Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i am really depressed. don't know why. have been for several days. do i just go with it.ignore and hope it will go away. sleep it away, start another project. not a clue what to do, just tired of being gloomy.

I've been there, so many times. I finally had to have medical help, before I ran away from home. I wish there was a magic solution for feeling depressed, if I had it, I would give it to you! Hugs, Babe!

babetoo said:
i am really depressed. don't know why. have been for several days. do i just go with it.ignore and hope it will go away. sleep it away, start another project. not a clue what to do, just tired of being gloomy.

Stay busy, try to enjoy little things. Look for things that make you happy and try keeping a journal of them. It will help you focus on the good in your life. Also take note of any pessimistic thoughts, loneliness, regret. Try to take note of what you were doing and the train of thought that led you to the negative feelings. There may be something triggering them that you don't realize and if you can find it then it can help you figure out how to get past it. It's also possible that it's something biochemical/hormonal and you may just have to wait it out. Make sure you talk to friends and family. It's impotant not to try to hide what you're feeling. That can make you feel isolated and alone which can make the depression worse. And remember that you have friends here that care deeply for you. If it doesn't pass within a week or two, or if it keeps coming back, talk to your doctor.

thanks everyone, today was better. i decided to just take a day and do whatever i felt like. i read quite a bit. did a few easy chores, made pulled pork sandwiches, and had them with some beer. i think i figured out a part of it is the ptsd. i have meds for that. got the paint for wall yesterday and am looking forward to having that done. pretty much just keeping on, keeping on. the ptsd is a sneaky devil. it pops up with out me noticing, and then just knocks me out. it will never go away so will just have to do the best i can.

babetoo said:
thanks everyone, today was better. i decided to just take a day and do whatever i felt like. i read quite a bit. did a few easy chores, made pulled pork sandwiches, and had them with some beer. i think i figured out a part of it is the ptsd. i have meds for that. got the paint for wall yesterday and am looking forward to having that done. pretty much just keeping on, keeping on. the ptsd is a sneaky devil. it pops up with out me noticing, and then just knocks me out. it will never go away so will just have to do the best i can.

So glad you're feeling better, Babe! Yes, PTSD is a nasty thing. At least you have a name for your demon. Hang in there, sweetie!

I'm glad you are feeling better, Babe! Pm me anytime if you just want to chat. I may not have the answers but I am a good listener.

When I know that any comments are going to put some one on the defense, I try to make sure they know that I realize they might not be at fault but they are my only conduit to some one that can fix the problem. Sometimes it helps, but not always. I would have complained about the dirty floor too.

My :censored: new, used car did it again. Twice, on the way home from seeing a new client, it stopped while it was supposed to be going. I am not happy. I'm seriously thinking of exchanging it for a different car. And she's so pretty. :(

Also, I don't need this :censored: during income tax season.

My :censored: new, used car did it again. Twice, on the way home from seeing a new client, it stopped while it was supposed to be going. I am not happy. I'm seriously thinking of exchanging it for a different car. And she's so pretty. :(

Also, I don't need this :censored: during income tax season.

Sounds like you got a lemon. :ohmy:

Now you know why such a pretty car was in the used lot. Too bad no one thought to tell you!
They really should have told me. This is the place I always go to get my Volvos serviced. It's not like going to a used car dealership. These are people I trust. If they start giving me grief, I'm going to say, "Quit acting like a used car salesman." :LOL:

They really should have told me. This is the place I always go to get my Volvos serviced. It's not like going to a used car dealership. These are people I trust. If they start giving me grief, I'm going to say, "Quit acting like a used car salesman." :LOL:

Yes, you go! Don't let them off the hook. It happens too often and folks think they need to just suck it up.

this morning none of my tv sets work. there is a message from comcast informing that they have "enhanced" their network, but i must obtain new digital equipment in order to avail myself of these upgrades. meanwhile, i cannot access even my basic network stations. this sucks so bad. i would get on the phone with comcast right this second except that my mouth is so full of bad words that are so ready to spill out and which i would only later regret. anyone else facing this unannounced cable enhancement? i am so furious right now i may switch companies today or just go black for a few days til i calm down. any helpful suggestions for me out there?

this morning none of my tv sets work. there is a message from comcast informing that they have "enhanced" their network, but i must obtain new digital equipment in order to avail myself of these upgrades. meanwhile, i cannot access even my basic network stations. this sucks so bad. i would get on the phone with comcast right this second except that my mouth is so full of bad words that are so ready to spill out and which i would only later regret. anyone else facing this unannounced cable enhancement? i am so furious right now i may switch companies today or just go black for a few days til i calm down. any helpful suggestions for me out there?
I don't have cable, so I don't know about this (and I'm in Canada). Is it the switch to HDTV?

Sorry to hear your cable is screwed up. There are few things that anger us as much.

When Comcast went all digital in my area, it was preceded by lots of ads and notices telling us our options. Customers here were given two digital converter boxes free so we could continue watching our old style TVs. Of course those sets were limited to standard channels.

Sounds like someone dropped the ball.

thanks for the calm voices, tl and andy. i suppose it could be that i have been routinely throwing out comcast cable announcements as unread junk mail for some time. i've not been aware of any tv ads, however. i suppose i will eventually get the new cable boxes necessary to operate my tv sets--unless i find that i'm not really missing much of anything anyway....

Here, HDTV is an option, which I declined. I can't imagine your upset. If they forced it on me, I'd not only have to pay for the service, the rent on the box, but I'd have to buy a new TV that could use it. Good luck.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom