Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
CJ, I turn blue all over too when I'm stuck. Adding to that, my veins literally disappear the moment they know we are heading for blood work. A time or two back they took it from the top of my left hand and it looked as though it would never heal and stayed blue for well into the second month. After that, my doctor told me to always drink a 12 oz glass of water before going for blood work. It seemed to help. I think I'm the one who gets the new person to practice on.
licia,
i turn purple because I'm an easy bruser but because I have to take asprin that makes the brusing worse. This bruise I was talking about was from surgery on my arm to place an access \for dialysis. Fun wheeeee but it's purple now and starting to heal. and I'll be the old kades in no tome.
kades

My venting is about drivers. What in the world has happened to road courtesy and normal politeness? Have they been erased from our world?

I was taught that on a normal road with two lanes in each direction, that one lane is for turns and passing, the other for long term driving. This way, anyone in a hurry for whatever reason, can move over and pass the slower vehicles. :rolleyes:

Well, it seems now-a-days, that half the people on the highway want to just glide along in BOTH lanes, usually right beside one-another, so NO ONE can get past either of them! :mad:

In the last 5 years, I've noticed this all over the USA. I wonder if it's the same in other countries? People just don't think of being polite on the road any longer it seems.

I was taught this was a courtesy rule for highway driving. In town it is necessary for slow traffic to be in the left lane so they can make their left hand turns. Also, if the highway is running through a city that has left hand exits, the cars taking those exits need to be able to be in that lane.

I was taught this was a courtesy rule for highway driving. In town it is necessary for slow traffic to be in the left lane so they can make their left hand turns. Also, if the highway is running through a city that has left hand exits, the cars taking those exits need to be able to be in that lane.

Yes, in town, where there are lots of turns. I can see that. However, out on the open highway, (in the USA), the right lane is where everyone should be unless they have an imminent left turn approaching or while passing another vehicle.

Right?

Yes, in town, where there are lots of turns. I can see that. However, out on the open highway, (in the USA), the right lane is where everyone should be unless they have an imminent turn approaching or while passing another vehicle.

Right?

p'zactly!

Yes, in town, where there are lots of turns. I can see that. However, out on the open highway, (in the USA), the right lane is where everyone should be unless they have an imminent left turn approaching or while passing another vehicle.

Right?

p'zactly!

Sometimes, like yesterday...:rolleyes:, I wish I had a big pair of grabbers on my roof. Then I could pick up the rude person who is pacing the car next to them for 50 miles, 20 mph UNDER the limit, and move them into the right lane. :wacko:

Sometimes, like yesterday...:rolleyes:, I wish I had a big pair of grabbers on my roof. Then I could pick up the rude person who is pacing the car next to them for 50 miles, 20 mph UNDER the limit, and move them into the right lane. :wacko:

What?!? You don't have front mount .50 caliber guns?:angel:

You need to move to Montana!

What does one do at a Coroner's inquest? I'd say I haven't been called for jury duty in a while, but I'd probably receive one in the mailbox asap. So I didn't really say that.:rolleyes:

Coroner; "Here, hold this kidney for a second...hey, whatcha on the floor for? Get up here and help me. This is no time for napping!" :ROFLMAO:

Cute, Timothy!

Licia, a coroners inquest is done to confirm cause of death. Witnesses and professionals are called, but if there are suspects they do not attend. The jury takes all the evidence from the coroner's findings, witness accounts and any other pertinent information and makes a ruling on cause of death. Since I love shows like CSI, Law & Order, Etc. I would love to be in on this. Also, my sister is a civilian employee in the local RCMP Ident/Forensics department so it runs in the family! :rolleyes:

awful, unproductive day. trying to sew and also order groceries on line.

sewing, trying to sew on netting. not hard except has decorative bumps that don't like my machine. it kept hitting the bumps and then the bobbin twisted up. gave up and made ruffle out of the smooth fabric. the over skirts are made with the netting. guess i will figure out what to do when i get there. sure would hate to have to sew it all by hand.

the site for vons groceries on line was wacky all day. i fought it anyway as i wanted the delivery time, i had picked out. finally got it done, and was not the pleasure i usually find.

tomorrow will be better, it has to be.

I'm going to regress and vent about "improvements" in technology. Last weekend I was so frustrated I wanted to scream. Every single friggin' "advance" in technology leaves me unable to do basic stuff I used to be able to do. And the instructions are always written by someone who does not speak English as their first language. I mean, really, why don't you at least hire an English speaker who has actually set the stuff up to write the instructions? There always seems to be one step missing. I finally managed to fix a couple of problems (one with my cell phone, one with a new TV remote), but, I swear, it was only after I kicked husband out of the house so I could have some peace and quiet while I did it, and it still took over an hour because of really, really poor instructions and people answering the help line who had accents so thick I could not understand them (and I'm generally good with accents, I really am).

You are so weird. I got a letter for jury duty during finals week...um, DUH! That would have been a waste of my tuition, missing finals. You wouldn't believe the hoops I had to jump to get out of it. Now that I could do it, I never get a letter.

this is weird. I have never been called for jury duty. Everywhere I've lived, I've registered to vote and voted (you're part of the solution or part of the problem; if you don't vote, don't complain). I'm told that is where they get the jury lists. I've lived, as a registered voter, in Florida, North Dakota, Virginia, Hawaii, and here in Illinois, and never been called for jury duty. I'm 56, and it strikes me as odd.

this is weird. I have never been called for jury duty. Everywhere I've lived, I've registered to vote and voted (you're part of the solution or part of the problem; if you don't vote, don't complain). I'm told that is where they get the jury lists. I've lived, as a registered voter, in Florida, North Dakota, Virginia, Hawaii, and here in Illinois, and never been called for jury duty. I'm 56, and it strikes me as odd.

Man, I hate to jinx it, but it's the same with me. I've never been called for jury duty. I'm 58 and have registered and voted in every election since I was 18. :ohmy:

Claire...are we defective? Are our opinions not wanted? Are we to be cast aside? Outcasts of jury duty...:wacko:

Man, I hate to jinx it, but it's the same with me. I've never been called for jury duty. I'm 58 and have registered and voted in every election since I was 18. :ohmy:

Claire...are we defective? Are our opinions not wanted? Are we to be cast aside? Outcasts of jury duty...:wacko:

I was not called for the first time until I was 57. In my area it seems to tie in with the Motor Vehicles Department database. I also think they rely on retired people to the extent possible because they do not have to pay the jury stipend. Just my opinion.

Actually, we might be. :LOL: My husband has been called up, and they asked him what business he was retired from. He told them he's a retired Army officer. The defense jumped up and more or less said "no way". When he tells the story, people laugh, and those in the know around here say he never has to worry about doing jury duty in this town because everyone has pre-conceived notions of what an Army officer will hold for opinions! They never got past asking his background to find out what he might think or know about the issue. I might be in the same predjudicial boat with him!

My venting is about drivers. What in the world has happened to road courtesy and normal politeness? Have they been erased from our world?

I was taught that on a normal road with two lanes in each direction, that one lane is for turns and passing, the other for long term driving. This way, anyone in a hurry for whatever reason, can move over and pass the slower vehicles. :rolleyes:

Well, it seems now-a-days, that half the people on the highway want to just glide along in BOTH lanes, usually right beside one-another, so NO ONE can get past either of them! :mad:

In the last 5 years, I've noticed this all over the USA. I wonder if it's the same in other countries? People just don't think of being polite on the road any longer it seems.

Yeah, not going to touch this one. I'd be here all day writing my response and then decide not to post it because it just sounded to rant like. I'll just say there is a reason I prefer driving late at night and leave it at that.

Actually here, seniors don't have to serve if they don't want to - the rest of us have to have an excuse!

That's the way it is here too. When I got called to jury duty there was an elderly gentleman who said he volunteered for jury duty as often as he could, even though he didn't have to serve even if his name was selected. He was retired and said he figured if he was on the jury then it was one less still working individual having his or her life disrupted and being deprived of important income (jury stipends are not the same as a wage). I got to talk to him after all was over and he was just a really cool guy in general, the type that you can't help but respect within minutes of meeting him.

Actually, we might be. :LOL: My husband has been called up, and they asked him what business he was retired from. He told them he's a retired Army officer. The defense jumped up and more or less said "no way". When he tells the story, people laugh, and those in the know around here say he never has to worry about doing jury duty in this town because everyone has pre-conceived notions of what an Army officer will hold for opinions! They never got past asking his background to find out what he might think or know about the issue. I might be in the same predjudicial boat with him!

I'm just the opposite. During selection they asked the potential jurors if the defendant not testifying would make him look guilty to them and if we could think of a legitimate reason why an innocent person might not want to speak on the stand. I gave a very logical answer that had the judge and every lawyer in the room nodding in agreement. When they asked what my profession was and I said network tech, that pretty much sealed it. I'm pretty sure if my name gets pulled again and I make it to the questioning stage, if even one person that was involved that time is present I'll be on the jury again.

Back
Top Bottom