Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
HAHAHAHA! Too late on that score. Our good friends just had a baby in Sept. She found out she was expecting in June. Thought she was in menopause until her clothes started getting tight. Even her dr figured it was menopause and didn't do a pregnancy test. They found out when she went for an ultrasound and the tech said, "Well, you can bring your husband in, there's a baby in there" 6 months pregnant.

HAHAHAHA! Too late on that score. Our good friends just had a baby in Sept. She found out she was expecting in June. Thought she was in menopause until her clothes started getting tight. Even her dr figured it was menopause and didn't do a pregnancy test. They found out when she went for an ultrasound and the tech said, "Well, you can bring your husband in, there's a baby in there" 6 months pregnant.

It would give Shrek a heart attack if I was...he was holding my hand after they removed those parts.:LOL:

Nearly gave her a heart attack. She held her hubby's hand when he got snipped after their LAST kid...15 years ago!

Let that be a lesson for all you ladies. If you don't want any more babies, make sure you deal with things YOURSELF. ;)

Wow, my sister had a tubal pregnancy several years after her husband took care of things. :eek:

I got rid of some body parts. Now I want to get rid of the upper ones. I certainly won't be nursing anymore babies. And they have done their job. Time for them to go so I can buy a blouse without having "gapitis". I keep checking for lumps. So far no luck. :angel:

Addie said:
I got rid of some body parts. Now I want to get rid of the upper ones. I certainly won't be nursing anymore babies. And they have done their job. Time for them to go so I can buy a blouse without having "gapitis". I keep checking for lumps. So far no luck. :angel:

Those lumps are not something to wish for or to make light about.

PrincessFiona60 said:
I agree, finding those lumps is not fun. Picking out a prosthetic is not fun, either.

Indeed.

Hopefully you remain cancer-free, Addie.

I am watching Cook's Country. They are making Gumbo. The liquid calls for 3.75 cups. Why not just make it four cups even? Would it really make that much difference? Sometimes when my son is sitting here and watching ATK or CC, they will mention an odd measurement and we just look at each other :rolleyes:. I like both shows, but sometimes they are just pain silly with their measurments. :rolleyes::angel:

Addie said:
I am watching Cook's Country. They are making Gumbo. The liquid calls for 3.75 cups. Why not just make it four cups even? Would it really make that much difference? Sometimes when my son is sitting here and watching ATK or CC, they will mention an odd measurement and we just look at each other :rolleyes:. I like both shows, but sometimes they are just pain silly with their measurments. :rolleyes::angel:

I guess you could try it with four cups and see how it turns out.

Maybe it's half of a recipe calling for 7.5 cups or even a much larger recipe calling for 15 cups.

Dang, I forgot to attend my 40th High School Reunion last night in nearby Costa Mesa. I was busy doing my tax returns.
Bummer.

I never got any invitations to any of my high school reunions. No one I know lives at the address I had in high school. But, if there is a 50th reunion, I should hear about it because I am Facebook friends with a number of people from my graduating class.

roadfix said:
Dang, I forgot to attend my 40th High School Reunion last night in nearby Costa Mesa. I was busy doing my tax returns.

Oh no!!! Well, maybe they will have a 45th reunion in five years.

We should have a reunion next summer. My class usually has one every five years. It will be 35 years.

Bummer.

I never got any invitations to any of my high school reunions. No one I know lives at the address I had in high school. But, if there is a 50th reunion, I should hear about it because I am Facebook friends with a number of people from my graduating class.

Well, I don't think I missed much judging from the one I attended 10 years ago. I don't care much for them. The herd would have been much thinner this time around, I presumed, considering a graduating class of just under 100 to begin with. Yeah, small class.
I'm still amazed that the reunion committee can still track people down and gather them in one spot. Of course, the internet makes that easy. We all graduated from an Armed Forces run high school overseas and have settled all over the US. But So Cal and Las Vegas seem to be the favorite to conduct the reunions.

Back
Top Bottom