Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
taxlady said:
Aw phooey. The dents are bummer. The baked beans, well I'm just glad you can see the humour. :LOL:
The dents were a bummer, but not anything that I could have prevented. I'm trying to decide if it is worth spending the money on the deductible to get it fixed, being a white car, it isn't as noticeable. My neighbor has a week old Accord Crosstour that needs to be fixed, the way the fenders curve up as well as the door panels, they got dented too, so almost every body panel will need repair, I guess I got off easy! Maybe that's why he pelted me with baked beans :LOL:

bakechef said:
The dents were a bummer, but not anything that I could have prevented. I'm trying to decide if it is worth spending the money on the deductible to get it fixed, being a white car, it isn't as noticeable. My neighbor has a week old Accord Crosstour that needs to be fixed, the way the fenders curve up as well as the door panels, they got dented too, so almost every body panel will need repair, I guess I got off easy! Maybe that's why he pelted me with baked beans :LOL:

A friend once told me the car dealers he knew would leave the hail dented cars out in the hot sun, and they would undent themselves. Haven't tried it myself.

Probably wouldn't work with the beans :LOL:

So this weekend my car got pelted with hail, leaving little dents on the trunk lid, roof, and hood. I go out this morning to find the side of my car covered with baked beans....

You can't make this stuff up. Apparently a can of Bush's baked beans went rogue and rolled under the tire of my neighbor's car. As he backed out and ran over it, it exploded, onto my car... :LOL: Of all the things that I imagined washing off my car, baked beans was very low on the list!

Someone is wondering where their can of baked beans went.

Shrek says, "Baked beans is even lower on the list than elephant dung..."

That stinks! We have shrubs and trees blooming. Hang in there. Your turn will come.

The worst of it is that we have trees budding and the branches are so laden with snow we are going to lose some. Things are hanging nearly to the ground. I had to push Ken out of the GARAGE this morning.

Sometimes a guy just can't motivate himself to get going in the morning.

LOL! So true Andy!

Here is my back deck after I shovelled my way back from the garage. This was about an hour and a half ago. Since then we've had another inch or snow. Check out my poor tree.

Attachments

• 522047_10150781506182534_638387533_11912636_771296718_n.jpg
    522047_10150781506182534_638387533_11912636_771296718_n.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 136
LOL! So true Andy!

Here is my back deck after I shovelled my way back from the garage. This was about an hour and a half ago. Since then we've had another inch or snow. Check out my poor tree.

So pretty, but don't ya hate when that happens?

We all know that we might get snow like that in April, but we don't have to like it.

Late season storms damage a lot of trees and bushes because they are already blooming. We had a Mother's Day snowstorm years ago that wrecked several trees in my backyard.

I'd be less p!ssed if it were the first April snow. We had a dump on the 1st too. This one is significantly worse though. I just HATE trying to negotiate the streets etc when it is this bad. And the parking lot at work is ridiculous.

Alix said:
I'd be less p!ssed if it were the first April snow. We had a dump on the 1st too. This one is significantly worse though. I just HATE trying to negotiate the streets etc when it is this bad. And the parking lot at work is ridiculous.

No fun Alix. I hope the storm passes quickly and you guys get warmer weather soon. I hope your trees will be ok. On the bright side, if it was warm enough that the trees were blooming maybe that meams pesky bugs were hatching too. If that's the case then the snow should kill them off and maybe you'll have fewer oesky insects this year.

Good point PAG. The trees weren't QUITE blossoming but the leaf buds were visible. It has slowed down now and the trees seem to be shaking the piles off. Saying a prayer that the parking lot at work has been done!

i am really depressed. don't know why. have been for several days. do i just go with it.ignore and hope it will go away. sleep it away, start another project. not a clue what to do, just tired of being gloomy.

i am really depressed. don't know why. have been for several days. do i just go with it.ignore and hope it will go away. sleep it away, start another project. not a clue what to do, just tired of being gloomy.

(((hugs)))

Sometimes I feel that way too.

babetoo said:

Hope you feel better soon, Babe! Great idea to work on some of your projects. I think keeping busy really helps.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom