Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I contacted Le Crueset Canada a couple of weeks ago to inquire about getting my DO replaced (the interior has pitted). I responded to the last email with the information about how I cared for it (followed manufacturer's instructions for nearly 30 years). I have many other pieces, they are fine. I have not heard anything back, so I have to do the follow up. The first I email I received back indicated I did not need the receipt, even if received as a gift, the lifetime warranty was good. Anyone else had any issues getting a pan replaced?

I just thought I'd update. After playing phone tag for a couple days, I finally spoke to someone from the hospital today. She said they have a meeting next wednesday and they will determine there whether just the nurse in question should be educated or whether they need to do something more widespread. She also assured me that the nurse wouldn't get in any trouble, they would just be sure she knew the proper information so it doesn't happen again. I am very satisfied.

I just thought I'd update. After playing phone tag for a couple days, I finally spoke to someone from the hospital today. She said they have a meeting next wednesday and they will determine there whether just the nurse in question should be educated or whether they need to do something more widespread. She also assured me that the nurse wouldn't get in any trouble, they would just be sure she knew the proper information so it doesn't happen again. I am very satisfied.

Yay, Sprout! Thank you so much! You are a hero for standing up and speaking out!

Sprout said:

Cool. I'm glad that all worked out.

Sprout said:

I'm glad to hear you were concerned about the nurse as well as the patients she could possibly misinform. I often choose not to do surveys or give feedback unless I have something nice to say because I'm so concerned about someone losing their job rather than receiving training. In this case though, I think something needed to be said. Good job!

I'm glad to hear you were concerned about the nurse as well as the patients she could possibly misinform. I often choose not to do surveys or give feedback unless I have something nice to say because I'm so concerned about someone losing their job rather than receiving training. In this case though, I think something needed to be said. Good job!

Survey's...How can they fix it if they don't know it's broke? Employers need that notice so they can make sure their employees are not driving business away or providing misinformation. It's your right as a consumer to be treated nicely, fairly and with respect.

Thanks for the encouragement, ladies.

I may have used up my vet for the week, but I have another one now. :( By Sunday night we were all sick with what the baby had and by the Tuesday the girls had pink-eye. By Wednesday DH and I were doing a lot better and the girls seemed to be as well. By yesterday DH and I both felt fit as a fiddle and the girls seemed mostly better. I still decided to take it easy during the day, but felt ok about not cancelling about the friends who were coming over to dinner. We were all feeling better and the girls had been on antibiotics for their eyes for over 24 hours (btw, ever try to put eye drops in a toddler's eyes?). Everything was going well until halfway through dinner I was hit like a ton of bricks with a headache and sore throat, 2 things that were not part of our previous illness. By an hour later I had a fever. The guests left fairly quickly after I started feeling sick. I was all ready to turn in early and then the toddler stayed awake until 10 and the baby fell asleep 15 minutes before bed time, but then woke at 8 and was wide awake until 11:30. I finally fell asleep some time before midnight. The baby woke 3 times during the night (the usual) and then woke for the day at 7:15. Try as I may, I could not get her back to sleep. I stuck her in the play pen with a couple toys next to my bed and was just drifting off when the toddler woke. I couldn't get her back to sleep in her own bed, but I was feeling a bit desperate so I brought her into bed with me. She was just falling asleep when the baby decided that if big sister was out of bed, she was done with the playpen. Of course once the baby was out, the toddler was wide awake too. I thought kids this age needed 11-12 hours of sleep?! Why are my kids wide awake after 7 1/2 & 9??? On today of all days?? I feel awful and I want to crawl into a hole and hide. Oh yeah, and they're both suddenly coughing again today. I could call DH and ask him to come home early, but he's out of personal days. They restart next week. Perfect timing. To add insult to injury, tonight was supposed to be our date night for our anniversary, which was last night, but DH had to work early this morning so we planned it for tonight. It would have been out fourth date in the past 15 months. I'm irritated.

PrincessFiona60 said:
Survey's...How can they fix it if they don't know it's broke? Employers need that notice so they can make sure their employees are not driving business away or providing misinformation. It's your right as a consumer to be treated nicely, fairly and with respect.

I agree, I just know how my managers are and I'd hate to subject someone who is just having a bad day or something to the kind of treatment we get when we make a mistake. My managers made me cry once when a customer complained that it took too long to get their salads. We didn't have any baby shrimp portioned out so I had to go get it from the back, which I explained to the customer and the managers. Well, they were starving, ready to walk out, wanting a new server, saying that it was the worst experience they've ever had... Because it took an extra couple minutes to get their salads. So anyway, my point is that you don't know what the repercussions will be. I've offered plenty of constructive criticism on surveys, but I usually only complain if I can do it without naming names, unless that specific person obviously needs to be talked to about something, like in the case of the nurse.

Last edited:
(((hugs Sprout))) Bummer!

I'm sending good vibes in your direction and healing ones too.

+1. Sprout, vent your heart out. That is what this thread is for. Sounds like you are having a rough time right now. But in a day or two you will pick up that baby of yours, cuddle her and she will fall asleep on your shoulder. The toddler will come up and ask you for a kiss. Then you will know motherhood is so worth all of it. They have a way of taking their tiny hands and squeezing your heart. That is when all the love in the world comes pouring out and fills your very being. :wub::heart::flowers::flowers: Happy Mother's Day!

Thank you, ladies! I love my girls dearly and didn't want to take my frustration out on them, so I vented here. It really helped!

Thank you, ladies! I love my girls dearly and didn't want to take my frustration out on them, so I vented here. It really helped!

I got to hold a 4 month old yesterday who was screaming her Mother's ear off. A few minutes with me and she was sound asleep. She is so precious. We got her a bottle done and ready for when she woke up and her Mom had a good 30 minutes of peace.

Wish I was closer Sprout, so I could come over and watch the girls for you for a few hours every once in awhile for some you time.

last night my granddaughter left the back door open. both my cats are gone. we searched for three hours last.night had sightings but could not catch. i had hopes of them coming back this am for food and water. so far, no show. and no sightings at all this am. i can't stumble around and look or i will fall and get hurt. i love those cats so much. i have tried to be kind with the granddaughter, she certainly didn't do it on purpose. just not thinking and she has searched her little heart.out. but i want my babies back , we did poster, humane society, and endless searching. i know the little buggers are hiding somewhere. but they need to come on home now.

last night my granddaughter left the back door open. both my cats are gone. we searched for three hours last.night had sightings but could not catch. i had hopes of them coming back this am for food and water. so far, no show. and no sightings at all this am. i can't stumble around and look or i will fall and get hurt. i love those cats so much. i have tried to be kind with the granddaughter, she certainly didn't do it on purpose. just not thinking and she has searched her little heart.out. but i want my babies back , we did poster, humane society, and endless searching. i know the little buggers are hiding somewhere. but they need to come on home now.
Oh no! (((hugs)))

I know what a state I was in when Shreddy got out and I couldn't find him for 24 hours. He was so afraid of outdoors, that he ran when I approached him. I finally found him hiding in the light well for my basement window. I grabbed him and brought him inside. He walked across the floor with his tail in the air and acted like nothing had happened!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you finding them soon.

I got to hold a 4 month old yesterday who was screaming her Mother's ear off. A few minutes with me and she was sound asleep. She is so precious. We got her a bottle done and ready for when she woke up and her Mom had a good 30 minutes of peace.

Wish I was closer Sprout, so I could come over and watch the girls for you for a few hours every once in awhile for some you time.

I've done that as well. Makes you a hero. Sometimes the parent is so tense the child senses it and can't calm down.

I have a new girlfriend. A 9-month old little blue-eyed charmer two doors down who breaks into a big grin and gets excited when she sees me coming. We act silly with each other and both have a ball. I'm a sucker for little kids.

Babe--I posted some additional ideas re: searching in the Rescued Pets thread. A long time ago, one of the first Giants I picked up from the shelter was a very, very scared Great Dane. How was I to know she could jump the fence? We hunted for her for hours, couldn't find her (this was winter), came back home, and lo' and behold, she was standing at the patio door looking in. I guess she just needed to go for a run. Another Great Dane (funny how the Danes were the ones that ran) was adopted out. The adopter went to a dog walking park a week or so later, let the dog off leash and away she ran. Five friends and I hunted for her for 5 hours before she came to my dogs--the ones she had lived with in foster care. Is there another cat/dog that the cats know that might get them to come out of hiding? What about leaving an article of your clothing out for them to sniff and find? My dad's dog went off on a toot when they were hunting partridge one year...my dad left his hunting jacket on the ground next to where the car was parked. He went back very early in the morning and the dog was curled up on my dad's hunting jacket sound asleep.

Last edited:
That's a good idea, CWS! One of their blankets or beds they like out on the porch may do it, Babe! I'm so sorry, they've gone off and hope they come home soon.

I've done that as well. Makes you a hero. Sometimes the parent is so tense the child senses it and can't calm down.

I have a new girlfriend. A 9-month old little blue-eyed charmer two doors down who breaks into a big grin and gets excited when she sees me coming. We act silly with each other and both have a ball. I'm a sucker for little kids.

Little babies Shrek doesn't even know will reach for him out of shopping carts, he has to be careful. Don't know what it is with him and babies, but they love him and always smile, giggle and reach.

I had a 6 month old little boy this morning...he has soft brown eyes and floppy ears. His name is Rambo and he's a dachshund. We had a good time running around outside.:)

Back
Top Bottom