Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yesterday wasn't too bad. I got a lot done. I have a headache today with 2 causes: a student doing his best to find himself in ISS & a 3piece rock band in a very small cafeteria with a decibel level way above safe levels. Standing with your mouth next to someone's ear, you still had to yell for them to barely understand you. I complained to the 2 people in charge but they didn't think it was a problem. I finally went to an administrator & yelled loud enough that he understood me. He had them turn the volume down slightly. He still had to write notes to students to tell them they had detention tomorrow.

I find that when I am in a situation like that, I just move my lips and nothing comes out of my mouth. Either they other person thinks they are going deaf or the music is too loud. A few quizzical looks from me saying "Can't you hear me?" Works every time. The music gets turned down real quick. :angel:

I find that when I am in a situation like that, I just move my lips and nothing comes out of my mouth. Either they other person thinks they are going deaf or the music is too loud. A few quizzical looks from me saying "Can't you hear me?" Works every time. The music gets turned down real quick. :angel:

Hahahahaha!!! You clearly don't work with adolescents. They don't give a rip if they can hear YOU at all.

My petty vent is...its SNOWING.

My petty vent is I couldn't find the regular venting thread! :ermm::LOL:

But really, this fits here - once I get it done it will be out of my mind....at least for another month!

I have to have another fight with my Dad's bank today over yet another matter that was "resolved" a month ago and mucked up as usual. I will be so glad when this is all over. :wacko: It is frustrating in two ways - one that it makes my grieving difficult and two that my Dad was with that bank for around 50 years and he prided himself on keeping his finances in order. I shudder to think how he would feel about how difficult they are making it on my sister and I.

Okay, one more cup of tea and I am ready to call! :angel:

Hahahahaha!!! You clearly don't work with adolescents. They don't give a rip if they can hear YOU at all.

My petty vent is...its SNOWING.

For me that is a major vent!

Right now my petty vent is that my cardio doctor will not approve surgey for my eyes. My BP was 73 over 42. By the time I was ready to leave it was up to 85. He took me off all BP medication. GRRRR! :angel:

LPBeier said:
My petty vent is I couldn't find the regular venting thread! :ermm::LOL:

But really, this fits here - once I get it done it will be out of my mind....at least for another month!

I have to have another fight with my Dad's bank today over yet another matter that was "resolved" a month ago and mucked up as usual. I will be so glad when this is all over. :wacko: It is frustrating in two ways - one that it makes my grieving difficult and two that my Dad was with that bank for around 50 years and he prided himself on keeping his finances in order. I shudder to think how he would feel about how difficult they are making it on my sister and I.

Okay, one more cup of tea and I am ready to call! :angel:

I hope things went better for you this time. It is so sad that you have to go through this. I wish I were closer to enjoy a cup of tea with you. It would be nice if you and your sister could just have a cup of tea and talk about wonderful memories.

Thanks, Chopper that is very sweet. I would love to have a cup of tea with you, too. The woman I have to speak to is off until Monday and I really don't want to start all over again so I am leaving it until then. She is actually very good (Estates department back east) - it is the people in the two branches involved that keep messing it up. I know that it will be all over soon, it is just so hard be strong when I don't feel it.

Blech. Last night we had to the keep the cat inside and away from food so he could get neutered today. He meowed at the top of his lungs all night, jumped in the window, knocked my flowerpots off and shattered them, attacked any leg he could get a hold of. I left for work this morning while my husband kept him in the bathroom, called later and my MIL said that we had a visitor that day and the cat got out before the lady coming to pick him up and take him could get him..... so it's now rescheduled for next Friday :/ :glare:

Blech. Last night we had to the keep the cat inside and away from food so he could get neutered today. He meowed at the top of his lungs all night, jumped in the window, knocked my flowerpots off and shattered them, attacked any leg he could get a hold of. I left for work this morning while my husband kept him in the bathroom, called later and my MIL said that we had a visitor that day and the cat got out before the lady coming to pick him up and take him could get him..... so it's now rescheduled for next Friday :/ :glare:

Next Thursady night, put him in a cat carrier and leave him there until pickup. Feed him early in the afternoon. :angel:

Merlot said:

What a nightmare! Hope it goes better next time.

The last few times I have had a cat neutered, the vet just kept the cat in a cage overnight. Much easier on everyone and much more sure that the cat hasn't found any food to eat.

The last few times I have had a cat neutered, the vet just kept the cat in a cage overnight. Much easier on everyone and much more sure that the cat hasn't found any food to eat.

I'm going to check into that.

I don't know for certain but I have a strong suspicion that my MIL is the one who let him out accidently and is scared of saying so. :LOL: I asked my child and he said "Gran did it." It's ok, she helps me out tremendously in other ways, could have happened to anyone... that cat was on a mission!! :glare:

Next Thursady night, put him in a cat carrier and leave him there until pickup. Feed him early in the afternoon. :angel:

I put a fan on in my room, cranked it up to block out any meowing and didn't hear my alarm going off this morning. :LOL:

Sounds bad Merlot...I cant believe you have to wait even longer now :(

Tomorrow SS will announce the amount of the COLA increase for January. It is expected to be between 1.3 and 1.4 percent. It is based on the price index of July, August and September. Which ticks me off. If there is a huge increase in June, and then prices only partially adjust in July, that is not taken into account. Because of the drought, food prices will now start to go up. October through to the end of the year are not part of the formula. :angel:

Tomorrow SS will announce the amount of the COLA increase for January. It is expected to be between 1.3 and 1.4 percent. It is based on the price index of July, August and September. Which ticks me off. If there is a huge increase in June, and then prices only partially adjust in July, that is not taken into account. Because of the drought, food prices will now start to go up. October through to the end of the year are not part of the formula. :angel:

Isn't it cute how they give a SS increase with one hand and then take part of it away with the other hand when they raise the Medicare cost? :rolleyes:

Not only that, but every time I get a raise, my rent goes up and my food stamps go down, erasing my raise plus some.

Not only that, but every time I get a raise, my rent goes up and my food stamps go down, erasing my raise plus some.

My food stamps went down by $1. My rent went up in August by $7. Now I have to notify food stamps of my rent increase so they will raise it by $10. I don't understand how they do their math, but I still gain a little. Just made a note to self to take care of it tomorrow. :angel:

Do you pay your own Medicare premium? I don't. Medicaid pays for mine. and what MassHealth (Medicaid) doesn't cover, my Elder Service Plan pays for. Yet my premium for Medicare is figured into my food stamps. :angel:

No, I don't pay for any medicare. I refuse to pay $100 (almost) a month when I'm not even under a doctor's care!

Back
Top Bottom