Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No, I don't pay for any medicare. I refuse to pay $100 (almost) a month when I'm not even under a doctor's care!

Wow! I didn't realize that the premiums were that high. I have never paid the premium. It has always been paid for me.

Even when I left a job, I was covered by BC/BS Master coverage. Even full dental. The owner's sister who did the bookkeeping really liked me and hated to see me go. Unbeknownst to me, she continued to pay the premium in full for a number of years until I turned 65. Her brother never knew and still doesn't. I thought it was a bookkeeping error on the part of BC/BS. So I kept my mouth shut figuring they would find out someday.

One of the things that got me really angry was I had a bunch of appointments at Mass.Gen. Hosp. The day I turned 65, my phone kept ringing all day. It was all my appointments being canceled. Even some tests that had been scheduled. Medicare doesn't pay like private insurance.

At one time MGH was rated as the best hospital in the world. When their rating slipped down to #5 in Mass., they almost lost their certification. Now it is rated #1 in the country. I didn't recognize it at all when I went to visit my daughter. There were a couple of new buildings and is now the #1 place for cancer patients. They come from all over the world. The building for cancer patients has all single rooms with facilities for the spouse or parent to sleep and take showers. It is like having a hotel suite. :angel:

No, I don't pay for any medicare. I refuse to pay $100 (almost) a month when I'm not even under a doctor's care!

If I weren't such a chicken, I would not be paying that $99+ monthly Medicare premium. But I'm operating on the possibility that something dire is bound to happen to me sooner or later, and I'd better be insured. So I am even paying for a Medicare Supplement plan. Not cheap, and I feel as though it's probably a belt-and-suspenders situation. I also have to pay a monthly premium for Medicare Part D prescription coverage. My only hope (for spending all this money that I sure could use somewhere else in my budget) is that I'll get really, really sick and think how glad I'll be then to be covered. :( Until I do get sick, I'm feeling like a real patsy. :wacko:

If I weren't such a chicken, I would not be paying that $99+ monthly Medicare premium. But I'm operating on the possibility that something dire is bound to happen to me sooner or later, and I'd better be insured. So I am even paying for a Medicare Supplement plan. Not cheap, and I feel as though it's probably a belt-and-suspenders situation. I also have to pay a monthly premium for Medicare Part D prescription coverage. My only hope (for spending all this money that I sure could use somewhere else in my budget) is that I'll get really, really sick and think how glad I'll be then to be covered. :( Until I do get sick, I'm feeling like a real patsy. :wacko:

A little known fact. If any medical facility accepts even one cent from the federal government, they cannot refuse to treat any patient that walks through their door. That includes grants for research and even Medicare payments for the insured. :angel:

Feeling really sorry for myself, having a proper pitty party lol!
I've had a stomach virus since Sunday morning, can't even keep water down.
I feel like I've run a marathon!

I just got back from an ophthalmologist appointment. Why didn't they tell me I was going to get those pupil dilating drops? It's in the 'burbs. They know that almost all of their patients drive to the appointment.

I went to a nearby bar and had an espresso while waiting for the drops to wear off. Just when I thought it would be safe to drive, the sun came out, which makes it worse. So, I went across the street and had a coffee and a doughnut at Tim Horton's, while I read my book. Then I went for a walk and finally decided that it was safe to drive the less than 3 km to the pharmacy to get my eye drops for glaucoma and then home. I'm still seeing a bit of halo around bright light.

I will have to remember to ask before any other visits to the ophthalmologist. I have some tests and a follow up visit in 2 months.

I am making sure Shrek is covered and his premiums are paid. Last June would have ruined us if he hadn't had his Medicare. Also, I would have had to take time off and lose pay to care for him at home, as it was, he could go to rehab and take some time to get better.

We just had a very mild three second earthquake. We have a fault on the coast out in the Atlantic. Actually it is two plates colliding. I doubt it will even make the news tonight. :angel:

I'm sorry, Snip! No fun! Are you sure it's not your new medicine, the Metformin?

Water is the worst thing you could put in your tummy if you are not feeling well. It just makes you vomit more. Also check to make sure it is not the Metformin that is making you sick. Call your doctor's office. I was on Metform for quite a while. Then every morning when I took my meds, I was doing fine until I swallowed the Metformin. :angel:

The epicenter was in Hollis, Maine. I have two grandchildren that live in Lewiston, Maine. Not far from Hollis, ME. At first look at the link, the UTC baffled me. Then I remembered that all time is based on Greenwich Mean Time in England. Interestinig reading. :angel:
You're right - Maine, not NH. I didn't look at the map carefully. UTC is Coordinated Universal Time. It is based on an atomic clock. GMT is based on mean solar time and since the Earth can have slightly varying speed and tilt, it isn't as scientifically accurate. But, they are pretty much the same thing.

I know that feeling. You take care and try to keep some broth down. You don't want to end up dehydrated and in the hospital. Rest as much as possible and keep some ice chips handy.
kades (ma)

Thank You so much PF, Addie and Kades :) Pretty sure it's not the meds, there is a bug going around. My kids both had it too but it only lasted a day with them, they're both tough as nails lol! I've managed to raise very healthy kids, they hardly ever get sick and when they do it doesn't last longer than a day or 2!

I'm a bit better today, had some coffee an hour ago and so far so good. Going to make a slice of toast with marmite now.

Last edited:
I come in from raking leaves and need a dadgum energy drink to get the top off my dadburn Gatorade bottle.

I bought a crank pencil sharpener and it took me ten minutes to get the dadgum thing out of the dadburn plastic packaging.

I come in from raking leaves and need a dadgum energy drink to get the top off my dadburn Gatorade bottle.

I bought a crank pencil sharpener and it took me ten minutes to get the dadgum thing out of the dadburn plastic packaging.
Ooh, plastic packaging. Some of it is so hard to get stuff out of. And then, after fighting with the plastic, stand with the scissors and a sharp knife and wonder why plastic? Couldn't they just have put it in a small, think, cardboard box? Or even a plastic bag?

You're right - Maine, not NH. I didn't look at the map carefully. UTC is Coordinated Universal Time. It is based on an atomic clock. GMT is based on mean solar time and since the Earth can have slightly varying speed and tilt, it isn't as scientifically accurate. But, they are pretty much the same thing.

Time is relative.

If your microwave is in minutes and you want 2 minutes, that =2.0 . If your microwave measures in seconds and you want 2 minutes, it registers 120. Obviously 2.0 is greater than 120, so you have to be careful how long your timer is really set at.

Time is relative.

If your microwave is in minutes and you want 2 minutes, that =2.0 . If your microwave measures in seconds and you want 2 minutes, it registers 120. Obviously 2.0 is greater than 120, so you have to be careful how long your timer is really set at.

I have a relative that's never on time.

Ooh, plastic packaging. Some of it is so hard to get stuff out of. And then, after fighting with the plastic, stand with the scissors and a sharp knife and wonder why plastic? Couldn't they just have put it in a small, think, cardboard box? Or even a plastic bag?

A few years ago Home Hardware (A Canadian company) advertised these multipurpose scissors and one of their main features was cutting through those plastic pockets that are impossible to get into.....so guess what the scissors were packaged in? :wacko:

A few years ago Home Hardware (A Canadian company) advertised these multipurpose scissors and one of their main features was cutting through those plastic pockets that are impossible to get into.....so guess what the scissors were packaged in? :wacko:

You should have asked for a demonstration before you paid.

Back
Top Bottom