Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks so much guys! So far, so good! We've been blorp-free for 2 days!

Last edited:
Good Kitties are not supposed to go...

Not truly a vent, but I am howling here, my BFF's best kitty had a tumor and was put down today. Houdini (Hootie)

Attachments

• Hootie 8-7-12.JPG
    Hootie 8-7-12.JPG
    14 KB · Views: 62
  • woffie toy Hootie 8-7-12.JPG
    woffie toy Hootie 8-7-12.JPG
    24.3 KB · Views: 69
Awwww, poor baby. So sorry.

RIP, sweet Hootie.

Last edited:
RIP Hootie I didn't know you but If PF cared about you you must have been special.
ma

PrincessFiona60 said:

Not truly a vent, but I am howling here, my BFF's best kitty had a tumor and was put down today. Houdini (Hootie)

So sorry PF. It's so hard to lose your own or BFF's animals. We love them so much.

I hate when I toss and turn and toss and turn and finally get comfortable ebough to fall asleep only to realize that I have to pee. Sigh. Guess that's what I get for having that big glass of water before bed.

PrincessFiona60 said:

Sorry to hear that :( RIP Hootie

Thanks, everyone. I spent a lot of time with BFF on the phone and e-mail today. They are doing better today, too.

So sorry....it is always so hard to say goodbye. Thankfully, we are able to give that last act of love, hold our pets in our arms, and let them know who loved them best as they leave this world with dignity and in the arms of the person who loved them best. I can't think of a better way to go--I'd like to die in the arms of the person who loved me best. My thoughts are with your friend and you as grieve.

So sorry....it is always so hard to say goodbye. Thankfully, we are able to give that last act of love, hold our pets in our arms, and let them know who loved them best as they leave this world with dignity and in the arms of the person who loved them best. I can't think of a better way to go--I'd like to die in the arms of the person who loved me best. My thoughts are with your friend and you as grieve.

The Boy, BFF's SO, took Hootie in to the vet himself and once the prognosis was arrived at, held Hootie as the vet gave him a shot. Hootie was buried in the backyard, next to his mother and his favorite dog buddy.

Hootie always took to The Boy more than anyone else.

I'm annoyed with myself.

Friday we visited friends in Montreal. I was a bit surprised that I found a parking spot right away. It's usually hard to find a spot in that neighbourhood.

When we went to the car to drive home, there was a parking ticket. Hunh? I had checked the sign. It said No Parking at some time in the morning. I was getting ready to take pix to prove I shouldn't have had a ticket. I moved into the light and read the ticket. It said something about "parcometre" (parking meter). I looked and much to my surprise there was a parking meter there. There hadn't been a parking meter when I parked there a bit less than a month ago. Here in Montreal they don't put the parking meters next to the curb, they put them near the building. So, I should have paid. I even have an ap on my phone to pay for parking. Phooey. $52. I guess I just have to pay it.

I can't wait to move. My neighbor feels the need to be excessively LOUD!
Every day for a week he's been firing up his junker demolition car at all hours of the day and night. He then revs it up, racing it up and down the street. Most times he does it in his backyard. He does it for hours.
Today he started it up at 7:45 am. Scared the crap out of me when he does that! I was asleep. It literally jolted me awake! He's racing it as I post, up and down the street hard braking!

I've gotten used to his LOUD foul verbal fights with the wife but I can't take that damn car! His compressors aren't much fun to listen to either.
I can't even open my windows without smelling the exhaust from that car. It fills my living room up. :mad:

I'm ticked.

I can't wait to move. My neighbor feels the need to be excessively LOUD!
Every day for a week he's been firing up his junker demolition car at all hours of the day and night. He then revs it up, racing it up and down the street. Most times he does it in his backyard. He does it for hours.
Today he started it up at 7:45 am. Scared the crap out of me when he does that! I was asleep. It literally jolted me awake! He's racing it as I post, up and down the street hard braking!

I've gotten used to his LOUD foul verbal fights with the wife but I can't take that damn car! His compressors aren't much fun to listen to either.
I can't even open my windows without smelling the exhaust from that car. It fills my living room up. :mad:

I'm ticked.
(((Hugs))) Bummer. Can't you call the cops for the street racing? Is it legal to make that kind of noise at 07h45 on a Sunday morning?

(((Hugs))) Bummer. Can't you call the cops for the street racing? Is it legal to make that kind of noise at 07h45 on a Sunday morning?

My thoughts exactly...there should be some sort of noise ordinance and safety laws against exhibition of speed and reckless driving.

I have to watch where I step. If the police are called I'd have to wonder about retaliation.

That car can't possibly be street legal. The exhaust fumes coming out if it chokes you. What's ticking me off is his lack of consideration for others peoples rights. I have a right to live in my own home in a peaceful manner. He's intruding into my space now. What about the other neighbors who are sick and would just like some peace. I'm completely aggravated. Why hasn't anyone else said anything yet? It's not the first time it's been 2 years of hell.

Where can I find info on city ordinances?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom