Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wanted to upload a few recent pics of my kids onto my profile then it hit me, I've never done it myself! Timothy used to move my FB photo's onto DC for me.
I've never missed a friend this much.
I don't cry, why in heck am I crying?!

Wanted to upload a few recent pics of my kids onto my profile then it hit me, I've never done it myself! Timothy used to move my FB photo's onto DC for me.
I've never missed a friend this much.
I don't cry, why in heck am I crying?!

hugs, snippers. best friends are missed most tenderly well....

hugs, snippers. best friends are missed most tenderly well....

Thank you V :) Just feel stupid sometimes for caring so much about a friend that I never met in person. Will always regret that we never met, we would have as soon as either of us could afford a plane ticket. Can't explain it but I guess we all meet someone that we have a spiritual connection with, he was that friend to me.
The only other person I've ever felt like that about was my Gran.
He really was a great friend.
I haven't lost many people I was close to, just my Gran really. My other family members and friends that passed were not a big part of my life and the loss was easier to deal with. Feel like I've lost a family member.

I'll get a grip now, just have moments when I allow myself to think too much.

Ouch! Time to fix that hole...

That's the pathetic part of the story. They each came with a hole to hang them up on. I'm usually aware of where the hole is and consciously position the pot holder to avoid the hole. Just had a senior moment and zapped myself. 450ºF on my left thumb.

As some of you already know I am on a mission to stop smoking. I'm using the patch and it's working great except for one thing. I am having nightmares !! I am now soooo tired and really dreading going to bed anymore. Why can't I have nice dreams ??? :(

As some of you already know I am on a mission to stop smoking. I'm using the patch and it's working great except for one thing. I am having nightmares !! I am now soooo tired and really dreading going to bed anymore. Why can't I have nice dreams ??? :(
Hasn't the doctor or pharmacist suggested not wearing the patch at night, since it is giving you nightmares?

Hasn't the doctor or pharmacist suggested not wearing the patch at night, since it is giving you nightmares?

Yes ... that was the first thing I was told. And believe me I did it LOL The nightmares aren't as bad since then but they are still happening.

I just got off the phone and was told to drop down to the lower level and see if that helps ... maybe the dosage is too much. So that's what I will do beginning tomorrow.

Meanwhile .. I am smoke free and finding it a bit of a relief .. so yayyy on that !!

we're with you, mrslmb, we are behind your smokeless mission!! hopefully, you might be able to leave the patch off at nighttime. but even if this isn't advised, know that you are gaining many years of active and productive life by stopping smoking. right now, it's all over the news: the sooner you quit smoking, the quicker your body will respond, and begin to reverse damages from smoking....you can do it! :)

That is one of the side effects. The Chantix gives you weird dreams. I once dreamt that I gave my baby to a kangaroo to babysit because she had a pouch and could run her errands with the baby if necessary. Another one was I was making beach sand bricks so they could use them in Haiti to build houses and roads. Everyone I know who uses an aide to stop smoking, has some strange dreams. :wacko::angel:

MrsLMB said:
Yes ... that was the first thing I was told. And believe me I did it LOL The nightmares aren't as bad since then but they are still happening.

I just got off the phone and was told to drop down to the lower level and see if that helps ... maybe the dosage is too much. So that's what I will do beginning tomorrow.

Meanwhile .. I am smoke free and finding it a bit of a relief .. so yayyy on that !!

Good for you! Hang in there, MrsLMB! One of these days I need to get there too....

Did a bunch of yardwork yesterday. Today I felt a tiny lump on the side of my neck, a tick! Tracked down the school nurse and she dug it out, the little sucker was deeply embedded, and the site's pretty sore and angry-looking. We dug one out of DH last week, and beagle had one yesterday. Of course, first thing I did was research Lyme Disease. I think I'm OK, the tick wasn't engorged.

That's the pathetic part of the story. They each came with a hole to hang them up on. I'm usually aware of where the hole is and consciously position the pot holder to avoid the hole. Just had a senior moment and zapped myself. 450ºF on my left thumb.

I don't suppose you could cut that hole out...:angel:

Sorry, been burnt before and I know it hurts! Keep it covered!

Good for you! Hang in there, MrsLMB! One of these days I need to get there too....

Did a bunch of yardwork yesterday. Today I felt a tiny lump on the side of my neck, a tick! Tracked down the school nurse and she dug it out, the little sucker was deeply embedded, and the site's pretty sore and angry-looking. We dug one out of DH last week, and beagle had one yesterday. Of course, first thing I did was research Lyme Disease. I think I'm OK, the tick wasn't engorged.

Liquid bandage is made for ticks... if you put it on them they back out on their own because they can't breathe...no digging! Vaseline works, too!

Proud of you! You can do it! We are rooting for your success!

Proud of you! You can do it! We are rooting for your success!

Thanks for all the great support !

I do need it for sure.... hubby is not quitting so I am doing this alone with a smoker around !!

The good part though is that a few years back we stopped smoking in the house or car .. so if we wanted a smoke we went outside. So at least that was already in place.

Actually I am doing better than he is ... I think he is waiting for me to break down or go all maniac or something like that.

Anyway .. I do appreciate the words of support .. it's nice to have all of this help :)

{{{{{{{{{{{{MrsLMB}}}}}}}}}}}}} I quit while living at home with both parents smoking. You can do it.

My Petty Vent is that whenever I see this title in the feed I think it is the "Panty Vent" Thread! :wacko:

Why do parents threaten their young children with strangers??? At the laundromat today, a cute toddler was cranky, obviously tired and ready for a nap. His mother told him to behave or that mean lady, pointing at me, would yell at him and maybe spank him.

GRRRR!!!!

Why do parents threaten their young children with strangers??? At the laundromat today, a cute toddler was cranky, obviously tired and ready for a nap. His mother told him to behave or that mean lady, pointing at me, would yell at him and maybe spank him.

GRRRR!!!!

So, did he behave or did you have to yell at him and spank him. Clever improvisation to add the growl at the end.

With me it was that I was to go to a party at an apartment on Main Street, to watch the Halloween parade on Saturday night. There would be little-to-no parking, and we almost always walk. BUT that was before I broke my hip. But I was game, knowing that there were steps and rails the entire way (it is a very steep downhill climb; look up Galena on the internet and picture me walking down that hill). I've walked down a couple of times since the break, but never this particular set of steps. Well, I got to one point and there were two cars parked over the sidewalk. So, instead of the sidewalk, steps, and rail, I had to walk down the middle of the street (otherwise I'd have had to literally jump off and on the sidewalk). I'll admit I'm paranoid about stepping down hill (how I broke the hip to begin with). Then, when I neared the apartment our friends live in, I had another dozen steps. So many people crowded them to sit and watch the parade, that I couldn't use THAT rail. I don't need it for support, more for balance. Anyway, it made it so that I had to walk step-together-step rather than right-left-right (anyone whose had a walking problem knows what I'm saying). I actually asked people to move away from the rail so I could walk and they very rudely ignored me. I finally said, hey you (one woman who wouldn't move over, afraid that I'd steal her primo spot for the parade), "If I fall, I am going to aim for you!" I was so pissed. Had a lovely evening overall, but several very insensitive people made me absolutely exhausted by the time I arrived at the party.

With me it was that I was to go to a party at an apartment on Main Street, to watch the Halloween parade on Saturday night. There would be little-to-no parking, and we almost always walk. BUT that was before I broke my hip. But I was game, knowing that there were steps and rails the entire way (it is a very steep downhill climb; look up Galena on the internet and picture me walking down that hill). I've walked down a couple of times since the break, but never this particular set of steps. Well, I got to one point and there were two cars parked over the sidewalk. So, instead of the sidewalk, steps, and rail, I had to walk down the middle of the street (otherwise I'd have had to literally jump off and on the sidewalk). I'll admit I'm paranoid about stepping down hill (how I broke the hip to begin with). Then, when I neared the apartment our friends live in, I had another dozen steps. So many people crowded them to sit and watch the parade, that I couldn't use THAT rail. I don't need it for support, more for balance. Anyway, it made it so that I had to walk step-together-step rather than right-left-right (anyone whose had a walking problem knows what I'm saying). I actually asked people to move away from the rail so I could walk and they very rudely ignored me. I finally said, hey you (one woman who wouldn't move over, afraid that I'd steal her primo spot for the parade), "If I fall, I am going to aim for you!" I was so pissed. Had a lovely evening overall, but several very insensitive people made me absolutely exhausted by the time I arrived at the party.

People are so rude...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom