Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's nasty, PAG. Hope there's a speedy recovery! Did you get an X-ray?

Last edited:
No, didn't get it checked. I've sprained it before and it feels the same as that time. It's not swelling at all and is fealing only a little achey (maybe a 3 out of 10) so long as I don't bend it too far, straighten until it's locked or twist it. My elbows are a little odd and bend backwards a little just naturally so I'm pretty sure I just over-extended it. And it's a little better than it was when I first hurt it so I'm thinking (hoping) I lucked out and it's just minor.

purple.alien.giraffe said:
No, didn't get it checked. I've sprained it before and it feels the same as that time. It's not swelling at all and is fealing only a little achey (maybe a 3 out of 10) so long as I don't bend it too far, straighten until it's locked or twist it. My elbows are a little odd and bend backwards a little just naturally so I'm pretty sure I just over-extended it. And it's a little better than it was when I first hurt it so I'm thinking (hoping) I lucked out and it's just minor.

You still may want to check it. I broke both 5th metatarsals, one on each foot, on 2 separate occasions, and since I had no pain, swelling or bruising, put off x-rays for both. Finally went in, and after bone doc looked at the x-rays, he said, both times, "You broke that sucker!". I am such a clutz.

Just sayin'.

I've over-extended both elbows...not fun. And with the compressed ulnar nerve in my left elbow...I'm lucky I can hold a pen, let alone anything else.

Sorry you are hurting Jess. Hugs!!!

getting old is the pits. i had several things scheduled for today, clean sheets , etc. i unloaded the dishwasher. then i said "self" i really don't have the energy for all this today. so i have done nothing. makes me feel guilty. i am sure i will have more of these days as i get older. gotta learn to live with the guilt.

getting old is the pits. i had several things scheduled for today, clean sheets , etc. i unloaded the dishwasher. then i said "self" i really don't have the energy for all this today. so i have done nothing. makes me feel guilty. i am sure i will have more of these days as i get older. gotta learn to live with the guilt.

I used to have the same problem with the guilt. I had to keep reminding myself I'm retired. The only person I have to answer to is myself.

Feeling guilty about something like that is not being nice to yourself. Stop that, my friend!

purple.alien.giraffe said:
I'm happy to report it's doing better today. Still need to take it easy but should be fine in a few days.

So glad to hear that!

Babe, you have earned the right to do nothing! No reason to feel guilty. You have been so productive with your sewing, you need a vacation!

Last edited:

babe, you were a much happier girl when you were pouring your time and energies into that huge dressmaking project of these past few months. you've not had sufficient time to readjust physically and emotionally to your former daily routine. recognize this "down" feeling for what it is, a temporary hitch, and you'll soon regain the healthy outlook of your base. is there another outfit that's just begging for your dressmaking skills and attentions in the near future, by any chance? please forgive me if i come across as pedantic--it's my social worker background....:)

The first thing you need to get rid of is the guilt. Guilt is pointless. It accomplishes absolutely nothing! It just ruins part of your life.

Getting old sure beats the heck outta the alternative. I don't care what is wrong, it beats pushing up daisies in the cemetery!

In my retirement, I do nothing I don't feel like doing. I don't have a moments regret and wouldn't know guilt if it bit me in the butt!

Relax Babe! Ease your mind, kick back some and enjoy doing nothing but breathing! It's good for you!!!!

You should see my yard! I haven't mowed it in 3 weeks. I think I saw a Giraffe's head out there above the grass! I couldn't care less! I'll mow it when I feel like mowing it and not a moment sooner!

The first thing you need to get rid of is the guilt. Guilt is pointless. It accomplishes absolutely nothing! It just ruins part of your life.

Getting old sure beats the heck outta the alternative. I don't care what is wrong, it beats pushing up daisies in the cemetery!

In my retirement, I do nothing I don't feel like doing. I don't have a moments regret and wouldn't know guilt if it bit me in the butt!

Relax Babe! Ease your mind, kick back some and enjoy doing nothing but breathing! It's good for you!!!!

You should see my yard! I haven't mowed it in 3 weeks. I think I saw a Giraffe's head out there above the grass! I couldn't care less! I'll mow it when I feel like mowing it and not a moment sooner!

Was it purple? :ROFLMAO:

I just downloaded a new puzzle game I purchased. After about 5 minutes, I started hearing audio only ads. Has anyone had that happen?

I restarted my computer and turned the sound back on and haven't heard one since, but that really rattled my cage. Audio Spam???????? NOoooooooo!

My other vent involves the puzzle games.

I've have Super Collapse Puzzle Gallery 2, 3, 4 and 5. After reaching each million I had been able to post my score and it is ranked with global scores by other players over the last 24 hours. It's been fun comparing my scores with others'.

A couple of days ago I stopped getting the Global scores. I contacted GameHouse Support, (twice), but they weren't able to help.

I hadn't made changes to my computer recently, so I:

Changed my virus protection program
Re-installed one of the games
Did a System Restore to before the problem with the games as well as before the last two automatic updates

Nothing worked. I finally tried the GameHouse forum and posted a question about it, but I have my doubts about getting an answer. The forums aren't very busy.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, I feel a little better.

Last edited:
The 7 shade trees I received for free from the city all came in 5 gallon containers. I was expecting larger trees in 15 gallon containers. I'll be dead by the time these trees mature and provide enough shade to my house.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom