Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
PrincessFiona60 said:
That Grr was for his idiot mother. I really don't like to be made out as mean in a child's eyes.

That was so rude of her! I've also seen where kids are threatened with arrest/ jail when there's a cop around. Traumatizing to the child and unfair to the person used as a threat!

No, I really don't need one any more (yes, I did). If I carried one now I think it would be to smack rude people! I'm trying to get back to normal, and I don't really need a cane any more. If I were to carry one (and, yes, I have one) it would just be for an outward sign for people to get the h#$% out of my way when I ask politely. Usually people in this town are very, very polite and occomodating. But this particular even draws in a lot of people from Chicago who seem to think those of us who live here should just get out of their way.

No, I really don't need one any more (yes, I did). If I carried one now I think it would be to smack rude people! I'm trying to get back to normal, and I don't really need a cane any more. If I were to carry one (and, yes, I have one) it would just be for an outward sign for people to get the h#$% out of my way when I ask politely. Usually people in this town are very, very polite and occomodating. But this particular even draws in a lot of people from Chicago who seem to think those of us who live here should just get out of their way.

Claire, there are times when I don't need my cane, but I have learned to take it with me when I am out, specially if there is a lot of walking and/or crowds involved. Often I just have it hang on my wrist by the strap, but more often I actually walk with it just so a) I have my balance and b) so people know why I am walking slowly across the street, or am needing a seat on transit (which I find difficult to take in the first place).

I have come across rude people whether I have my cane with me or not. But the truth is, whether we have a disability or not and carry a cane or not, people have no business being rude like that. To quote the Princess, GRRR...

I don't know why by I can't seem to get going today. Can't even decide what to make for dinner. Been staring at the freezer for 3 hours lol! Wish I could somehow get myself to love chicken again. Maybe I'll give it another go, most of my best recipes contain chicken.

My petty vent for today is...I cant stand hot weather :LOL:

I have been lucky to be at home in the air conditioning all day, but still hate the hot weather :ermm:

I can't stand hot weather either! Don't like sweating, never gor the point of sunbathing either lol!
I fry my food, don't want to partially cook myself ;P

Claire, there are times when I don't need my cane, but I have learned to take it with me when I am out, specially if there is a lot of walking and/or crowds involved. Often I just have it hang on my wrist by the strap, but more often I actually walk with it just so a) I have my balance and b) so people know why I am walking slowly across the street, or am needing a seat on transit (which I find difficult to take in the first place).

I have come across rude people whether I have my cane with me or not. But the truth is, whether we have a disability or not and carry a cane or not, people have no business being rude like that. To quote the Princess, GRRR...
And if one is feeling snarky enough, one can whack someone with the cane. :devilish:

I have thought about bringing mine with me when I take the bus, but I'm afraid I might lose it. Most people don't think I look my age (62), so they don't stand up for me unless I ask, and not always if I do. I really don't want to stand up on the bus because I have osteoporosis and I don't want to get knocked down or to fall.

Liquid bandage is made for ticks... if you put it on them they back out on their own because they can't breathe...no digging! Vaseline works, too!

When we lived in Tacoma, I was managing some apartments. Some military tenents had gone home to Oregon for a week. My son was down in their apartment when they were unpacking. That night when I went to give him his bath, I saw a tick in his testicles. OMG. I took him to the ER and they kept pouring alcohol over the tick. It backed out and they put it in a spec jar. It was the kind that will give you Rocky Mountain Fever. A killer.

The next day I had Public Health folks at my door from Wash.DC, Wash. State and the city. It seems that there are no ticks in Wash State. How did it get there? It was in the tenants luggage. Jumped on my son's shorts and found a nice warm place. :angel:

And if one is feeling snarky enough, one can whack someone with the cane. :devilish:

I have thought about bringing mine with me when I take the bus, but I'm afraid I might lose it. Most people don't think I look my age (62), so they don't stand up for me unless I ask, and not always if I do. I really don't want to stand up on the bus because I have osteoporosis and I don't want to get knocked down or to fall.

I have to give our transit system some kudos. If an elderly or handicap person gets on the bus, the driver will make someone give up their seat if none is available. Rather than be tossed off the bus, they do it. There are signs on all transit equipment, that the law states certain seats are for the elderly and handicap. They must be surrendered when asked or the need is there. It is the young folks that seem to be oblivious to the situation. Or they can't read. :angel:

Dang it! My sweet daughter got a great bargain on a pair of shorts I'd like to take on our cruise but they look like they've been painted on me when I put them on. NOT attractive. I either have to lose a few pounds (likely a good idea anyway) or leave the shorts behind. Phooey.

Dang it! My sweet daughter got a great bargain on a pair of shorts I'd like to take on our cruise but they look like they've been painted on me when I put them on. NOT attractive. I either have to lose a few pounds (likely a good idea anyway) or leave the shorts behind. Phooey.

If your daughter is going to continue buying clothes you'd like to wear, you should fatten her up a bit so you can 'borrow' her stuff.

If your daughter is going to continue buying clothes you'd like to wear, you should fatten her up a bit so you can 'borrow' her stuff.

It would take a LOT of fattening. She wears a 2 or a 4 and I wear a 14. Ah the joys of youth! I should have mentioned she bought the shorts FOR me. Stupid me eating all that yummy food and making my butt fat. Sheesh.

Did the store have a deal on your size too? ;)

I have to give our transit system some kudos. If an elderly or handicap person gets on the bus, the driver will make someone give up their seat if none is available. Rather than be tossed off the bus, they do it. There are signs on all transit equipment, that the law states certain seats are for the elderly and handicap. They must be surrendered when asked or the need is there. It is the young folks that seem to be oblivious to the situation. Or they can't read. :angel:
We have all those signs all over as well, but I find that unless I have my cane, no one will offer a seat. I don't look 54 and I don't think even if I did they would give me a seat. Once I forgot my cane and showed this guy who was in a designated seat my Handypass and he said he could have one of those made up too and went back to texting on his phone. I did get a seat, but not one comfortable for my leg. This was on the rapid transit train where there are no drivers and rarely any staff at all.

We have all those signs all over as well, but I find that unless I have my cane, no one will offer a seat. I don't look 54 and I don't think even if I did they would give me a seat. Once I forgot my cane and showed this guy who was in a designated seat my Handypass and he said he could have one of those made up too and went back to texting on his phone. I did get a seat, but not one comfortable for my leg. This was on the rapid transit train where there are no drivers and rarely any staff at all.

We have cameras on all our equipment. And there is someone in Central Control watching the monitors. They can and do call the driver or conductor of the bus or train and let them know immediately that there is a problem. Also the transit police are everywhere. So they respond really fast to a problem. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom