Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Our weather here is almost identical to yours. Friend of mine that lives in Sydney says it feels just like here. She forgets sometimes she's not home until someone speaks and the accent reminds her :LOL:

It is just amazing, the similarities of the 2 places

It is just amazing, the similarities of the 2 places

I wonder what all influenced those similarities sometimes? Both countries were under British rule, both have many English, Irish, French etc immigrants. Must be all the outside cutural influences?!
Well I'm half Irish, bit of a pavement special really :LOL:

This may turn into a major vent. Its been a stupid week! Monday night, received a NASTY steam burn on my hand. BAD one. Treated it with cold water, aloe and let it be. Blistered up nicely. I left it alone, although the temptation nearly got me.

Yesterday, horrible migraine (weather related likely) and went home from work. Slept all day, felt better. Went to hug DH when he got home and ripped off the ginormous blister! GROSS! Polysporin but no bandage big enough in the house. LOTS of polysporin. Went to work, found BIG bandage and more polysporin.

Later today, hand aching...some swelling but no redness or heat. Went to doc for meds. He wrapped the crap out of my hand. I could have been a mummy! LOL. Taking antibiotics now, but took off giant bandage and put a big stick on bandaid on it.

Whine! Whimper! My arm hurts! Stupid infection. If this gets worse and messes up my trip I'm going to be über ticked off.

Alix said:
This may turn into a major vent. Its been a stupid week! Monday night, received a NASTY steam burn on my hand. BAD one. Treated it with cold water, aloe and let it be. Blistered up nicely. I left it alone, although the temptation nearly got me.

Yesterday, horrible migraine (weather related likely) and went home from work. Slept all day, felt better. Went to hug DH when he got home and ripped off the ginormous blister! GROSS! Polysporin but no bandage big enough in the house. LOTS of polysporin. Went to work, found BIG bandage and more polysporin.

Later today, hand aching...some swelling but no redness or heat. Went to doc for meds. He wrapped the crap out of my hand. I could have been a mummy! LOL. Taking antibiotics now, but took off giant bandage and put a big stick on bandaid on it.

Whine! Whimper! My arm hurts! Stupid infection. If this gets worse and messes up my trip I'm going to be über ticked off.

Oh dear, Alix! No advice here, other than keep it wrapped on the plane and buy stock in polysporin!

Thanks guys. Its been a poopy week. I'm going to go hang out with some girls and drink gin and tonic. Alcohol kills germs right? :rolleyes:

Thanks guys. Its been a poopy week. I'm going to go hang out with some girls and drink gin and tonic. Alcohol kills germs right? :rolleyes:

Yes, it does! I may get some of that for myself. Since it's Friday, of course I'm starting to feel congested and have a sore throat. Yea weekend!:ermm:

I just added poopy to the dictionary on my laptop...it kept saying it was misspelled. :ROFLMAO:

Hahahaha! You guys always make me feel better! Don't forget the garlic PF. I had garlicky hummus for dinner. Garlic and alcohol will kill anything!

I had guacamole and chips for dinner...it was plenty garlicky...keeps the vampires away!

Yum...I think I will roast some garlic and make a soup out of it. That should help me enjoy the weekend and keep Shrek and the cats away.

Last edited:
Things are heating up at school! Two more students (one non-reader/can't count to 10/runner). Technology that doesn't work all week when I really need it. The topper is that the heat in the building was turned on. My room is right over the boiler room. I've had 3 days of 85 degree temperature in my room WITH 3 large windows wide open & 45-60 degree temps outside and a fan running. I'm told to expect the temp to stay that way all winter. So when I'm at my desk I've got a cold draft at my back but hot 2 feet away. My chapstick in my purse on the floor melted into a soft goo. I went home each night with dried out eyes, a headache, chapped lips and needing my inhaler. Don't know if I'm going to be able to tolerate the heat. Only good thing this week is my supervisor is trying to get me another full time paraprofessional because of my new boy who runs added to the rest of my mix.

Oh, no, Cindercat. Sure seems like SpEd staff are treated like second class citizens at times, doesn't it?

Hope you are feeling better soon Alix, especially before your trip

Take care of that hand Alix. How are you going to type to keep in touch with us.

I too had a horrible day yesterday. I went shopping at 7 a.m.. Got a big food order. Got all the food put away, thanks to my son, and then headed for the kitchen. Had baking to do for the Church Fair which was today. I got four mini pumpkin breads made. got hit with a horrendous migraine headache also. continued to work, that was a mistake. Took the out of the oven and went to lay down. When I got up, I discovered I had forgotten to put in the four eggs. I took them out of the disposable pans and started over. Was I going to have enough ingredients to finish all I wanted to do? I tossed out the four yucky ones, washed out the disposable pans and started over again. By this time I had lost about five hours. Well I managed to get all the pumpkin breads made. Eight for the church and two large ones for my daughter. I was exhausted. I got to bed after midnight. I haven't put in a day like that in years. So of course I overslept this morning. I jumped up, got dressed, wrapped the mini loaves and headed out the door. I NEED A CUP OF COFFEE!! I need a shower.

Of course I got held up at the church. How can you say, "Sorry I have to run" when every one there wants to thank you for your donation. Every one has a hug for you. "Oh dear Lord, please let me get out of here. I am downstairs from the Sancuary. Can you hear me?"

I have an appointment with my daughter at 11 a.m. to go get my hair cut. I am taking a break right now. Headed for the shower and out of here once again. Everey one have a great day. The next time you hear from me I will have a bald head. I am gettiing a Pixie cut. Off! I want it all Off!. :angel:

Washed one too many dishes this weekend. My psoriasis is acting up, my hands are itchy and burning. This is no fun and I'm all out of gloves!

I am with you on that one Snip. With all the stress I have been under, I have had a major outbreak. I was in remission, and the day I got the news about my daughter, my body reacted. Fortunately I am able to use Taclonex. It cost $503 a tube. My medical plan pays for it. I get two tubes a month. :angel:

I am with you on that one Snip. With all the stress I have been under, I have had a major outbreak. I was in remission, and the day I got the news about my daughter, my body reacted. Fortunately I am able to use Taclonex. It cost $503 a tube. My medical plan pays for it. I get two tubes a month. :angel:

Psoriasis is an expensive hobby :LOL: can't afford the meds for it. My hands are the worst at the moment. Bleeding in the cracks. Stress seems to be my biggest trigger but working with bleach and strong chemicals doesn't help :rolleyes: Just wish people would stop asking me if it's contageous! As you will know, it's not :glare: I'll get gloves again but they're out of stock. Latex gloves give me itchy blisters, I'll wait till they have my trusty yellow cotton lined variety
Gosh I am a mess :angel:

Back
Top Bottom