Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
venting helps me. today i cut out fabric to cover a chair cushion. forgot to allow for the depth of the cushion. really had a tough time getting it on. now will have to make a gusset for the back in order to cover it. i know better, i have made dozens of pillow covers. makes me feel stupid . but there , i feel better. see venting does help.

Confession is good for the soul.:LOL:

Venting does help. But unfortunately, I am one of those folks who doesn't like to share bad things with others. Not good for the soul.

When Son #1 was real small he was demonstrating some behavior problems. I joined a group of mothers who also had sons about his age. Each week we would go around the table. When it came my turn, I would be absent that week. Son #1 takes after me. I deal with frustration with humor. And so does he. His father was from England and a typical European. The children were my job. His was to support us. Very little talking. And he never talked to the kids until they became teens. If I do something really stupid, I may come here to vent. But I mostly just call myself everything but my name. :)

For me, there are a variety of factors that determine whether or not venting is helpful. Sometimes it helps me see the humor in a situation. Other times it helps me figure out that I'm over-reacting to something. It can help me see/hear the frustration so I can better determine the cause and therefore figure out a solution. When people respond, it can provide moral support or help put things into a more appropriate, or even just different perspective. And sometimes it just helps to loosen the pressure valve, especially when my logical brain is telling my emotional brain that something really isn't that big a deal. Generally I use venting as a tool for stress management and self analysis.

It is not acceptable to attempt to look up a lady's skirt as she descends the stairs. Aside from not being acceptable, it is also stupid, if said lady is wearing a tea-length dress and crinoline. You will see nothing. I will see you. And shame you publicly.

It is not acceptable to attempt to look up a lady's skirt as she descends the stairs. Aside from not being acceptable, it is also stupid, if said lady is wearing a tea-length dress and crinoline. You will see nothing. I will see you. And shame you publicly.

Was someone looking up your skirt? :ohmy:

tsk tsk

rozz said:
Yes, until I called him on it by exclaiming "PERVERT, stop looking up my skirt!" and pointing. Pointing is quite effective.

As is screaming "PERVERT".

Gluten Free?

I went shopping for my monthly groceries this morning. Up and down the aisles I went. I hadn't made it to the pasta or bread aisles and all I see are "Gluten Free" labels on so many products. Since when did tomatoes have gluten? Or mayo? Or relish? Cheese? Eggs? Milk? Good Grief Charlie Brown. Give me a break! I am not that stupid. :ohmy:

I went shopping for my monthly groceries this morning. Up and down the aisles I went. I hadn't made it to the pasta or bread aisles and all I see are "Gluten Free" labels on so many products. Since when did tomatoes have gluten? Or mayo? Or relish? Cheese? Eggs? Milk? Good Grief Charlie Brown. Give me a break! I am not that stupid. :ohmy:
Yeah. I have sympathy for people with alergies, but it's funny how an industry can jump on a trend and try and make money off of it. If you watch carefully you will probably notice that something touted as gluten free will somehow be a bit more expensive than any regular food, even though it naturally contains no or little gluten.....

Andy, that's how I felt when I was on a plane and the package of peanuts I was handed exclaimed in bold print, "CONTAINS NUTS!"

Addie said:

Lol. I agree. And then you see hard candy labeled as "A Fat Free Food". Duh. It's boiled sugar water with color and flavoring. Still doesn't make it a health food.

So this weekend my car got pelted with hail, leaving little dents on the trunk lid, roof, and hood. I go out this morning to find the side of my car covered with baked beans....

You can't make this stuff up. Apparently a can of Bush's baked beans went rogue and rolled under the tire of my neighbor's car. As he backed out and ran over it, it exploded, onto my car... :LOL: Of all the things that I imagined washing off my car, baked beans was very low on the list!

Someone is wondering where their can of baked beans went.

So this weekend my car got pelted with hail, leaving little dents on the trunk lid, roof, and hood. I go out this morning to find the side of my car covered with baked beans....

You can't make this stuff up. Apparently a can of Bush's baked beans went rogue and rolled under the tire of my neighbor's car. As he backed out and ran over it, it exploded, onto my car... :LOL: Of all the things that I imagined washing off my car, baked beans was very low on the list!

Someone is wondering where their can of baked beans went.

Aw phooey. The dents are bummer. The baked beans, well I'm just glad you can see the humour. :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom