Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am off to have two ultra sounds done today. One on my neck to check the blockage on both sides, and one on my tummy to make sure there is no blockage that has been causing my eating problem.

I HATE ulta sounds. Each one takes at least an hour laying on that most uncomfortable table. And he has to press really hard to get a reading. So when I get home, I will be in a foul mood. So please don't stop by for a visit. I will bite your head off. When I get over my :mad: I will stop by your place.

What sadistic idiot dreams up these tests? :mad::mad: I have no valid reason to cancel today''s appointment. :mad:

Addie, hope the ultrasounds results show what is going on :)

They sound uncomfortable, hopefully all over for you now

Sorry that this will sound petty to some of you but...Michigan has just changed it's law as regards fireworks. With the 4th approaching there is a fireworks tent on every corner. For days now the explosions have been non-stop. I don't have a problem with being patriotic... I served my country. But I am sick of these slobs who think that making as much noise and pollution as they possibly can is somehow patriotic. If you ask me it's just an excuse to infringe on the peace and quiet of one's neighbors. Now I enjoy a professional fireworks show as much as the next "guy". But I can't help but wonder how many kids will get their hands blown off playing with the explosives that their parents purchase to "celebrate."

I can totally understand what you are saying Joe...it sounds like they are just getting out of hand and abusing the rights to being allowed to use fireworks!

Joesfolk, I'm with you. My husband, my father, and I are all veterans and don't get the civilian thing of blowing up crap in their yards. Of course, when you're military, the artillery, the MPs, the firemen, etc, go all out to produced a great fireworks display, often with live military bands, and canon fire (you haven't heard the 1812 overture until you've seen and heard this). So blowing off your fingers and starting fires is ludicrous and certainly not patriotic.

i'm venting as i'm missing the 'works show (a professional show.) another day for that. the stadiums let them flow when we win a game, & the regatta continues through this weekend.

Last edited:
I've gone and done something to my right arm. I don't know what. It started in my wrist at supper. It felt like a repetitive stress injury, like I got from too much stapling. I had to get Stirling to open two jars for me. One of them had already been opened.

It has now spread all the way up to my elbow. It doesn't hurt when I type and I don't use a mouse - I use a touch pad. But, I can't even turn on a faucet with my right hand. If it isn't better by tomorrow, I will go to a nearby clinic. I would rather go see my own doctor, but that's 25 km away. I don't think I can drive and I certainly can't hang on to a pole on the bus and metro.

I've gone and done something to my right arm. I don't know what. It started in my wrist at supper. It felt like a repetitive stress injury, like I got from too much stapling. I had to get Stirling to open two jars for me. One of them had already been opened.

It has now spread all the way up to my elbow. It doesn't hurt when I type and I don't use a mouse - I use a touch pad. But, I can't even turn on a faucet with my right hand. If it isn't better by tomorrow, I will go to a nearby clinic. I would rather go see my own doctor, but that's 25 km away. I don't think I can drive and I certainly can't hang on to a pole on the bus and metro.

I have computer arm from sitting here for a week playing. I'll be resting it once I get back to work tomorrow.

I just got a call from my vascular doctor. The neck arteries are the same. No change. But the two arteries leading from my stomach are severely clogged. So I agreed and she is going to set up for me to go back in and have them opened with stents if necessary. Not the first time I have been through this. But it means another overnight stay in the hospital. Dang!! It never turns out for just overnight. I always have to stay longer for a blood transfusion. Usually two pints.

She knows how restless I get waiting to go to the cath lab. So she always schedules me as the first patient of the day. Oh joy! Another stay with the folks that just love to experment on me. :wacko:

That sounds like no fun at all, Addie, but good luck. Bring lots of entertainment for yourself, but you probably already know that better than anyone. :)

babetoo said:
i hate firecrackers. they sound like gun shots. that triggers my p.s.t.d. not a fun time for me.

+1

I have a friend who had just returned from a tour in Iraq, and someone fired a bottle rocket off over his head with no warning. He threw himself on the ground, and after he realized what it was, he was so angry he tackled the guy, and our other friends had to pull him off. Definitely not an ideal situation. Sort of ruined everyone's night. I don't mind them so much on the 4th, and maybe even the day before/after since not everyone has a chance to celebrate on the 4th, but people take it way too far. It gets SO annoying. Imagine if someone was shooting for target practice in their back yard in the middle of town. That's what it sounds like, and it gets old fast.

I just got a call from my vascular doctor. The neck arteries are the same. No change. But the two arteries leading from my stomach are severely clogged. So I agreed and she is going to set up for me to go back in and have them opened with stents if necessary. Not the first time I have been through this. But it means another overnight stay in the hospital. Dang!! It never turns out for just overnight. I always have to stay longer for a blood transfusion. Usually two pints.

She knows how restless I get waiting to go to the cath lab. So she always schedules me as the first patient of the day. Oh joy! Another stay with the folks that just love to experment on me. :wacko:

I can't behave myself in the cath lab, they give me the joy juice and I go into comedienne mode.

I hope for a short wait and cute orderlies...I know you still look!:rolleyes:

PrincessFiona60 said:
I can't behave myself in the cath lab, they give me the joy juice and I go into comedienne mode.

I hope for a short wait and cute orderlies...I know you still look!:rolleyes:

:LOL: :ROFLMAO:

+1

I have a friend who had just returned from a tour in Iraq, and someone fired a bottle rocket off over his head with no warning. He threw himself on the ground, and after he realized what it was, he was so angry he tackled the guy, and our other friends had to pull him off. Definitely not an ideal situation. Sort of ruined everyone's night. I don't mind them so much on the 4th, and maybe even the day before/after since not everyone has a chance to celebrate on the 4th, but people take it way too far. It gets SO annoying. Imagine if someone was shooting for target practice in their back yard in the middle of town. That's what it sounds like, and it gets old fast.

Yesterday in Pelham NH, they sent seven folks to the hospital. Two babies were badly burnt and air lifted to a hospital in Boston. The stash of firework caught fire and blew up. The explosion was heard more than two miles away. The man who was doing the fireworks is known for the display he puts on every year for the neighborhood. Well now he has something else he will be famous for. A building also caught fire. Fireworks are illegal in Mass. but not NH. Now you know why I am grateful for our laws. Every year there is a state trooper at the border stopping Mass. residents coming back with illegal fireworks bought in NH. :(

Yesterday in Pelham NH, they sent seven folks to the hospital. Two babies were badly burnt and air lifted to a hospital in Boston. The stash of firework caught fire and blew up. The explosion was heard more than two miles away. The man who was doing the fireworks is known for the display he puts on every year for the neighborhood. Well now he has something else he will be famous for. A building also caught fire. Fireworks are illegal in Mass. but not NH. Now you know why I am grateful for our laws. Every year there is a state trooper at the border stopping Mass. residents coming back with illegal fireworks bought in NH. :(
That's really sad.

I grew up in Los Angeles County. Total ban on fireworks for ordinary people. There were great fireworks displays put on by the fire department in all the parks. We didn't miss being able to do our own.

Changing the topic--I get so annoyed with people who leave me a message but don't repeat the phone # twice. I have a digital answering machine--sometimes when people call using cell phone, the person breaks up at some point and all I get is a garbled message. If someone else leaves a message after that one, I can't do *69 to get the last numbered called. Hi name, its garble, garble, garble, can you call me back at garble garble 5555 ext 555? Thanks! When I leave a message using my cell phone, I always repeat the number 2x and I send off an email to confirm that I left a voice message in case the person didn't get it. If a person doesn't call you back, it might be that the message was garbled and the person couldn't get your number. I don't have call display or caller ID, I have just basic phone service as a cost-savings measure.

Changing the topic--I get so annoyed with people who leave me a message but don't repeat the phone # twice. I have a digital answering machine--sometimes when people call using cell phone, the person breaks up at some point and all I get is a garbled message. If someone else leaves a message after that one, I can't do *69 to get the last numbered called. Hi name, its garble, garble, garble, can you call me back at garble garble 5555 ext 555? Thanks! When I leave a message using my cell phone, I always repeat the number 2x and I send off an email to confirm that I left a voice message in case the person didn't get it. If a person doesn't call you back, it might be that the message was garbled and the person couldn't get your number. I don't have call display or caller ID, I have just basic phone service as a cost-savings measure.
In the same vein, I wish people would say the number slowly. Yes, you know your phone number; yes you have said it a thousand times, but please don't race through it.

I have call answer. I can back up the message and play it slower. I hate doing that seven times to get the phone number.

I always slow down to say my phone number and I say it a second time.

+1 to both.

Had to giggle yesterday. Called Verizon, had a horrible connection. Could barely understand the lady. And this was a phone company!

Another call to Charles Schwab made me laugh too. The "on hold" music was pure static! It was awful! I did tell the rep I talked to about it when she asked if there was anything else she could help me with.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom