Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It took at least 2-3 hours for the noise to stop. Then they set off the alarms for the whole building, and let that blast for 15 more minutes! It was torture!

My alarm uses a light and receptor that will go off if the connection is broken, so no way to cover it up. They set it off by a short spray from an aerosol.

Amazingly, I managed to make the lasagna and it turned out excellent.

I was so rattled that I kept working, and now the kitchen is clean, everything put away, and the floor done too! I've been on such a roll that I've started another turkey neck stew! LOL

Guess I've got a lot of adrenaline to burn off.

The next time you have a lot of work to do, send a note to management asking them to set the alarms off. It seems you have found a new way to get things done. :angel:

:ohmy::ROFLMAO:! Thanks anyway, I'd rather find a way to spend the day somewhere else. Unfortunately, the notice they gave us said they would be doing this Tuesday through Thursday.

I'm just glad it's over for another year. I probably would have done all that cooking and cleaning anyway, but with all that adrenaline, and alarms blaring, I got it done in record time.

I'm debating making some fudge that I got the ingredients for today... Nah, I'll do that tommorrow.

I don't know why I've been in such a cooking mode lately. I'm still managing to find room in the freezer and fridge.

Maybe I'll finally try to see how long I can go without having to shop.

I've had that idea in mind for awhile, but never actually tried it.

The president phoned the bank and had the password reset. I phoned the bank and signed us up for online statements. The statements go back 7 years and I downloaded all the missing ones. I downloaded the transactions from August, September, October, and the few in November.

Great! I hope you get things cleared up and nice for everyone! Already know you will do a good job!

I'm recuperating from the marathon bookkeeping session. I took a three hour nap. I still feel like a wet dish rag, but at least my brain is working again.

I have emailed PDFs of all the reports to the other members of the executive. When they have had a look, they will go to our auditor. That's not for a formal audit. It's just for club purposes. Our auditor is a club member who has stepped up to the plate at the last minute. I think he has an accounting background.

Yeah, I will probably wind up being the treasurer next year.

And thanks everyone for all the encouragement. It helped me get through this mess to know that you guys were rooting for me.

Been going to the same vet for years.. we tell them we need tails docked and dew claws removed.. and they tell us they dont do inhumane procedures... So we had to scramble to find a vet that we like and trust .. got one .. but man what a pain..

Been going to the same vet for years.. we tell them we need tails docked and dew claws removed.. and they tell us they dont do inhumane procedures... So we had to scramble to find a vet that we like and trust .. got one .. but man what a pain..
I'm curious, why do you feel that you need tails docked? I assume you are talking about dogs.

My neighbour came over today to have copies made of some paperwork she has from the city. It is a letter to the condo association, dated 31 July 2009. It tells them that there is a broken water main on condo property and that they should get it fixed ASAP. The other paper is the results of their inspection on 22 June 2009.

The condo association told my neighbour that we can't afford to fix it. It has now gotten worse. I listened to the noise from outside her basement door and it was really loud. She says she can't sleep for the noise.

I can't believe they are being so stupidly stubborn. When something needs to get fixed, we have to fix it. If we don't have the money, then we have to assess a special fee to be collected from all the condo owners, assuming we don't have the money in our contingency fund. We better danged well have the money in our contingency fund. We have had battles about that in the past. We decided that we have to have a contingency fund. When all the roofs needed to be repaired, we paid a lot of extra money in contingency fund assessment for a couple of years. We didn't ever want to have that happen again.

The city will be sending the condo association a registered letter giving them a deadline to start work on the repair. There will be a daily fine if they don't start the work by the deadline. They danged well better start the work on time. I don't want my condo fees going towards paying fines.

TL, I don't know the structure of your condo association, but where I live, owners can vote out any Board members and vote in new people. Also, you association finances should be available to all owners on request.

I must be really crabby today. I just posted something in "Venting" and now I'm posting here. Maybe I just miss Stirling. He should be coming home Wednesday.

Anyhoo, they are making my street one way, southbound. I live right near the southern corner. The entrance to our garage is about 50 feet from the corner. Now when I drive home, I will have to drive to the far end of the block, which is a half a kilometre long, to drive southward. If I am coming from the southwest, it will be a detour of 1.3 km! Grumble, grumble, phooey.

It gets better. If I am driving home between 15h30 and 18h30, the rightmost lane on the main street is a bus/taxi/carpool lane. So, I will have to move to the centre lane for less than one block and hope that I can make the lane change into the right lane in the very short distance near the corner where that is allowed, to make a right turn. Grumble, grumble, phooey.

TL, I realize that Canada's laws are different from ours. But here in the section of Boston where I live. we have one way streets galore. Most residents that find themselves one house up from the corner will still go the wrong way IF traffice allows. Or they will just backup IF traffice allows. The police know this and ignore it. In the years I have been living here, I have never seen an accident when the residents do this. The block my daughter lives on has one side of her block two houses longer on the opposite side from her. And it is a one way street. You get to see some interesting driving.

Do you think you can get away with doing either one? I sure hope so. It will go easier on your gas tank and nerves.

And hang in there. Stirling will be back before you know it. Just give him a big hug and lots of good food. :angel:

TL, I don't know the structure of your condo association, but where I live, owners can vote out any Board members and vote in new people. Also, you association finances should be available to all owners on request.
Yup, we can vote them out at the AGM in June. I can certainly get another copy of the finances as of the last AGM. I might be able to get a copy of the current state of our finances, but I have my doubts. I don't think they are well enough organized to have anything up to date between AGMs.

I missed the last AGM. I think I wasn't feeling well. I try to go to them, even though I hate them. I dislike the squabbling and petty nonsense. I dislike power tripping. I dislike the lack of common sense.

I can't find the financial statements that they handed out this year. I found the ones from the previous year. At that time we had over $50,000 in the contingency fund. There was nothing in the budget that should have used that up. I haven't heard about any other emergency expenditures.

I would run for rep, but I don't think anyone wants to nominate me. Most of my neighbours are not people I would choose as friends. And I think it would be a real PITA to be a rep with this group. I really admire you for being willing to do the work of being on the board.

TL, I realize that Canada's laws are different from ours. But here in the section of Boston where I live. we have one way streets galore. Most residents that find themselves one house up from the corner will still go the wrong way IF traffice allows. Or they will just backup IF traffice allows. The police know this and ignore it. In the years I have been living here, I have never seen an accident when the residents do this. The block my daughter lives on has one side of her block two houses longer on the opposite side from her. And it is a one way street. You get to see some interesting driving.

Do you think you can get away with doing either one? I sure hope so. It will go easier on your gas tank and nerves.

And hang in there. Stirling will be back before you know it. Just give him a big hug and lots of good food. :angel:
:angel:

I never thought of backing up or going the wrong way. That would actually not be that unusual here in Quebec. :ohmy:

But, I'm the kind of driver who comes to a full stop at a stop sign, even late at night. It would probably be harder on my nerves to go the wrong way. :ermm:

I'm trying to figure out that good food. Thanks for the suggestion.

Back
Top Bottom