Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Medication Lists, folks. It's important for you to have with you, at all times, a list of your medications. There's nothing worse than trying to remember your meds telling the emergency room nurse what you take as you are experiencing a heart attack!!!

I keep an up to date list on the computer and make several copies, when folded in half they are the size of a credit card. I print them out on colored paper so they are easy to spot and keep them in my wallet. Then I can hand folks a copy when they ask and always have a reference.

So true PF. I take 14 different meds daily. Some of them twice. I keep the weekly updated list right beside my bed. Every time I have had to call 911, they ask what meds I am on. I just point to the list. They take it with them to the hospital and give it to them. That list has a lot of information on it. I am so glad Winthrop provides that for me. I also take it with me when I am going to a new doctor. The paper work always asks you to list your meds. I just attached the list to it. Can you imagine my trying to list them with their medical names during a heart attack? Some of my meds are taken daily and some PRN such as the nitro. Some are delivered on a weekly basis and some on a monthly. There is no way I could remember all of this in the time of a heart attack. I can't even remember it when I am fine and just trying to remember to take them on a daily basis. :angel:

My petty vents are:

Some people refuse to use it!

Who wants to read, so&so, your meal looks good.
Thank you.
So &So # 2, your meal looks good.
Thank you.
So&so #3, your meal looks good.
Thank you.
ect...............

People who reply to each post individually as if this is their private forum.

My petty vents are:

Some people refuse to use it!

Who wants to read, so&so, your meal looks good.
Thank you.
So &So # 2, your meal looks good.
Thank you.
So&so #3, your meal looks good.
Thank you.
ect...............

People who reply to each post individually as if this is their private forum.
I'm not sure if the "Thanks" link is the right approach.

But I hear ya. One day I had 32 email notifications about one person posting that kind of message. :wacko:

I don't use the "Thanks" button. I like to say my thanks in public, and do it in my next post.

People love being complimented on their dishes. It makes them feel good.

I don't use the "Thanks" button. I like to say my thanks in public, and do it in my next post.

And when thanked in public, it is something the recipient secretly enjoys. It is nice to get public acclaim for ones accomplishments. :angel:

I use the "thanks" button, but not for a simple "thank you". I do those publicly. I use the button when I have something I want to say that doesn't warrant a whole Private Message, but I don't want the world to see. And I use it quite regularly.

Hey now all, this is about petty vents. We don't all have to agree with the vent, but everyone should get to say what bugs them.

What bugs me one day might be meaningless the next.

I tend to use the Thanks button much the same way LP does. I don't necessarily want to send a full PM, but to just acknowledge the post in some way. Sometimes I'd rather not declare things publicly either.

My own petty little vent for the day is my bird feeder. I just filled it and there is a broken bit on the top where the lid latches on. If I don't latch it EXACTLY right, it falls open dumping birdseed everywhere. Well, I guess I didn't have enough coffee this morning cuz I didn't latch it and the blue jays knocked that sucker flying. BAH!

My other vent is I found out what was munching my tomatoes. A mouse. Bold little bugger was on the wall of the house in plain view of all of us! Well, the traps are now out and I have the noise things out too. Hope that works. I'm sick of finding half eaten tomatoes on the vine!

My other vent is I found out what was munching my tomatoes. A mouse. Bold little bugger was on the wall of the house in plain view of all of us! Well, the traps are now out and I have the noise things out too. Hope that works. I'm sick of finding half eaten tomatoes on the vine!

The little brat should have the courtesy to finish the tomato he started;)

Indeed!

We have a fairly new French door fridge. The other day I lifted the meat/cheese door, and one side of the plastic part holding it on snapped right off. Super Glue did not work. The door is now useless, and is probably irrepairable. Or if it could be fixed, probably ridiculously expensive. Grrrrrr.

The plastic part with a normal size pear:

image-544835236.jpg

Last edited:
My petty vent is that each new doctor I see for one thing wants me to get off a medication prescribed by another doctor and/or put me on something new that reacts. Right now I am off my diuretic because my ENT says that it is part of my throat problem (make saliva thick). My throat is no better and the fluid in me is triggering my pain. I found an herbal one, but it doesn't work as well.

I really don't want to be on ANY of these pills, but I also have to be able to function!:mad:

This falls under the petty category because as soon as either I go back on it or get the herbal working better, I will feel better and forget that I was mad about it! ;)

Last edited:
I have a bird feeder petty vent, too. Yesterday while filling it, I noticed a little beaten-down path leading from the fence, through the grass to where the seed falls onto the ground. Looks like some little varmint is creeping in at night and getting fat on the bird seed. I have my suspicions as to what it is, and I think it's bigger than Robert Burns's 'wee sleekit tim'rous cow'rin beastie.' I moved the feeder to the other side of the yard and hope that works. If not, I must decide whether or not to keep feeding the birds. Rats! if you'll pardon the expression. :mad:

If I could bend over backwards, I would kick myself from here to where ever. I was talking to my girlfriend in Atlanta last night. It seems her ex-husband who is up here for treatment for his cancer is in the hospital and has had surgery. He and his present wife has been staying at the Hope Lodge run by the American Cancer Society. Since he is going to be in there for a while, they want the room for another patient. So she must find a hotel/motel room to stay in. She found one about 20 miles outside of Boston. Way too far. So big mouth here offered to help her find an inexpensive place to stay that is much closer. What have I done. Oh well, I will just have to bite the bullet and do my best. Just know that you are now friends with a total idiot who doesn't know when to keep her mouth shut. :bangin::bangin: :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom