Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When will I learn not to do big grocery shopping? I should limit big shopping to once a month. I pooped myself out again. Too tired to make supper. Did it again today.

I live in the 'burbs, so it's always a trip in the car to buy groceries. Since I am in the car, I want to make it "worth the trip". It was easier when I lived in town and did almost all my grocery shopping on foot. Stores were near by and I could dash out and get stuff for "today". I should just do that with the car. It costs more to order out than it would cost in extra gas for more, shorter trips. :wacko:

When will I learn not to do big grocery shopping? I should limit big shopping to once a month. I pooped myself out again. Too tired to make supper. Did it again today.

I live in the 'burbs, so it's always a trip in the car to buy groceries. Since I am in the car, I want to make it "worth the trip". It was easier when I lived in town and did almost all my grocery shopping on foot. Stores were near by and I could dash out and get stuff for "today". I should just do that with the car. It costs more to order out than it would cost in extra gas for more, shorter trips. :wacko:

With today's gas prices, you have to make a choice. :angel:

With today's gas prices, you have to make a choice. :angel:
Even if I figure the car is getting poor mileage on a short trip (most of my grocery shopping trips are less than 5 km. Even with expensive gas, that's less than $3 for the gas. Brilliant taxlady, I saved a $3 trip and spent $35 for delivery supper.

Even if I figure the car is getting poor mileage on a short trip (most of my grocery shopping trips are less than 5 km. Even with expensive gas, that's less than $3 for the gas. Brilliant taxlady, I saved a $3 trip and spent $35 for delivery supper.

I know I shouldn't but :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I can't help myself. Sounds like something I would do. :angel:

Odette, glad to hear you're better.

My vent, and I know I've complained about it before, is that technlogy has left me behind. I'm 57, and was a trained electronics technician in the U.S. Air Force. For the first decade of my adult life, I was the "go-to" gal in my office. And now I cannot do anything. It frustrates the hades out of me. I think maybe 6 months ago I started looking for a personal music system. Since I was visiting my family, a sister showed me how to use her ipod. I was lost in the first few minutes. So, when I came home, I bought the least expensive thing I could find. The point was to have music to listen to when I walk. But it has to be music I like and that is at the rhythm I need to keep a good pace. So I decided on an MP3.

Even then, I couldn't manage to download music to it.

Got a friend to help, and got the music onto my computer.

Then I couldn't get it to download to the MP3.

Then I got a friend to do THAT, and it was too much, and I couldn't get it to play.

The friend managed to help me delete some of the music so the thing would work.

This is over a month of work just to get some music I can listen to while I walk.

And that is important right now, when I'm using it to help get rid of the limp leftover from my broken hip.

Claire said:
Odette, glad to hear you're better.

My vent, and I know I've complained about it before, is that technlogy has left me behind. I'm 57, and was a trained electronics technician in the U.S. Air Force. For the first decade of my adult life, I was the "go-to" gal in my office. And now I cannot do anything. It frustrates the hades out of me. I think maybe 6 months ago I started looking for a personal music system. Since I was visiting my family, a sister showed me how to use her ipod. I was lost in the first few minutes. So, when I came home, I bought the least expensive thing I could find. The point was to have music to listen to when I walk. But it has to be music I like and that is at the rhythm I need to keep a good pace. So I decided on an MP3.

Even then, I couldn't manage to download music to it.

Got a friend to help, and got the music onto my computer.

Then I couldn't get it to download to the MP3.

Then I got a friend to do THAT, and it was too much, and I couldn't get it to play.

The friend managed to help me delete some of the music so the thing would work.

This is over a month of work just to get some music I can listen to while I walk.

And that is important right now, when I'm using it to help get rid of the limp leftover from my broken hip.

Oh shoot, Claire, how frustrating. Do you have a smart phone? On my iPhone I have music on Pandora, Slacker, iTunes, and iHeart Radio. All work great. Blackberries and Androids have the same access to music. You can pick and choose what music you want to listen to.

I just plug in my earbuds and walk.

Oh shoot, Claire, how frustrating. Do you have a smart phone? On my iPhone I have music on Pandora, Slacker, iTunes, and iHeart Radio. All work great. Blackberries and Androids have the same access to music. You can pick and choose what music you want to listen to.

I just plug in my earbuds and walk.

Oh, I now have this system working, not going to mess with another! Earbuds? I'm a tall and large woman (average weight), and can't quite figure out why have have ears that are too small for ear-buds. But that's OK, I have a good set of regular earphones. I have sets of ear-buds out the ying-yang. I guess I'll just trash them all, because who would buy a set of ear buds that have been in someone else's ears? Can't even give them to Goodwill!

Claire said:
Oh, I now have this system working, not going to mess with another! Earbuds? I'm a tall and large woman (average weight), and can't quite figure out why have have ears that are too small for ear-buds. But that's OK, I have a good set of regular earphones. I have sets of ear-buds out the ying-yang. I guess I'll just trash them all, because who would buy a set of ear buds that have been in someone else's ears? Can't even give them to Goodwill!

I think Verizon has a variety of stick in your ear things, they're the clear ones, and sold in packs of 3 different sizes. I have very small ear canals too, so need the child size.

I think Verizon has a variety of stick in your ear things, they're the clear ones, and sold in packs of 3 different sizes. I have very small ear canals too, so need the child size.

Now that cool weather is here, I like the headphones (think of them as modern ear-muffs!), but next summer I'll look these up. Thanks!

I have the same problem with earbuds. My ears are childsize. And my right ear is blocked by scar tissue. Head phones for me. My son keeps trying to get me to use earbuds. Forget it. They don't fit. No matter how small they are. And I am tired of arguing with him about it. :angel:

Smudge went on a rampage through the house last night...she dumped the powdered cleanser out of the cupboard under the sink, tipped over two trash cans and pulled books off the shelves.

Looks like we may have kitten teriyaki for dinner tonight!

Smudge went on a rampage through the house last night...she dumped the powdered cleanser out of the cupboard under the sink, tipped over two trash cans and pulled books off the shelves.

How old is she? No toilet paper decor?

How old is she? No toilet paper decor?

She's 12...we keep the bathroom closed so they can't get at the toilet paper. That would be a Latté trick, Kleenex, TP and paper towels. If the books had been torn up it would have been a Latté job, but they were just pulled from the shelves.

Smudge is the only one who gets in the cupboards and trash cans, too. Footprints on the stove belong to Latté. It's easy to figure out which one is the cause of trouble.

Vit...she's reading my nursing texts and looking at photo albums.:rolleyes:

PrincessFiona60 said:
She's 12...we keep the bathroom closed so they can't get at the toilet paper. That would be a Latté trick, Kleenex, TP and paper towels. If the books had been torn up it would have been a Latté job, but they were just pulled from the shelves.

Smudge is the only one who gets in the cupboards and trash cans, too. Footprints on the stove belong to Latté. It's easy to figure out which one is the cause of trouble.

Vit...she's reading my nursing texts and looking at photo albums.:rolleyes:

Talented Smudge! When I had cats, they also figured out how to open cupboards and would help themselves to the food. Their reading skills weren't very good though.

Talented Smudge! When I had cats, they also figured out how to open cupboards and would help themselves to the food. Their reading skills weren't very good though.

I had to intentionally derail the drawer I keep the plastic wrap and bags in...:rolleyes: They can't get into the food cupboards. It's time to put the poppers back on the cupboard doors, it kept her out of them for about 6 months.

PrincessFiona60 said:
I had to intentionally derail the drawer I keep the plastic wrap and bags in...:rolleyes: They can't get into the food cupboards. It's time to put the poppers back on the cupboard doors, it kept her out of them for about 6 months.

Poppers that make noise, or ones like those that are used for toddlers to lock the cupboards?

:ROFLMAO: That must have been a sight, maybe she sleep walks :LOL:
On the bright side your floors won't be hard to clean, the soap is already applied for you!

Back
Top Bottom