Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hurt my back earlier in the week. It never lasts long, but this time it has me good. Went to see the chiropractor and he said come back Wednesday. He aligned me up good. I can feel the improvement, but my biggest problem is that I am too darned busy to give it time for the damaged or swollen/spasmed to heal. I have two playing engagements this weekend, and sitting at a drum throne for 4 hours a night isn't the greatest thing to be doing. Advil, do your thing....

Rock, would an armless desk chair work for you? I have one with back adjustments and was able to take the arms off it. Just a thought. :)

I am with you on this one!

If I politely answer a question with no thank you, have the good sense to move on!

If they interrogate me as to why I will quickly come down to their level and give them an explanation that they will never forget!

Children under 12 excluded! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I don't drink. Never have. When I am at a function and a person offers to buy me a drink, I give them the polite, " No thank you." If they insist, I ask, "Are you a drug pusher in a loud enough voice that they take off immediately. :angel:

Why is it the weekend days never last as long as the work days? Where did today go?

I thought I was helping hubby today.

The driveway needed to be resealed.

I swept it then blew it off.

We have a very long drive way as well as a turn around.

He was working sooooo hard.

I said to myself .. self .. you can do that too.

So I grabbed a 2nd bucket of sealer and started spreading it around.

I stopped when I heard him say something I really can't repeat here.

I was so into what I was doing and how I was "helping" that I didn't realize I had trapped him in the driveway.

There he stood completely surrounded by fresh, wet, stinky and sticky driveway sealer :(

All is well though, he just walked through my handywork and told me next time I should just sit there and look pretty while he does the work ! :LOL:

I thought I was helping hubby today.

The driveway needed to be resealed.

I swept it then blew it off.

We have a very long drive way as well as a turn around.

He was working sooooo hard.

I said to myself .. self .. you can do that too.

So I grabbed a 2nd bucket of sealer and started spreading it around.

I stopped when I heard him say something I really can't repeat here.

I was so into what I was doing and how I was "helping" that I didn't realize I had trapped him in the driveway.

There he stood completely surrounded by fresh, wet, stinky and sticky driveway sealer :(

All is well though, he just walked through my handywork and told me next time I should just sit there and look pretty while he does the work ! :LOL:

:ROFLMAO: Everytime I try to help my son when he is doing something for me, he just says, "You're helping again!" My clue to go sit down and stay out of his way.

I end up taking a nap every Saturday for 3 or so hours, my time off from work and I feel like I should be up enjoying something!

LOL guess I'm good for something then huh !!

I still can't believe I 'painted' him in like that ... if only he had done something wrong then I would not have felt soooo bad LOL

You do realize that you will never live this down. Everytime the family gets together, this story will be told. :angel:

Now that you have all given me a good laugh, I do have a small vent. I went to my Cade's soccer game to day and one of the boys on his team, went to his knees and was told by my son-in-law the coach to stay put. The ref came over this youngster then came out of the game. I'd seen him grab his tummy just before he went to his knees. When he came over by me he was in distress you could see it on his face. I gave him a blanket to lie on and told my daughter to get him on of the frozen towel strips one of the mom's had brought. We got him down, and I told his gramma not to give him water or food. To just keep him cool and still. When she then aked him if his heart was beating to fast and put her hand over it I about came unglued. He agreed to keep still and boy was I scared. This boy was no more than 11 and why ,why, why do people like his grandad insist he go back and play some more after a scare like that?? I could have popped him a good one the fool. I just don't get it. Is it that important to be able to say see my grandson made one of the goals. Is it really that important??? I don't know the answer maybe gramma's feel different than grandpa's.
kades

Last edited:
LOL guess I'm good for something then huh !!

I still can't believe I 'painted' him in like that ... if only he had done something wrong then I would not have felt soooo bad LOL

You do realize that you will never live this down. Everytime the family gets together, this story will be told. :angel:
Yes it will, so you should tell it first!

Now that you have all given me a good laugh, I do have a small vent. I went to my Cade's soccer game to day and one of the boys on his team, went to his knees and was told by my son-in-law the coach to stay put. The ref came over this youngster then came out of the game. I'd seen him grab his tummy just before he went to his knees. When he came over by me he was in distress you could see it on his face. I gave him a blanket to lie on and told my daughter to get him on of the frozen towel strips one of the mom's had brought. We got him down, and I told his gramma not to give him water or food. To just keep him cool and still. When she then aked him if his heart was beating to fast and put her hand over it I about came unglued. He agreed to keep still and boy was I scared. This boy was no more than 11 and why ,why, why do people like his grandad insist he go back and play some more after a scare like that?? I could have popped him a good one the fool. I just don't get it. Is it that important to be able to say see my grandson made one of the goals. Is it really that important??? I don't know the answer maybe gramma's feel different than grandpa's.
kades
I'm a grandma, and I'm with you!

I started the Venting thread with the intention that it should be quite lighthearted. It has become a place where bigger things are discussed and I think it ought to remain that way. I do, however, find myself reluctant to post some of my petty crabbiness there in the face of others larger tribulations. So I'm starting this thread in order to vent those petty little irritations that aren't big enough for Venting.

My petty vent for today is quite a litany. I'm going to put it in point form.

- Daughter has volleyball tournament at a little town 40 minutes away. I thought Ken was driving, he thought I was driving...no biggie. I got it, but am not showered or sufficiently caffeinated. And the van only has enough gas to get me there and back.
- Address daughter gives me is NOT the correct school. (She didn't get an address from her coach, but rather Googled and used the WRONG school's name)
- Call to teammate gives us new address, go to program GPS and signal is lost. ARGH!
- Look for paper map in car. It covers to the boundary of this little town. ARGHARGH.
- Call husband and have him Google map and direct us.
- After one missed turn, the directions lead us to a boarded up school. WHAAAT? Daughter says, "Oh yeah we came here yesterday too and had to turn around and find the NEW school". Me, "OK, which way did you go?" Daughter, "I dunno." Me, *facepalm*
- Husband frantically trying to Google new address, daughter calling teammates (who are also lost) and trying to get coaches phone number. I drive into town center (swearing) and find an open store to get directions. Hang up on husband as this is using many cell minutes.
- Get directions. Drive right to new school. Its about 100 meters from where I turned around because of the missed turn. ARGHARGHARGH.
- Dump tearful daughter off with teammates and pray that the gas lasts til I get back home.

Petty vent #1. They have a bus, why aren't they using it?
Petty vent #2. If the parents need to drive, why wouldn't you provide either directions or an address?
Petty vent #3. If you took the bus there on Friday, and realized the address was not correct, why wouldn't you make sure your team had the CORRECT address so they could show up the next day?

*sigh*

those "petty" vent occasions can eff up one's entire day just as handily as the major ones sometimes. just reading through your account of your volleyball mom's harrowing trip, alix, had my own stomach in full churl and a heart full of empathy for you....:(

are you planning yet another venting thread any time in the near future, alix, or are we now finally sufficiently covered on the subject? some of us will be stressing about which of the venting threads to choose for our complaints. maybe an intermediate category to be used as a catchall?;):)

are you planning yet another venting thread any time in the near future, alix, or are we now finally sufficiently covered on the subject? some of us will be stressing about which of the venting threads to choose for our complaints. maybe an intermediate category to be used as a catchall?;):)

I don't know who started it or when, but there was a thread called "venting on a happy note" if that helps you Vit! ;)

Back
Top Bottom