific sun storms. They are playing havoc with the communications satellites. So if your computer is acting up, you can blame it on the sun. It will even affect your cable TV amd telephone. Even if your phone is cable provided. Just another of life's events to keep your life interesting if not aggravated. :ermm:

I don't know if any of you are aware of this, but we have been having some terrific sun storms. They are playing havoc with the communications satellites. So if your computer is acting up, you can blame it on the sun. It will even affect your cable TV amd telephone. Even if your phone is cable provided. Just another of life's events to keep your life interesting if not aggravated. :ermm:

So that's why the cat has been zooming around the house and going berserb.

I was hoping we'd get some northern lights from it, but no such luck (very overcast and probably too far south, although it isn't unheard of around here). I've seen them before, but husband hasn't, and I keep hoping he'll be able to see the phenomenon some day.

You know all those nice things I say about my children? WELL FORGET IT! :mad: Son #1 gave me his miserable cold. And I can't take any cold meds because of all the heart meds I am on. I have gone through two boxes of tissues today alone. And what isn't coming out of my nose like a open drain, is going down the back of my throat. So if I am not blowing my nose, I am trying to cough up phlegm. He is out of my will. Fortunately, I don't have a fever and the phlegm is still clear. No infection. !@$%@%^#&^$%&%^(# So there. Stick that in your peace pipe rotten son and smoke it. :mad::mad:

sorry about your cold miseries, addie. puffs w/aloe are so soothing and gentle for a head cold. i bought a box of puffs for just that purpose, but haven't needed to use them yet. some years ago i started taking echinacea which is said to have properties that boost your natural immune system. i haven't had a cold in i don't know how many years, and my box of puffs with aloe remains untouched.
addie. aren't you being a bit hard on son #1? he looks out for you, according to your posts, and comes by regularly to help you in various ways. have some PURELL on hand, addie, and make sure you both use it when son #1 comes to see you when he has a cold. or else tell him you can't afford to be exposed to his germs....:(
...and i suspect son #1 is quite used to frequent changes to your will....:)

Last edited:
Same here, they act like they are being chased. Has to be it.

You might have noticed that cats seem to be smarter than can be expected from the size of brain that will fit in a cat's head. They are. The one in their head is only the secondary/backup brain. There's a planet on the other side of the Sun, that we never see, that has all the cat brains. Cats are in constant communication with their full sized brains. When there are sunspots, there can be glitches in the communication with the full sized brain.

sorry about your cold miseries, addie. puffs w/aloe are so soothing and gentle for a head cold. i bought a box of puffs for just that purpose, but haven't needed to use them yet. some years ago i started taking echinacea which is said to have properties that boost your natural immune system. i haven't had a cold in i don't know how many years, and my box of puffs with aloe remains untouched.
addie. aren't you being a bit hard on son #1? he looks out for you, according to your posts, and comes by regularly to help you in various ways. have some PURELL on hand, addie, and make sure you both use it when son #1 comes to see you when he has a cold. or else tell him you can't afford to be exposed to his germs....:(
...and i suspect son #1 is quite used to frequent changes to your will....:)

Son #1 puts up with all my foolishness. Whenever I get really sick, he is the one that comes in a flash to help me. When I had that nasty GI thingy, I filled up every towel, sheet, blanket with some very nasty liquid feces. He is the one who took it all to the laundry for me and washed it all, dried it and folded it.

As for the will, I think he already has every thing he could want. The Shun knife, electric knife sharpner, and a couple of other things. Since he lives the closest, and has a key he would be the first one here to take what he wants anyhow. And I have four boxes of Puffs w/aloe. Thanks for caring. As the saying goes, if I stay home and treat the cold myself, it will take 14 days. If I go to the doctor it will take two weeks. :ermm:

You might have noticed that cats seem to be smarter than can be expected from the size of brain that will fit in a cat's head. They are. The one in their head is only the secondary/backup brain. There's a planet on the other side of the Sun, that we never see, that has all the cat brains. Cats are in constant communication with their full sized brains. When there are sunspots, there can be glitches in the communication with the full sized brain.

That makes sense, that's why they go nuts when I put tin foil hats on them...

That makes sense, that's why they go nuts when I put tin foil hats on them...

Time for your meds ladies! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Back
Top Bottom