Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks, Everyone.

I feel a little (actually a lot) bad for airing yet another health problem here when so many of you are going through worse. It's just that at night I don't have my TB here to look after me and I am getting so frustrated.

I will try to contact my own doctor's office tomorrow but she usually isn't in on Thursday and I know the clinic will just say to go to the ER and I am not sitting there for 9 hours. I can try the cardiologist's office but he didn't seem to give me much time when I had an appointment.

Thanks, Everyone.

I feel a little (actually a lot) bad for airing yet another health problem here when so many of you are going through worse. It's just that at night I don't have my TB here to look after me and I am getting so frustrated.

I will try to contact my own doctor's office tomorrow but she usually isn't in on Thursday and I know the clinic will just say to go to the ER and I am not sitting there for 9 hours. I can try the cardiologist's office but he didn't seem to give me much time when I had an appointment.

Laurie, don't feel bad! We are your friends and we want to listen and help where we can.
Everyone has problems but it's good to talk and have support.

Odette is right, there is no reason to feel bad.

Sheesh, it is too late to edit and I just saw my stupid typo in my last message. Grrrrr. I'm getting old. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it. :wacko:

Laurie, I am on the lowest dosage possible short of not taking anything. And I still have hematomas. I just tell folks I am the poster child for "Abuse The Elderly." Half the residents in this building have the bruises. My biggest problem with them is when I bang one of them and break the skin. You would think I sliced open an artery. I had one doctor send me to Dermatology to find out if it had anything to do with the psoriasis. They came back with the diagnosis of phlebitis. Huh? Then I had another doctor tell me I was in denial of being abused by my family. I have had them so bad that I had bruises from my elbows down to the top of my hands. Little by little my cardio reduced my blood thinners. Now I only get small bruises. Small than a penny. but when I do break one, it will bleed just like the big ones. And boy do those suckers hurt once the skin is broken.

But if you are concerned, by all means talk to your doctor. As you age, you lose collegen. Not only in your skin, but your arteries and other parts of your body. Because your arteries and veins are now thinner due to the lack of the collegen, it doesn't take much to cause the blood to seep through to just under the skin. Just rubbing your arms when you feel a chill can bring on a bruise. I never did get a satisfactory explanation from my doctors. Yet none of them showed any concern. It was my son who explained it all to me with pictures, none the less. One of the benefits my son had in having me for a mother, when he was studying medicine at Yale, he concentrated on the subjects that ailed me. As my medical proxy, he wanted to be able to discuss about what was in my best interest. And bruises were one of them. :angel:

579323_4795962863703_916133813_n.jpg

I don't WANT to go to school! I want to go back to bed - or at least have the hope of a massage at the end of the day. Neither is happening. I got another new student 30 minutes before school was out yesterday. All I know about him is his first name. Today I have kids until 12:30. Then parent conferences start at 1 and go until 7. Sometime today I'm supposed to get my van out of the shop & return my fancy rental. Don't know that that will happen either.

As a retired corporate finance guy, I grew up on spreadsheets, they were my life. I started with Lotus 1-2-3 and graduated to Excel. I still use them today for everything from managing financial info to tracking medications, comparing recipes.

I think we've got rats, just heard something in the ceiling. That would explain the little black specks on my kitchen floors every morning. Must be rat droppings! I wasn't sure, I'm as blind as a bat. All I have to do to have an affair is remove my glasses lol!

As a retired corporate finance guy, I grew up on spreadsheets, they were my life. I started with Lotus 1-2-3 and graduated to Excel. I still use them today for everything from managing financial info to tracking medications, comparing recipes.

Not quite sure how this becomes a petty vent there Andy. I look at using speadsheets as an extension of my brain. I keep several sheets/ categories that are simply lists as references rather than expecting them to perform any other tasks. Although, a simple grocery list can be alpha- ordered or dated.

As a single guy, it is not worthwhile to run up to Costco frequently. I add to my Costco list until it does. I can also Date when/ how many coffee cans or somesuch I need to buy or plan to have on hand until my next trip. Right now I have 9 items on an Asian market shopping list. My goal is to have 10 things and make an out of way trip in that direction. I suppose adding Bok Choy would do it, but I think that's cheating. :rolleyes:

I read a lot of blogs and many topics. More than I care to book mark as faves. I keep them on a spreadsheet. Excel will go past the www's and alphabetize them. I date these too, per when I last read one. Then I don't have to guess how far back I'm reading and can stop at the last time I looked at one or if it's a decently organized blog, pick up where I left off and read to the present. I can keep separate sub-groups, same page, for specialty blogs, such as BBQ blogs or forums.

I think spreadsheets can be useful for more than number crunching.

The only thing they don't tell me is to Stop Sitting at the computer and get up and vaccuum out the cold air / floor registers. I don't need a reminder that now that its cooler the furnace might run more efficiently if there was less cat hair and dust circulating. :ohmy:

Whiskadoodle, it's because we were talking about spreadsheets earlier in this thread. You know we have a hard time staying on topic.

BTW, do you have a smartphone? A lot of us are using an app called "Our Groceries" for shopping lists. It's very nifty. If you want, I'll find the link.

Thanks, Everyone.

Laurie,
get in there it's just to bad if he has to spend time with you Good Lord girl listen to PF andBarbara. This is not good. get that med adjusted and make sure they do it NOW!!! I bruise too form my aspirin I have to take but not like that and you don't need something to put up with. Listen to those who love you girl and we all do.
ma

I guess I missed reading a page. Reminder to put Clean Glasses on the short list. :ermm:

Thanks for the App offer. I don't have a cell phone. The one that still cracks me up, is when I see guys, mostly, at the store and they are talking and asking should I get the 12 oz or 16 oz size or this brand or that brand. Guess they don't have smart phones yet either. :ROFLMAO:

Thanks again, everyone.

My GP says that my blood thinner is a moderate dose and shouldn't make be bruise this much (in an average person which I am not :wacko::LOL:). It is probably the combination of the blood thinner, aspirin and my FM that is making it worse....and because bruises can hurt a bit, this is flaring my fibromyalgia and making it a vicious circle.

She say SHE will contact the cardiologist and see what he wants done. She said this will be quicker than if I try.

In the meantime, I am to be careful and watch the bruising - look for new ones, etc.

While I am still sore, lethargic and multi-coloured, I am not panicked like I was. Thanks for getting me to have it checked.

Just watch for unusual bleeding from other spots. If it was me, I would stop my aspirin. The blood thinner is already doing it's job. Many times doctors forget to stop aspirin when they order a blood thinner. When you talk to your doctor next run that by her.

Thanks again, everyone.

My GP says that my blood thinner is a moderate dose and shouldn't make be bruise this much (in an average person which I am not :wacko::LOL:). It is probably the combination of the blood thinner, aspirin and my FM that is making it worse....and because bruises can hurt a bit, this is flaring my fibromyalgia and making it a vicious circle.

She say SHE will contact the cardiologist and see what he wants done. She said this will be quicker than if I try.

In the meantime, I am to be careful and watch the bruising - look for new ones, etc.

While I am still sore, lethargic and multi-coloured, I am not panicked like I was. Thanks for getting me to have it checked.
:whistling:whistling Somewhere, over the rainbow...! :whistling:whistling

if you were shorted on a prescription drug, and if that drug was vicoden, would you think it was a deliberate steal, or an honest mistake? then, if you were shorted on another prescription medication in the same exact way, what would be your thinking then? if you knew it was the pharmacist himself/herself that filled both rxes, would that change your perspective? if changing drug stores was not an option, what if anything would you do in order to make sure of a correct count in your future prescriptions?

Cute, Barbara! ;)

So, my GP talked to the cardiologist who said he put me on the aspirin and blood thinner for a reason and I should just suck it up and not worry about the bruising unless I have other bleeding as PF said.

My doctor is fuming! She didn't send me to this guy, the hospital did and while she isn't a cardiologist she said my tests don't seem so bad - that the angiogram is just to be safe and with my other conditions she is worried more about the drugs and the bruising than me having a heart attack. She is going to get me in to see a new cardiologist ASAP. She won't change the medication until she can get the second opinion but if I have other symptoms I am to go off the aspirin first and then contact her office ASAP.

My doctor is really good (she actually phoned me today twice and the cardiologist on her day off because the receptionist thought it was serious enough to contact her). She wants us to photograph the bruising and I need to phone in the morning for an emergency appointment to see her as she is fully booked. They know I will be calling but they have to follow procedure.

This is the second time a doctor has told me to "suck it up". The first one was an orthopedic surgeon who said that no one would touch my knee for 10 years and I would just have to suck it up with the pain and inability to walk. I had the replacement surgery 6 months later by another doctor who when it was done said I couldn't have waited one year let alone 10! :wacko:

let me add a bit more information to the above scenario: you are short 10 vicoden pills and 10 of another drug that same day. the second drug has no apparent street value to your knowledge. how would you handle this situation?

if you were shorted on a prescription drug, and if that drug was vicoden, would you think it was a deliberate steal, or an honest mistake? then, if you were shorted on another prescription medication in the same exact way, what would be your thinking then? if you knew it was the pharmacist himself/herself that filled both rxes, would that change your perspective? if changing drug stores was not an option, what if anything would you do in order to make sure of a correct count in your future prescriptions?

I always assume an honest mistake, unless it becomes frequent. There must be a manager of some type you can speak to about it. Diversion of medications is the easiest way for someone to steal meds. Maybe I would insist on counting them before leaving the store..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom