Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My legs have been hurting all day but I didn't think much of it. A few minutes ago I went to put my PJ's on and noticed they are swollen, almost twice the normal size.
My calves mostly. Wonder what brought this on !?
My legs have been swollen before but never this bad.
You need to put your feet up and rest if this keeps up call you doctor, you might need som lasix to remove fluids I have this at times but dialysis helps get rid of it. Don't just put up with it get some help.
kades (ma)

My legs have been hurting all day but I didn't think much of it. A few minutes ago I went to put my PJ's on and noticed they are swollen, almost twice the normal size.
My calves mostly. Wonder what brought this on !?
My legs have been swollen before but never this bad.
Have you been eating more salt than usual. Sounds like water retention.

You need to put your feet up and rest if this keeps up call you doctor, you might need som lasix to remove fluids I have this at times but dialysis helps get rid of it. Don't just put up with it get some help.
kades (ma)
Putting feet up sounds like good advice. Black tea (like English Breakfast Tea) is a natural diuretic. There are a bunch of foods that are. I'm sure you would find some you have or at least like, if you Googled. Yes, Lasix would work, but if you can avoid medications, then that's better.

there was a time that i could log into dc and i would be good for days--weeks, even. these days (probably due to my sorry, crappy-a___ computer) i have to log in at LEAST 15 times in a single day, that is, if i happen to care enough to even bother. then on top of that, my attempted log-ins often do not 'take' in which case, i end up in a 15 minute enforced "time out" before i can return to dc and try my logins again....so, if you don't hear from me on any given day, it well might be due to my being locked out. :(

Have you been eating more salt than usual. Sounds like water retention.

Putting feet up sounds like good advice. Black tea (like English Breakfast Tea) is a natural diuretic. There are a bunch of foods that are. I'm sure you would find some you have or at least like, if you Googled. Yes, Lasix would work, but if you can avoid medications, then that's better.
tax I'm sorry but I have to disagree with you on the lasix, I don't like taking meds if I don't have to but there are times we MUST!! I do because of the kidney failure. I would ask my doctor before just dismissing a fluid retention med. I know how tea works and would try any of them while I was waiting for an answer from my doctor, just to be on the safe side. Sorry do I sound like a pharmacy tech????:LOL: I don't want to sound rude and I realize your trying to help. Thanks
kades

there was a time that i could log into dc and i would be good for days--weeks, even. these days (probably due to my sorry, crappy-a___ computer) i have to log in at LEAST 15 times in a single day, that is, if i happen to care enough to even bother. then on top of that, my attempted log-ins often do not 'take' in which case, i end up in a 15 minute enforced "time out" before i can return to dc and try my logins again....so, if you don't hear from me on any given day, it well might be due to my being locked out. :(

Do you shut off your computer everytime? Leave it on and reduce the DC page. Just click on the little dash on the most upper right hand side. Then when you want to come back it will pop up again. Just click on it at the bottom of your screen. :angel:

thank you for trying to be helpful with my netbook problem, addie. but i should have warned you about the futility of any such attempts. i didn't understand a thing you said after the first sentence.... :(

Do you shut off your computer everytime? Leave it on and reduce the DC page. Just click on the little dash on the most upper right hand side. Then when you want to come back it will pop up again. Just click on it at the bottom of your screen. :angel:

thank you for trying to be helpful with my netbook problem, addie. but i should have warned you about the futility of any such attempts. i didn't understand a thing you said after the first sentence.... :(

On the far upper right you will see a dash, a little picture of a window (square) and an X. Clcik on the dash. It makes the window go to the bottom of your screen without closing it. When you want to come back to it, just click on the window on the bottom of your screen. Do you have Windows 7, or just Windows XP? :angel:

tax I'm sorry but I have to disagree with you on the lasix, I don't like taking meds if I don't have to but there are times we MUST!! I do because of the kidney failure. I would ask my doctor before just dismissing a fluid retention med. I know how tea works and would try any of them while I was waiting for an answer from my doctor, just to be on the safe side. Sorry do I sound like a pharmacy tech????:LOL: I don't want to sound rude and I realize your trying to help. Thanks
kades
I'm not suggesting that someone shouldn't take a medication that has been prescribed for them. I assumed that Lasix hadn't been prescribed or the person would be taking it.

I'm suggesting that they try other things until they go see their doctor. When the doctor says he/she is going to prescribe something, ask if there are good natural alternatives. If not, then, of course take the medication.

My doctor is very open to natural alternatives, if they work. We always discuss that sort of thing. Sometimes she tells me to do some research on the internet and let her know. :)

On the far upper right you will see a dash, a little picture of a window (square) and an X. Clcik on the dash. It makes the window go to the bottom of your screen without closing it. When you want to come back to it, just click on the window on the bottom of your screen. Do you have Windows 7, or just Windows XP? :angel:

my, my, you are the brave one, aren't you, addie? i have the 'baby' version of windows. my computer turns itself off. eventually. i don't use the x and the dash very often as that tends to bring on a crash-wave situation. i know it shouldn't, but it does--'it's dead, jim'...and there you have it.:)

I'm not suggesting that someone shouldn't take a medication that has been prescribed for them. I assumed that Lasix hadn't been prescribed or the person would be taking it.

I'm suggesting that they try other things until they go see their doctor. When the doctor says he/she is going to prescribe something, ask if there are good natural alternatives. If not, then, of course take the medication.

My doctor is very open to natural alternatives, if they work. We always discuss that sort of thing. Sometimes she tells me to do some research on the internet and let her know. :)
It sounds as if you have one great doctor. That is so wonderful. I'm sick to death of doctors who KNOW IT ALL!!!! You're so lucky I know you weren't suggesting not to take our meds and no she has'nt be prescribed any lasix it was just me suggesting it. She has diabetes like me and I'd hate to see a kidney problem like mine happen.
kades

my, my, you are the brave one, aren't you, addie? i have the 'baby' version of windows. my computer turns itself off. eventually. i don't use the x and the dash very often as that tends to bring on a crash-wave situation. i know it shouldn't, but it does--'it's dead, jim'...and there you have it.:)

Sometimes I have had as many as ten windows open at the same time. I have Windows 7. I also can reduce the size f a window and move it off to the size. Then I open another window and do the same. I was doing a copy and paste and had three windows reduce on my screen going back and forth between all of them.

I learned computers when you had the program on one big five inch floppy and you had a second one to write to. You had to know all the commands for indent, new paragraph, bold, etc. I was in my glory when I took a temp job at a bank. All their employee restaurant information was manually done. Then they got in a Mac computer. I had to transfer all their information to the computer. And I also had to teach the present staff how to use the computer. Including the head honcho. I have learned at least 15 different programs. Medical, legal, food industry, newspaper columns, ad nauseum. The list goes on and on. When I did a job for Key Bank, they had just had a new Windows program installed. I had to teach everyone how to create charts, use the Publishing program, mail merge, print envelopes, etc. My favorite program though is Excel. I did a program for a church. It had over 125 pages in one book. All they had to do was enter the amount of money in each envelope and it all rolled over to the final page for the bookkeepers report at the annual meeting once a year. It took me six months to do that one. :angel:

It sounds as if you have one great doctor. That is so wonderful. I'm sick to death of doctors who KNOW IT ALL!!!! You're so lucky I know you weren't suggesting not to take our meds and no she has'nt be prescribed any lasix it was just me suggesting it. She has diabetes like me and I'd hate to see a kidney problem like mine happen.
kades
Yes, I am very lucky with the doctor I have. She's over 25 km and about six towns away, but I'm keeping her.

Addie, I am very fond of spreadsheets too. Back in 1984, when I had an Atari ST, people would ask what games I played. I would reply, "spreadsheet". :LOL:

I too love my doctor. No matter what my complaint, he will take an hour if necessary to make sure I am happy at the end. He is definitely a patients advocate. :wub::angel:

I am getting quite concerned about the blood thinner that the cardiologist put me on until I can get an angiogram (could be another 2-3 months). I was bruising easily on my legs where the dogs would jump up to be on my lap. But now, if you barely touch me I bruise.

On top of that my fibromyalgia is in full swing and even my clothes hurt so any touch is painful and leaves a bruise. And it has spread all over my body. I am afraid to go to a clinic or ER because they would probably think I was a battered wife, that is how bad it is.

Does anyone know if this is common with blood thinners and if it is anything to worry about? The fibromyalgia is what it is, but I am more concerned about the bruises. :(

I am getting quite concerned about the blood thinner that the cardiologist put me on until I can get an angiogram (could be another 2-3 months). I was bruising easily on my legs where the dogs would jump up to be on my lap. But now, if you barely touch me I bruise.

On top of that my fibromyalgia is in full swing and even my clothes hurt so any touch is painful and leaves a bruise. And it has spread all over my body. I am afraid to go to a clinic or ER because they would probably think I was a battered wife, that is how bad it is.

Does anyone know if this is common with blood thinners and if it is anything to worry about? The fibromyalgia is what it is, but I am more concerned about the bruises. :(

Yes, it's something to be concerned about. Go to the clinic in the morning and tell them you are bruising easily and need a medication adjustment. You should not be bruising with just a touch. Or call your doctor and tell them what is going on. They may just need to do a lab draw and can adjust your medication without an appointment.

Hi LP :) It is a problem but one that can be solved. It happened to me while I was on full strenght blood thinners. My Dr just adjusted my meds.
It's much better now but I still bruise easily. Not nearly as bad though.

I'm so sorry sweetie -- I hate that you are going through this. I agree with PF (would your sisters steer your wrong?), and you should have it checked out. Of course I am praying for you. :flowers:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom