Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So today I was testing some recipes and thought that I would calibrate my oven. I placed the thermometer in the oven and it was reading way too low. Using the keypad I kept bumping up the temp (in calibration mode), and couldn't get it to go over 300 degrees. Well I had banana bread batter ready to go and just popped it in. It baked fine, but came out a bit darker than I would have liked, this oven usually makes everything perfectly golden, so I knew something was up.

I went to Target and got a new thermometer. Well low and behold, the old one wasn't working properly! After adjusting it down again (it was probably fine to begin with), for the next hour it maintained 350 with very little movement. I'm relieved, because I thought there was something wrong with it.

One of these days, I'll learn to leave well enough alone!

I think I need to just stop reading the comments section on anything. People are so hateful, so mean and so judgmental. Emboldened by semi-anonymity, people leave their sense and manners behind and lash out at anyone for anything. Whether the topic is butterflies or personal tragedy, everyone has an opinion and most share it with the rudest words they can conjure up. Sometimes I'm appalled at how mean kids are to each other. Then I read the comments on any article, video, or blog and remember that they learn it from adults. I know Disney had its flaws, but Thumper sure had it right. If you can't say something nice...

I think I need to just stop reading the comments section on anything. People are so hateful, so mean and so judgmental. Emboldened by semi-anonymity, people leave their sense and manners behind and lash out at anyone for anything. Whether the topic is butterflies or personal tragedy, everyone has an opinion and most share it with the rudest words they can conjure up. Sometimes I'm appalled at how mean kids are to each other. Then I read the comments on any article, video, or blog and remember that they learn it from adults. I know Disney had its flaws, but Thumper sure had it right. If you can't say something nice...
I quit reading the comments on articles a while ago for the same reasons as you.

I was glad when Yahoo got rid of it's comments. It was a horrible war and there are some nasty, mean people out there.

I hate loud noises. In general, seems like the older I get noise bothers me more.
I'm at my shop today and every 15 minutes there's a vehicle with sirens blaring.
I need to move outa here to a less populous area. I need peace and quiet, even when I'm working.

Now I am in a foul mood. I just got email with a link to something very suspicious. I got two of these today from cousins. They apologized. The most recent one is from someone I don't know. It's some sort of virus or hack into Hotmail and Yahoo. It sends out this crap to everyone in your address book.

This stupid cow has sent me email before. She sent me a very irate email about the IRS harassing her and why had I lied about mailing her tax returns.

I replied and explained that she had the wrong email address. I only do Quebec and Canadian tax returns. I get so many of these emails that I have a "canned response" explaining all of this. Most people reply and apologize, not this stupid, inconsiderate cow.

Okay, I feel better now. Thanks for "listening".

Now I am in a foul mood. I just got email with a link to something very suspicious. I got two of these today from cousins. They apologized. The most recent one is from someone I don't know. It's some sort of virus or hack into Hotmail and Yahoo. It sends out this crap to everyone in your address book.

This stupid cow has sent me email before. She sent me a very irate email about the IRS harassing her and why had I lied about mailing her tax returns.

I replied and explained that she had the wrong email address. I only do Quebec and Canadian tax returns. I get so many of these emails that I have a "canned response" explaining all of this. Most people reply and apologize, not this stupid, inconsiderate cow.

Okay, I feel better now. Thanks for "listening".
I just had a look at her first email to me. She sent it to someone with my email address with "434" tacked onto it. She CCed me. But, she put her phone number. Mwahaha. I can call her for free from my phone with Google. No, don't worry, I won't call her now.

You can always mark her email as SPAM instead of just deleting, TaxLady. I would definitely do that after receiving emails with dangerous attachments.

You can always mark her email as SPAM instead of just deleting, TaxLady. I would definitely do that after receiving emails with dangerous attachments.
Thank you for the suggestion, but that doesn't really work for me. I have to look through my spam folder several times a day to make sure it isn't catching stuff that isn't spam. I put it in a folder labelled "bad email addy".

It was a link, not an attachment. I use Gmail, so I would have to click the link to have a problem. Gmail also scans all incoming attachments for viruses.

She replied to my email. She apologized and thanked me for letting her know that she was sending out this shite to people in her address book. She also wrote that she deleted me from her address book. I'm not nearly so peeved now.

Okay, TL. I'm glad you got her sorted out. My suggestion was to prevent her from continuing to bother you. I used that to prevent contact from my stalker which worked except for getting friendship requests from him through Facebook.

I hate loud noises. In general, seems like the older I get noise bothers me more.
I'm at my shop today and every 15 minutes there's a vehicle with sirens blaring.
I need to move outa here to a less populous area. I need peace and quiet, even when I'm working.

Can't say that I blame you. One of the benefits of living in elderly housing is the quiet. Everyone except me goes to bed at 9 p.m. :ermm:

I absolutely hate dealing with my local telephone carrier. I put in an order to cancel the line at the farm (my US cell phone works from there). The order was for the line to be disconnected as of Thursday with a message telling the person to call my city #. Well, what do you think the company did? Disconnect my line in the city as of today! I was not very polite to the person I called to fix that.

Stupid doctor we were forced to use when Shrek got to the facility (his was on vacation) is making my life miserable. I just keep reminding myself it's only temporary, but dealing with the Village Idiot is making me crazy.

I'm laying here on the bed very angry at the world right now (the world outside DC that is!). My leg (the one with the replacement) has swollen to about triple its size and I can barely walk on it with my cane. When I go to get up I can not put weight on it (bent) and while it is sore all the time it gets worse at certain angles.

On my left side I am still having the flank pain I was having when I did or did not have kidney stones/kidney infection/bladder infection. It is steady and worse than ever.

My leg doctor told me that the scar tissue may cause problems with the plastic plate again and if I have troubles before my normal visit in August I should come and see him. So I decide to start here, but his normally friendly receptionist is matter of fact and says she can't get me in until mid August and will set the appointment but I need to go to my family doctor and get another referral. I try to say the doctor wanted to see me and she said basically "get in line".

Now my family doctor doesn't want to deal with my side pain because she believes we have tried everything and there aren't any more tests to do.

I am not making these pains up. Quite the opposite. I am tired of pain and illness. I am tired of doctors and tests. I have a chance to get on with my life and the minute I try to stuff happens.

I had to cancel my cake decorating lessons with the youth today (I think they are giving up on me) and going to see some young women I have watched grow up and an older one I have only recently met but have seen blossom get baptized in the ocean tonight. :mad: The thing is if I go ahead and do things I get worse and have to rest even more. But if I don't do anything I get more frustrated.

Thanks for letting me get that out. I am a little better. But still in pain.:(

LP - how long has it been since your surgery? My dad had knee replacement last July, was fine through August (was up & back driving sometimes ), then spiked a fever with swelling in the knee Sept. 6. He had resistant staph. Spent 4 months in hospital /rehab. If you can't get doctor's attention, go to the ER.

I'm laying here on the bed very angry at the world right now (the world outside DC that is!). My leg (the one with the replacement) has swollen to about triple its size and I can barely walk on it with my cane. When I go to get up I can not put weight on it (bent) and while it is sore all the time it gets worse at certain angles.

On my left side I am still having the flank pain I was having when I did or did not have kidney stones/kidney infection/bladder infection. It is steady and worse than ever.

My leg doctor told me that the scar tissue may cause problems with the plastic plate again and if I have troubles before my normal visit in August I should come and see him. So I decide to start here, but his normally friendly receptionist is matter of fact and says she can't get me in until mid August and will set the appointment but I need to go to my family doctor and get another referral. I try to say the doctor wanted to see me and she said basically "get in line".

Now my family doctor doesn't want to deal with my side pain because she believes we have tried everything and there aren't any more tests to do.

I am not making these pains up. Quite the opposite. I am tired of pain and illness. I am tired of doctors and tests. I have a chance to get on with my life and the minute I try to stuff happens.

I had to cancel my cake decorating lessons with the youth today (I think they are giving up on me) and going to see some young women I have watched grow up and an older one I have only recently met but have seen blossom get baptized in the ocean tonight. :mad: The thing is if I go ahead and do things I get worse and have to rest even more. But if I don't do anything I get more frustrated.

Thanks for letting me get that out. I am a little better. But still in pain.:(

Oh, LP - that just stinks. Wish there were more to offer you than sincere wishes for a better day today - but get ready to receive a big bucketful of them. :flowers:

LP--you know that the amount of swelling is not normal. Go to the ER. Do not pass go, go directly to the ER. And, wish there was more that I could do other than send you big hugs!

Thank you everyone. It is nice to go somewhere where there are people willing to listen (and care enough to tell it like it is). I love you all.

I know I need to go to the ER or my doctor tomorrow. But I am so sick of doctors! I am tired of going to the hospital or even the doctor, having a barrage of tests and them saying "there isn't anything wrong". I have been living with this knee for a long time (my original surgery was 4 years ago this August with a second one on the same knee a month later), dating back to a ski accident when I was 15. The side pain I have been dealing with forever as well. But I have also been dealing with stress issues and I am just really tired right now of sitting in an ER for 8 hours to be told go home and take a couple of Tylenol Extra strengths for pain that morphine (which I hate) didn't help. I don't want pain relief I want answers!

Now that tyraide was NOT directed to any of you who gave me that advice. It is just how I am feeling right now. I feel all the love and hugs coming my way from you and it makes me at least want to try to get help.

Oh--LP, here's a little secret: instead of going to one of the ERs in Surrey, make a little drive to a community that has a hospital outside of the Surrey area. That's what we do, we don't go to an ER in Ottawa, no, we go to one in Kemptville or Winchester. Wait times are usually 20-30 minutes, and the doctors aren't rushed.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom