Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hopefully, that will make the 3 (bad things that happen) and Murphy will leave you alone for awhile.

At least your KA is still ticking.

You should send them a copy of the picture and let them know their product still works. Maybe you'd get something free.

They are going to wonder why he was using the mixer in the bathroom...:rolleyes:

But he wasn't using it in the Honda. That may be an issue with the warranty.

Bummer, Andy. Hope you get things sorted out. Surely the dealership should make things right.

Today I was driving into town to pick a few things up and my back wheel started to make some noise. It got so bad I had to pull over. After an inspection I noticed that all 4 wheel lugs were loose. I could have lost my wheel doing 65 mph on the Trans Canada Highway:ohmy:. Now, I have to wonder was it vandals? My girlfriends ex husband? Natural causes? :glare:hmmmmmm. Never a dull moment in Lobsterland....

Last edited:
Bummer, Andy. Hope you get things sorted out. Surely the dealership should make things right.

Today I was driving into town to pick a few things up and my back wheel started to make some noise. It got so bad I had to pull over. After an inspection I noticed that all 4 wheel lugs were loose. I could have lost my wheel doing 65 mph on the Trans Canada Highway:ohmy:. Now, I have to wonder was it vandals? My girlfriends ex husband? Natural causes? :glare:hmmmmmm. Never a dull moment in Lobsterland....

That was a close call, rock. Nice catch.

We rented a beater VW convertible in Mexico, as we have for years. Same nice lady, same nice deal on insurance. All good. Same old same old.

UNTIL, we went out for our next morning snorkel trip, and found out someone had stolen our back seat! From a well lit parking lot! Thank goodness the battery was still there.

Cost us $100 for a new old back seat. Apparently times are tough all over.

Thanks Alix. That was a relief. I was concerned they were going to blame it on the remote starter I had installed after I bought the car. They actually tested the remote starter as part of the service process and said it was A-OK.

Andy M. said:
Just got my Honda back. Defective battery. Replaced free under warranty.

Yesss!

Honda makes a great product. So glad it worked out for you, Andy!

Okay, my BGF (I think that is the right acronym for best girl friend?) has offered me her mom's Volvo (I need a new car--well, a different car, her mom is in a nursing home, no one in the family wants the car, rather than sell it, she'd like to give it to me. It has less than 42,000 miles on it--it is in mint condition--I WANT it, I need it). The problem is it is in the US, I'm in Canada (this because my dad traded my mom's car in after telling me I could have it--I love my BGF). I have made no fewer than 12 phone calls (and visited US and Canadian customs) about this. I still don't know if I have to pay duty on this gift. Why? Because the number I was given by Cdn customs told me I had to call this number. Called the number, person called me back, said no, I had to call this number...etc. the last # I got, well the office is closed today. If it is a holiday, why is my TOU electricity not on "holiday" rates? Another rant.

I have gotten confirmation there aren't any open recalls on this VIN. I have gotten confirmation from the organization that has to safety it that it has everything it needs, but no one can tell me if (a) I can accept it as a gift for $1 and not pay HST, or if (b) because it was manufactured in Sweden, I have to pay duty on it and what the rate is. I don't want to pay for any more repairs on my existing vehicle (or have it e-tested next month to re-license it), if I can get this car in at the end of my trip to TX. Why is it so hard to get this information!!! And yes, I've spent hours on the web besides on the phone...it should be easier than this! At least she won't tell me she's traded it/sold it after all of this. She just says "are you sure you want it...her husband has already bought snows/winters for it, rims, and taken it it for a tuneup" YES!!!

Last edited:
<stomp, stomp, stomp> Time to renew my Victoza injections that I understood to be a two month supply, lasted me only a month. My co-pay was $50 last month. So I'm in a very grouchy mood wandering into the pharmacy<stomp, stomp, stomp>

My co-pay was $0...I wasted a perfectly good mad...I hate it when that happens.

PrincessFiona60 said:
<stomp, stomp, stomp> Time to renew my Victoza injections that I understood to be a two month supply, lasted me only a month. My co-pay was $50 last month. So I'm in a very grouchy mood wandering into the pharmacy<stomp, stomp, stomp>

My co-pay was $0...I wasted a perfectly good mad...I hate it when that happens.

My partner was "prescribed" fish oil, $65 per month co-pay! For a standard 1 gram pill! I put an end to that and got him a big bottle at the club store, 5 months supply for $15, after a bunch of research, I found out that there was nothing special about the prescribed fish oil, it was just plain 'ol fish oil.

My partner was "prescribed" fish oil, $65 per month co-pay! For a standard 1 gram pill! I put an end to that and got him a big bottle at the club store, 5 months supply for $15, after a bunch of research, I found out that there was nothing special about the prescribed fish oil, it was just plain 'ol fish oil.

There are somethings you are better off buying over the counter. The same thing happened with Shrek's Vit D3, prescription would have been $35 co-pay. A bottle from Costco, that supplies both of us for 6 months $13. He was prescribed, I started taking it because 95% of Americans are thought to be Vit D deficient, especially if they work nights.

PrincessFiona60 said:
There are somethings you are better off buying over the counter. The same thing happened with Shrek's Vit D3, prescription would have been $35 co-pay. A bottle from Costco, that supplies both of us for 6 months $13. He was prescribed, I started taking it because 95% of Americans are thought to be Vit D deficient, especially if they work nights.

He just tries to do the right thing and thought that this must be better because it is prescribed, luckily he has me, I am thrifty and research everything! Don't even get me started on the price of his Niaspan, if there was an extended release niacin over the counter I would buy it for him, but there isn't and I don't want him looking like a lobster from the flushing!

He just tries to do the right thing and thought that this must be better because it is prescribed, luckily he has me, I am thrifty and research everything! Don't even get me started on the price of his Niaspan, if there was an extended release niacin over the counter I would buy it for him, but there isn't and I don't want him looking like a lobster from the flushing!

Helps to know a nurse who will look things up for you if you ask nicely...:rolleyes:

I like Krill Oil, much easier to swallow than fish oil. Tiny little pills. I have trouble choking down fish oil. Also get D3 OTC.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom