Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
taxlady said:
I know, I'm weird. I like doing income tax. Well, I like doing other people's income tax. :LOL:

I don't know what possessed me to take H&R Block's income tax course, back in 1984, but I did and was surprised to find out how much I liked it and that I was good at it.

Eh, we're all weird in some way. Lots of people hate working on computers and find it tedious but I love it. And I knew lots of nurse aides that loved their job, even though it's one of the toughest, grossest jobs out their.

Also, I'm glad things worked out with the clients whose papers were peed on.

Eh, we're all weird in some way. Lots of people hate working on computers and find it tedious but I love it. And I knew lots of nurse aides that loved their job, even though it's one of the toughest, grossest jobs out their.

Also, I'm glad things worked out with the clients whose papers were peed on.

And you know at least one nurse aide(if not more) that decided to become a nurse.:rolleyes:

I love what I'm doing now, complete assessments of the total person, writing their care plans and then putting all the check marks in the appropriate places for payment. In essence I am the top nurse in their care, but I only see them once. I do know each and everyone of them.

I know, I'm weird. I like doing income tax. Well, I like doing other people's income tax. :LOL:

I don't know what possessed me to take H&R Block's income tax course, back in 1984, but I did and was surprised to find out how much I liked it and that I was good at it.

In another life I worked on individual tax returns and enjoyed it very much. I was amazed how some people with very good incomes lived in misery and how people with small incomes lived very well. That glimpse into the lives of others helped me to organize my own financial life. Today it is just too complicated for me so I put the papers in an envelope and send them to the tax guy in Joisey! This man has done my taxes for almost twenty years and I have never seen him. :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

In another life I worked on individual tax returns and enjoyed it very much. I was amazed how some people with very good incomes lived in misery and how people with small incomes lived very well. That glimpse into the lives of others helped me to organize my own financial life. Today it is just too complicated for me so I put the papers in an envelope and send them to the tax guy in Joisey! This man has done my taxes for almost twenty years and I have never seen him. :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I don't mind doing my own income tax, but with trying to figure out federal and state rules for dealing with Social Security, I finally gave up. H&R Block will now be doing my taxes from now on. I was fine as long as it was just addition and subtraction...the percentages were making me work too hard.:wacko:

Well gang,
I suppose this should go in happy venting, but what led up to it has me having panic attacks at night!!!Monday when I went to dialysis I met with one of the women who does the needles!!! She proceded to numb me up I'm a chicken:LOL: then called over another nurse before long the head nurse came over told her to leave the lowe needle remove the top one and use my perm cath ARGHHHHHH this ticked me off good. I didn't say anything then when the head said stop again I don't want you to ruin her arm I about went into shock. I was so darn angry I couldnt believe it. What are they going to do when they remove the permcath. Let me die? The men have no problem hooking me up the women what's with them? But today I got wnother woman!!! Well guy's she did a wonderful job. I was so happy. Think I'll sleep tonight? I hope so. Thanks for listening.
kades

I don't mind doing my own income tax, but with trying to figure out federal and state rules for dealing with Social Security, I finally gave up. H&R Block will now be doing my taxes from now on. I was fine as long as it was just addition and subtraction...the percentages were making me work too hard.:wacko:
I was going to have them do mine, because I screw things up so easily, but I didn't want to pay their fee. It's ridiculous!

My neighbor upstairs maried a woman who had three children from her first marriage. They then had three of their own. He went to H&R Block for a number of years. They swore that he could not claim her children even though he was their only support. Hubby #1 paid not a cent. Town drunk. I got so sick of seeing them get screwed. So I showed him te instruction book stating just who he could claim and not claim. He filed papers with IRS to regain all the refund money that he had lost over the years that H&RB did his taxes. H&RB paid a hefty fine and IRS made them pay the money to my neighbor for the lost tax refund.

I worked for the State Tax Department. Our deductions follow the federal deduction laws pretty closely. The State also went after H&RB for the State refund money that my neighbor was out of over the years. That office was eventually closed down. After a close examination, the IRS found a lot of other people who were ill advised.

My neighbor upstairs maried a woman who had three children from her first marriage. They then had three of their own. He went to H&R Block for a number of years. They swore that he could not claim her children even though he was their only support. Hubby #1 paid not a cent. Town drunk. I got so sick of seeing them get screwed. So I showed him te instruction book stating just who he could claim and not claim. He filed papers with IRS to regain all the refund money that he had lost over the years that H&RB did his taxes. H&RB paid a hefty fine and IRS made them pay the money to my neighbor for the lost tax refund.

I worked for the State Tax Department. Our deductions follow the federal deduction laws pretty closely. The State also went after H&RB for the State refund money that my neighbor was out of over the years. That office was eventually closed down. After a close examination, the IRS found a lot of other people who were ill advised.
I worked for H&R Block for eight years. I was a supervisor and I taught the basic course, an advanced course, and the computer course. I also worked in quality assurance one season. That was an eye opener. I had always wondered how some of the people who worked there could make such good commissions. I found out when I saw the tax returns they did. They weren't out and out wrong, but boy did they miss deductions.

That's why I work for myself. I have higher standards. But, with H&R Block you get the luck of the draw. You might get one of the tax preparers who actually like preparing tax returns and does a great job.

Well gang,
I suppose this should go in happy venting, but what led up to it has me having panic attacks at night!!!Monday when I went to dialysis I met with one of the women who does the needles!!! She proceded to numb me up I'm a chicken:LOL: then called over another nurse before long the head nurse came over told her to leave the lowe needle remove the top one and use my perm cath ARGHHHHHH this ticked me off good. I didn't say anything then when the head said stop again I don't want you to ruin her arm I about went into shock. I was so darn angry I couldnt believe it. What are they going to do when they remove the permcath. Let me die? The men have no problem hooking me up the women what's with them? But today I got wnother woman!!! Well guy's she did a wonderful job. I was so happy. Think I'll sleep tonight? I hope so. Thanks for listening.
kades

What are they doing working in Dialysis if they can't get you hooked up?:ohmy:
I've never worked it and I am not interested, but I would absolutely not work a unit I didn't feel comfortable in. So sorry this happened, Ma! Sometimes my fellow nurses embarrass me.

What are they doing working in Dialysis if they can't get you hooked up?:ohmy:
I've never worked it and I am not interested, but I would absolutely not work a unit I didn't feel comfortable in. So sorry this happened, Ma! Sometimes my fellow nurses embarrass me.
Don't be embarrassed, the gal who did my hook up today breezed right throught it. She was a dream. next time i'll ask for Jen. she needs a hug. and some cookies.I'd trust you PF you're dependable.

ma

Don't be embarrassed, the gal who did my hook up today breezed right throught it. She was a dream. next time i'll ask for Jen. she needs a hug. and some cookies.I'd trust you PF you're dependable.

ma

Trust me to sit and hold your hand while they hooked you up...:rolleyes: Tell Jen thanks and a hug from me for taking good care of you!

When I lived in Tacoma, the State of Washington had a pilot program allowing patients to be run at home. They came in and took care of the plumbing and all the other things that were necessry to do this. You did have to have designated room for it.

Margaret and I used to go out some Friday nights. If she had too much to drink, it would stay in her system until her attendant came in on Monday to run her. Since I didn't drink, I decided to look into becoming an attendant. Margaret was run three times a week. I passed the exam and she asked for me to be her attendant. I lived close by and since we were friends, why not. The only problem was she thought that since I lived so close by, it gave her license to misbehave more often. So I would get a call in the middle of the night to come run her. Of her three runs a week, one had to be in the hospital setting. I finally had to report her and stop being her attendant. She was in the hospital for one of her runs, and she took a massive heart attack. Can you imagine how I would have felt if that had happened at home when I was running her?

I only had one experience with H&RB. After years of doing our taxes myself, my husband decided we should go to them. After the agent finished, I told him to include several other deductions that I knew about that he had missed. What a waste of money. We never went back.

Every year I bought the current year's tax guide and read it so that I was always up to date. It's a thick book, but easy to understand, and the cost of the book itself was tax deductible too.

I only had one experience with H&RB. After years of doing our taxes myself, my husband decided we should go to them. After the agent finished, I told him to include several other deductions that I knew about that he had missed. What a waste of money. We never went back.

Every year I bought the current year's tax guide and read it so that I was always up to date. It's a thick book, but easy to understand, and the cost of the book itself was tax deductible too.

If you find that you do need the services of a tax consultant, find a CPA or other professional that takes care of the books for small businesses. The employees of HR&B are only seasonal workers and badly trained. Look for bookkeepng services. They are there all year long. Every day they get updates on IRS changes. My daughter and her husband go to a person that is right near their home. He was recommended by a friend. He has a small office and doesn't even have a sign outside. When they got hit with the medical bils for his cancer treatment that the insurance didn't cover, they added up and got them a much larger refund than they ever dreamed of. My daughter keeps all receipts and once a month she goes through them and marks what they are for. Then she puts them in an envelope and delivers them to her tax man. Come tax time, he already has 90% of the paper work he needs. They have their taxes filed no later than Feb. 15th. Refund by the end of the month. :cool:

I just had the last thing I need right now. Got back from 3 weeks of caring for my parents, getting them back on their feet. Came home to the death of a friend. Already knew we had a wedding to go to.

Last night we were having drinks after supper, sitting on the back porch, and Rosebud had a seizure! She walked up to us and had a spasm that lasted 3 minutes or so. She was terrified. It reminded me of a time my JR terrier ate a box of chocolates. We just held her and crooned and petted her. When it was past, she was very subdued for the rest of the night. My sis (who worked with animals for decades) thought maybe it might be a reaction to the stress of the last month, a one-off. So my first job this morning is to bring her to the vet (who we talked to last night).

I just had the last thing I need right now. Got back from 3 weeks of caring for my parents, getting them back on their feet. Came home to the death of a friend. Already knew we had a wedding to go to.

Last night we were having drinks after supper, sitting on the back porch, and Rosebud had a seizure! She walked up to us and had a spasm that lasted 3 minutes or so. She was terrified. It reminded me of a time my JR terrier ate a box of chocolates. We just held her and crooned and petted her. When it was past, she was very subdued for the rest of the night. My sis (who worked with animals for decades) thought maybe it might be a reaction to the stress of the last month, a one-off. So my first job this morning is to bring her to the vet (who we talked to last night).

Sorry on both counts, Claire! Poor Rosebud, let us know how she is!

If you find that you do need the services of a tax consultant, find a CPA or other professional that takes care of the books for small businesses. The employees of HR&B are only seasonal workers and badly trained. Look for bookkeepng services. They are there all year long. Every day they get updates on IRS changes. My daughter and her husband go to a person that is right near their home. He was recommended by a friend. He has a small office and doesn't even have a sign outside. When they got hit with the medical bils for his cancer treatment that the insurance didn't cover, they added up and got them a much larger refund than they ever dreamed of. My daughter keeps all receipts and once a month she goes through them and marks what they are for. Then she puts them in an envelope and delivers them to her tax man. Come tax time, he already has 90% of the paper work he needs. They have their taxes filed no later than Feb. 15th. Refund by the end of the month. :cool:
My advice is to go to someone recommended by someone you trust.

Addie, do you think you could get your daughter to teach that to my clients?

My advice is to go to someone recommended by someone you trust.

Addie, do you think you could get your daughter to teach that to my clients?

Only for until she retires in five years. It is only common sense. There are folks who swear by H&RB. You need a 2x4 to swipe them across the side of the head to get their attention first. :ermm:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom