Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It has been one of those weeks. Here's hoping next week will be better.
Me too PF. Got another chest infection, barking like a dog all night. Only good thing i have two kids to play with, So we will try the currant bars bab posted they will love them. Then it's back to painting hats to wear for me Livi and Ethan baseball caps of course, But I really feel like crawling in bed and sawing logs. But I can't just pray for the night to come.
kades

Sprout, depending on where you are in MD, a day trip to the Eastern Shore will get you to the Atlantic. Just leave EARLY in the morning, the traffic over the Annapolis bridge can be murder.

Me too PF. Got another chest infection, barking like a dog all night. Only good thing i have two kids to play with, So we will try the currant bars bab posted they will love them. Then it's back to painting hats to wear for me Livi and Ethan baseball caps of course, But I really feel like crawling in bed and sawing logs. But I can't just pray for the night to come.
kades

I'm sorry you aren't feeling well, Kades! Sounds like a Vick's night! Play with the kiddos and then eat a good dinner, then off to bed! Hugs!

One of those little ones that I know has been brought up before. But darned it all!! I was baking something that required the use of no cutting blades at all. Then I went to open an easy-open, re-sealable plastic bag and no amount of muscle would rip the opening where it said to tear. So into the drawer and pull out a paring knife. It still wouldn't open correctly .... and I cut my finger. Just a very small cut, but it hit a spot on my finger that bled profusely. The next time someone gives me Amish Friendship Bread batter, I swear, straight into the trash!

One of those little ones that I know has been brought up before. But darned it all!! I was baking something that required the use of no cutting blades at all. Then I went to open an easy-open, re-sealable plastic bag and no amount of muscle would rip the opening where it said to tear. So into the drawer and pull out a paring knife. It still wouldn't open correctly .... and I cut my finger. Just a very small cut, but it hit a spot on my finger that bled profusely. The next time someone gives me Amish Friendship Bread batter, I swear, straight into the trash!

Claire, those "tear here" packages only tear sometimes and the resealable ones rarely do. I just always use my kitchen shears. Paring knives are made for cutting fingers.

Sorry about your boo boo. {{{KISS}}}} There, all better.:LOL:

My vent for the day.. inconsiderate people at the grocery store check out!!! Arrrggggg!!!

I usually use the self-checkout at the one local store I shop at. Today I ended up behind this person who kept stopping to answer her text messages while she was scanning her items and then stopped completely to take a call. I know it wasn't an important call because what I heard was" ..Hello.. nothin just shoopping you? ..yeah.. so what you doin this afternoon?" ARRRGGGGGG! Is it that hard to not answer a text or not take a call???

Then, yes, there is still more.

As I was bagging my groceries, another person came in behind me and instead of waiting until I finished bagging, started scanning and sending their groceries into mine. Did they not think the cans of soup or the cantaloupe were not going to roll down into my stuff?!?!!? :wacko::wacko::shock::w00t2:

My vent for the day.. inconsiderate people at the grocery store check out!!! Arrrggggg!!!

I usually use the self-checkout at the one local store I shop at. Today I ended up behind this person who kept stopping to answer her text messages while she was scanning her items and then stopped completely to take a call. I know it wasn't an important call because what I heard was" ..Hello.. nothin just shoopping you? ..yeah.. so what you doin this afternoon?" ARRRGGGGGG! Is it that hard to not answer a text or not take a call???

Then, yes, there is still more.

As I was bagging my groceries, another person came in behind me and instead of waiting until I finished bagging, started scanning and sending their groceries into mine. Did they not think the cans of soup or the cantaloupe were not going to roll down into my stuff?!?!!? :wacko::wacko::shock::w00t2:
Sorry Dave, that goes on all the time. I make DH angry when I stop turn around and nicely ask, want me to put this all back so YOU con go home 2 min sooner? He feels you catch more flies with honey than vinegar.
kades

Yesterday I went to a store that carries paints, jewels and things I need to make shirts and hats for me and the kids. I was in line paying by check for my purchases when this woman dressed to the nines pushed in beside me I stumbled and DH grabbed me because he was afraid I'd fall. Now I understand being in a hurry but I was using my walker because i had been ill and was a little wobbley , All I got from this woman was Sorry I'm in a hurry, party you know. WELL lady I didn't know but I hope you had fun. Both my grand kids had big eyes at this behavior. So we sat down in the truck and talked about it. They know to wait your turn and be polite. Ahhh life sometime isn't fair. What would you say to this person? I said nothing picked up my things and walked out with my kids and DH and hearing her say Well, she could of at least said it's ok
kades

Last edited:
Sorry Dave, that goes on all the time. I make DH angry when I stop turn around and nicely ask, want me to put this all back so YOU con go home 2 min sooner? He feels you catch more flies with honey than vinegar.
kades

Yes, true...but you get more satisfaction with Sarcasm...:angel:

Yesterday I went to a store that carries paints, jewels and things I need to make shirts and hats for me and the kids. I was in line paying by check for my purchases when this woman dressed to the nines pushed in beside me I stumbled and DH grabbed me because he was afraid I'd fall. Now I understand being in a hurry but I was using my walker because i had been ill and was a little wobbley , All I got from this woman was Sorry I'm in a hurry, party you know. WELL lady I didn't know but I hope you had fun. Both my grand kids had big eyes at this behavior. So we sat down in the truck and talked about it. They know to wait your turn and be polite. Ahhh life sometime isn't fair. What would you say to this person? I said nothing picked up my things and walked out with my kids and DH and hearing her say Well, she could of at least said it's ok
kades

Happens all the time. Someone else causes a problem and they try to fix the blame for it on you and make you out to be the bad guy. I'm sure I would have said something about being sorry about being in her VIP space and breathing the same air...but then, I am not a nice person.:mrgreen:

Happens all the time. Someone else causes a problem and they try to fix the blame for it on you and make you out to be the bad guy. I'm sure I would have said something about being sorry about being in her VIP space and breathing the same air...but then, I am not a nice person.:mrgreen:
Thanks for the Idea sweetie, I needed a new go get em phrase:LOL: I was angry but didn't want to be a fool in font of the kids,
kades:)

I would have rolled or positioned the walker across her foot, letting her know in no uncertain terms that she was invading my space! But as P.F. said, "I'm not a very nice person..." particularly when it comes to letting people know they're being rude!

I have a real problem with people who feel entitled and that the rules don't apply to them. Kades, I could teach you some words that will ensure they will back off and give you some space. Of course, you're too nice to use them.

As a cashier I saw many liberties taken in which I was not allowed to respond...but as a customer, there are no barriers and I gladly use them. If I am affronted or the cashier is being browbeaten, I'm not afraid to step in and let the rude so-and-so have it.

Yeah, I know better, I really do, and why walking across the room to get the shears didn't come first to mind is beyond my powers of conscious thought. Just grabbed nearest implement at hand. And, notice, most of them don't re-seal very well either!

The latest is that I finally, after much shopping, found an old-fashioned wooden office chair that looked acceptable ... and this is shopping on line and at every store in Dubuque and Galena. I even looked into having one custom made by an Amish community and couldn't get an estimate and gave up (probably wouldn't have been able to afford it anyway). Finally found one that was acceptable and ordered it. Arrived with a crushed caster. Can't figure out how to remove it to see if I can replace it, so the whole chair has to go back. I'd even made a point of opening the box in the parking lot to make sure it was the correct color and style, but didn't assemble it, stupid me. I'll return and re-order, but the next time I'll not only open it in the parking lot, I'll assemble it there as well. Heck, let them dispose of the box and foam packing!

Yeah, I know better, I really do, and why walking across the room to get the shears didn't come first to mind is beyond my powers of conscious thought. Just grabbed nearest implement at hand. And, notice, most of them don't re-seal very well either!

The latest is that I finally, after much shopping, found an old-fashioned wooden office chair that looked acceptable ... and this is shopping on line and at every store in Dubuque and Galena. I even looked into having one custom made by an Amish community and couldn't get an estimate and gave up (probably wouldn't have been able to afford it anyway). Finally found one that was acceptable and ordered it. Arrived with a crushed caster. Can't figure out how to remove it to see if I can replace it, so the whole chair has to go back. I'd even made a point of opening the box in the parking lot to make sure it was the correct color and style, but didn't assemble it, stupid me. I'll return and re-order, but the next time I'll not only open it in the parking lot, I'll assemble it there as well. Heck, let them dispose of the box and foam packing!

I used a paring knife the other day to open a box...because I couldn't find my box cutter. The paring knife was impossible to control through the cardboard and now my jeans have a hole in the knee...at least my knee doesn't have a corresponding hole!:ermm:

As a cashier I saw many liberties taken in which I was not allowed to respond...but as a customer, there are no barriers and I gladly use them. If I am affronted or the cashier is being browbeaten, I'm not afraid to step in and let the rude so-and-so have it.

Once I was in a grocery store, waiting at the deli counter, and could hear the deli department manager yelling at and berating one of her employees. I just went to the front of the store with my other purchases (not buying from the deli) and stopped at the service desk to talk to the store manager. Told him an employee, no matter how wrong, should not be yelled at in front of customers, period, ever. No one wants that as part of their shopping experience. If the employee needs to be fired, OK, do it. If s/he needs to be corrected, OK. But your customers don't need to have inter-employee fights as part of their shopping experience, and the next time I hear it, I'll leave my full shopping basket in the middle of the store with a short note explaining why. Control your managers.

Back
Top Bottom