Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You might have noticed that cats seem to be smarter than can be expected from the size of brain that will fit in a cat's head. They are. The one in their head is only the secondary/backup brain. There's a planet on the other side of the Sun, that we never see, that has all the cat brains. Cats are in constant communication with their full sized brains. When there are sunspots, there can be glitches in the communication with the full sized brain.

That makes sense, that's why they go nuts when I put tin foil hats on them...

:cat:Now THAT'S funny! :cat:

I’ve been stalked before, and now I’m getting the feeling it’s happening again.

Robert was originally brought over by Joe, my next door neighbor, who knocked on my door, Robert in tow, and introduced me to this burnt out hippie weirdo dude, saying he thought I’d like meeting him. (!!!!!!!)

I’m a very private person and Joe should know this by now, but it ended up that Robert came back by and I invited him in.

I have NOTHING in common with this weirdo and was able to encourage him to leave.

He came by the next morning at 8 a.m. I ran him off, telling him it was too early.

He stopped by again around 4:30 p.m., and I just ignored his knock.

Abour an hour later, I noticed a sheet of paper on the floor by my door, apologizing and leaving his apartment number.

I ignored it.

Last week, there was a note taped to my door when I returned from shopping, asking me to call him, and gave me the phone number.

I ignored it too.

My problem is that this is weighing on my mind a lot lately. Just knowing he can knock on my door at any time, even knowing I’ll just ignore it, it upsets me.

If any contact is attempted again, I will go to the management office and make a report. I’m not looking forward to that, but I should be able to feel that it’s a resolved issue instead of waiting for another attempt.

Wow, did that ever get my blood pressure up, writing about it. I'm glad I did, though, because it made me realize that I needed to make a report anyway. There is a lady who works there I feel comfortable talking to.

Last edited:
Zhizara,

I think you would be wise to report it and also mention it to your neighbor. The next time you have a chance encounter with Robert I think you should calmly and quietly explain that you have no interest in having any contact. If that does not work report it to the police. It is probably harmless but, who needs the stress!

I've been stalked before, and now I’m getting the feeling it’s happening again.

Robert was originally brought over by Joe, my next door neighbor, who knocked on my door, Robert in tow, and introduced me to this burnt out hippie weirdo dude, saying he thought I’d like meeting him. (!!!!!!!)

I’m a very private person and Joe should know this by now, but it ended up that Robert came back by and I invited him in.

I have NOTHING in common with this weirdo and was able to encourage him to leave.

He came by the next morning at 8 a.m. I ran him off, telling him it was too early.

He stopped by again around 4:30 p.m., and I just ignored his knock.

About an hour later, I noticed a sheet of paper on the floor by my door, apologizing and leaving his apartment number.

I ignored it.

Last week, there was a note taped to my door when I returned from shopping, asking me to call him, and gave me the phone number.

I ignored it too.

My problem is that this is weighing on my mind a lot lately. Just knowing he can knock on my door at any time, even knowing I’ll just ignore it, it upsets me.

If any contact is attempted again, I will go to the management office and make a report. I’m not looking forward to that, but I should be able to feel that it’s a resolved issue instead of waiting for another attempt.

Wow, did that ever get my blood pressure up, writing about it. I'm glad I did, though, because it made me realize that I needed to make a report anyway. There is a lady who works there I feel comfortable talking to.

With this post, start keeping a journal. Don't rely on your memory. When you are upset, it can be come faulty. If it gets to the point of a court appearance, it can and will be used for evidence. And definitely go to management. And if it continues, then go to the police or courts to get a restraining order.

I have been there with my granddaughter. When a restraining order didn't work, it took the fire department to get him off our porch roof with the fire hose, and four police officers to get him in handcuffs. Both hands and feet. Needless to say, we were the talk of the neighborhood. He ended up being committed and was there for five years. By that time we had moved to another city and she had married. He was considered a danger to himself and the public.

Aunt Bea, it is not my intention to be confontational. But I think the best thing she can do is let a disinterested person handle this situation. When you think you are being stalked, as the police will tell you, do not approach this person. Stalkers are considered dangerous. His intentions may be harmless. But it is better to be safe than sorry.

I apoligize if I am coming across too strong. But my family has been there. And the stalker was only a kid 17 years old who was smitten with my granddaughter.

Addie,

The journal is a great idea!

If it is documented you can show a pattern over time and that lends credibility.

Being stalked is terrifying. The journal was used in his court hearing. The judge read only a week of entries. That was all he needed. And I had a couple of months of entries. You become a prisoner in your own home. He was on the porch roof trying to break into my GD's bedroom window. He wanted to kill her so no one else could have her.

I am shaking just trying to type this. All the horrifying memories come flooding back.

Aunt Bea, it is not my intention to be confontational. But I think the best thing she can do is let a disinterested person handle this situation. When you think you are being stalked, as the police will tell you, do not approach this person. Stalkers are considered dangerous. His intentions may be harmless. But it is better to be safe than sorry.

I apoligize if I am coming across too strong. But my family has been there. And the stalker was only a kid 17 years old who was smitten with my granddaughter.

I am confused.:wacko:

I thought I was agreeing with you and your good suggestion about a journal.

Sorry, to bother you! :ermm:

I am confused.:wacko:

I thought I was agreeing with you and your good suggestion about a journal.

Sorry, to bother you! :ermm:

You were. And I thank you for your support. But your original advice was to talk to Robert if she saw him. That is what I was addressing.

The next time you have a chance encounter with Robert I think you should calmly and quietly explain that you have no interest in having any contact.

That is the sentence I was addressing. Sorry for the confusion. and it is never a bother to chat with members of DC. I always enjoy reading what they have to say. :)

I think I'll just print out the document I made the post from and show it to the lady I mentioned. Thanks.

You'll never know how much good it did me to get that written down. I'll feeling much better.

I don't have the exact dates, but these events are all within the last month, so that should be enough.

I too, don't want to have to confront him. Stalkers can be scary people. But..., if I do get the chance I plan to give him what for:

I don't like people dropping by unannounced. Unless you have an invitation from me, don't come here. I don't know him well enough for him to even know where I live. He must respect my privacy. I'll even tell him I'm feeling stalked and that I will report him to management if necessary.

My neighbor got a couple of pieces of my mind. He'll never do that again! He's all po'd at me but I couldn't care less.

Last edited:
I think I'll just print out the document I made the post from and show it to the lady I mentioned. Thanks.

You'll never know how much good it did me to get that written down. I'll feeling much better.

I don't have the exact dates, but these events are all within the last month, so that should be enough.

I too, don't want to have to confront him. Stalkers can be scary people. But..., if I do get the chance I plan to give him what for:

I don't like people dropping by unannounced. Unless you have an invitation from me, don't come here. I don't know him well enough for him to even know where I live. He must respect my privacy. I'll even tell him I'm feeling stalked and that I will report him to management if necessary.

My neighbor got a couple of pieces of my mind. He'll never do that again! He's all po'd at me but I couldn't care less.

My best advice would be to stay away from Robert. You never know what he will do if you confront him. Men do not handle rejection very well. And some can't handle it at all. My GD had never even dated her stalker. She only knew him as a casual friend. And yet he was planning to kill her.

If after you talk to management and he still continues, then you know you have a bigger problem. If your neighbor told him what you said, you just might have two people po'd at you. But it is the second one I would be concerned with at present. You know your neighbor somewhat, but not Robert. Just be on your guard. And continue to not open your door to him or acknowledge him in any manner. And KEEP A JOURNAL if his behavior continues. Keep us informed. And good luck.

So have all our Fla. members planned on voting?

The residents of the building I live in are very fortunate. Our polling place is right downstairs in our Community Room. We don't have to brave any nasty weather or go outside at all. It has been there for the past three years. And at every election, primary or general, we have had 100% participation from our building. Even those who are wheelchair bound and have to have someone bring them downstairs.

Our elected officials and those who are running for office for the first time, know that the biggest block of voters in this city are elderly and newly sworn in citizens. And they cater to us. We have parties thrown for us to get our vote. And we do vote every election. It is our duty. :)

Aw Zhizara, that really sucks. (((hugs))) The other ladies have given you some good advice. I'll send some good vibes in your direction for a happy resolution.

Thanks for the support Addie, Aunt Bea and TaxLady. It's hopefully, probably nothing, but I'll be prepared anyway. I've been wanting to vent about it, but had been a little rattled. I feel much better now.

Thanks for the support Addie, Aunt Bea and TaxLady. It's hopefully, probably nothing, but I'll be prepared anyway. I've been wanting to vent about it, but had been a little rattled. I feel much better now.

It has to be a relief to know that we think you are right and it's not all in your head. That's most of the stress, trying to figure out of you are imagining things or not. Be careful!

Follow up:

I spoke to the lady in the office just now, and she told me not to worry about it: They will take care of it.

I'm still shaking from having to repeat everything, but I'll be okay once I calm down.

Thanks so very much for the emotional support.

Back
Top Bottom