Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
if you were shorted on a prescription drug, and if that drug was vicoden, would you think it was a deliberate steal, or an honest mistake? then, if you were shorted on another prescription medication in the same exact way, what would be your thinking then? if you knew it was the pharmacist himself/herself that filled both rxes, would that change your perspective? if changing drug stores was not an option, what if anything would you do in order to make sure of a correct count in your future prescriptions?

the above is one of my posts from about a month ago. at that time, a number of us had quite an interesting discussion about my having been shorted on two prescriptions. i have an update of this unpleasant experience that i thought i'd share with you. this took place today.

i had another delivery this afternoon, of medications from the drugstore where i'd received 20 pills less than what had been prescribed--10 pills short in each of two rxes.

when my delivery arrived, i asked the delivery girl to sit down with me at the dining table and help me do a count of my pills. she had been on duty on the previous occasion also. her reluctance was evident by her hesitation and look of discomfort, but then she gamely joined me at the table, and we proceeded to count out 280 pills.

well, this time we actually came up with 285 pills instead of 280. that was a big surprise to me. because of last month's pill shortage, and the dispute over it with the pharmacist, my prescriptions were to be double checked from now on, with a notation to that effect at the station. besides, i assumed the pharmacist, who had been

Last edited:
I finally handled this type of situation in my family by deciding it was not MY problem, it was theirs. If they wanted to be angry, there was nothing I could do about it. I am not responsible for their happiness, only mine and Shrek's. You know, I feel so much better about most things, because I don't let their attitudes effect me.

Gosh, Fiona, you've taken up my mantra lately. I call it NMP. Not My Problem. I have broad shoulders (literally and figuratively), and I'm always getting "secrets" that I really don't want. Small town at that, everyone knows everyone. People tell me because they know I don't gossip, and when I hear a rumor I know to be fractured, I correct. But my friends range in age a great deal. But when this first started happening I let it weigh me down, so now when someone tells me of their (or their spouse's or their kids' or neighbors') infidelities, social diseases, minor crimes (i.e., where they only hurt themselves), I remind myself, "NMP" and try to erase it as soon as I can.

Occasionally, I get something that has to go somewhere, and I do what I can to fix it (in my latest problem it was a notary public who was spreading completely untrue rumours about my elderly, mostly shut in friends, and I had to let the care-givers know not to use that person again). I suspect this one will come back to bite me in the as*, but I couldn't let that one just go. The friend who passed the info on did what they could to fix it at that end, and I just told the caregiver the next time she need a notary, just call the family lawyer.

But mostly these days I just do my best to dismiss what is going on. Which actually encourages people to tell me more. Vicious circle. And I really don't want to know!

haughty and had treated me nasty throughout, would do everything in her power to avoid being put in a compromising position again,--over a mistake.
wrong again....

i no longer believe the shortage of pills last time was deliberate, or a theft. my thinking now is that i have been dealing with a small, privately run drug store, with a sloppy pharmacist, and possibly an incompetent one.

once all of this is behind me, and i have sufficiently recovered, my plan is to transfer all of my prescriptions from this pharmacy back to kroger's a major chain. and now i am left with a final question: i wonder why it is that the only two drug stores delivering meds in this town are two small independent ones. why aren't any of the major pharmacies offering this service? in some way or other, it must all come back around to money, to profit margins....

* part one of this post got printed before i was finished writing it--another glitchy day for my computer. i kept losing posts all through the night. but thankfully, this very vitally important post was finally able to be completed. :)

Last edited:
I'm sorry you have to deal with that Vit. I don't know why major pharmacies wouldn't deliver. I get my 'scripts from a Canada wide chain and they deliver. I don't know if other outlets do, but the one near me does.

I too hate gossip Claire. That's why I stay in my apartment most of the time. A group of us of the same mind have tea night on Tuesday. We talk about everything except the folks who live in the building. I once told a resident (the biggest gossip in the building) that gossip is wrong. She immediately informed me that if it is true, then it is not gossip. Gossip is gossip. True or not. It is still gossip.

Because I have my hours all screwed up and am up all night, I sleep during the day. I get two callers all the time that are eating up my minutes on my cell phone. Son #2 and the medical facility where I have all my appointments. My son calls me for stupid things. Sometimes to just talk. That call I don't mind. But he needs to keep it to once a week. He is constantly waking me up. And there is no reason he can't call at night when he knows I am awake.

The second caller, is the medical facility. The calls start a week before my appointment. And there are three calls for every appointment. They are just reminders that you have an appointment. Each call takes 3.5 minutes to get through after you punch in all the numbers. And if you don't answer, it goes to voicemail and the same thing. Then if you fail to respond to that, the dang machine just keeps calling you up to the day of your appointment. Spike has the right idea. If the number is not in your list of contacts, ignore it. Don't even bother to check the voicemail. Just erase it. I will never again respond to their phone number. Every department uses the same call back number. It is tied into their computer appointment system. They will never hear me punch in a number again. And I will never check my voicemail for them again either.

Grant you my phone is free along with 250 minutes a month. And I buy 250 additional minutes a month for $5.00. But the medical facility is eating up all my minutes. I only call Winthrop, if really important, my daughter and Spike. My call to Spike last for only 30 seconds at the most. That is the longest call I make. And only if I am not at home. Otherwise, I use my computer to make calls and they are all free. No minute restrictions at all. It is tied in with Skype. :angel:

I just received the dumbest phone call from my daughter.

Her son , who lives downstairs called her.

"Ma, come here, quick!"

She rushed down the stairs as fast as she could.

"Come here Ma. Look at this. What do I do?"

It seems that my 30 something grandson had a bowel movement so long and large that it came above the waterline and was resting against the toilet seat.

Daughter calls me. "Ma what do we do?"

"Flush the toilet."

"Flush the toilet son."

Problem solved.

I just want it on record that this line of stupidity does not come from my side of the family. My kids never ceased to amaze me with their total lack of intelligence. Or they just want me to have a continued feeling of being needed. I am still sitting here shaking my head in disbelief. :angel: (I can hear you laughing!)

Ads, I am with you there!

Gossip is an awful thing, I dont do it, I dont like it and I keep away from anyone who is into idle gossip :rolleyes:

It can only cause trouble from what I have seen in my lifetime!

OH MY GOD Addie!!

That had me in stitches of laughter!

Did you know there is a site on the internet called "Rate My Poo"?

Maybe your daughter could have entered it into there :ROFLMAO:

OH MY GOD Addie!!

That had me in stitches of laughter!

Did you know there is a site on the internet called "Rate My Poo"?

Maybe your daughter could have entered it into there :ROFLMAO:

One time my daughter sliced open her palm twice doing the same thing a second time. You would have thought she learned the first time. Dumb!!! But this one even tops that. :angel:

OUCH!

What was she cutting Ads?

She was trying to open a frozen hot dog bun. Her hand slipped down the length of a long blade. When the doctor was stitching her up, she wanted to know when he started. I turned her head away and he went to work. When he was done, I told her, "All right, get ready. He is going to start now." She started screaming. A week after she got the stitches removed, she did it again trying to open a frozen hot dog bun. If she wasn't bleeding so bad, I would have killed her. :angel:

Lol Addie,

Sometimes I think with some people it does take awhile for things to register. I have a friend whom seems to do the same thing. She would slice onions and always keep cutting herself, I was scared one day she would lose a finger. I eventually got her to bang a nail into a small board and said " Pop the onion onto this and slice away"..It seems to have worked because she hasn't cut herself since.

Lol Addie,

Sometimes I think with some people it does take awhile for things to register. I have a friend whom seems to do the same thing. She would slice onions and always keep cutting herself, I was scared one day she would lose a finger. I eventually got her to bang a nail into a small board and said " Pop the onion onto this and slice away"..It seems to have worked because she hasn't cut herself since.

Great idea. That should be added to the 'Tips' thread. :angel:

I had a scare early this evening. I woke up and the TV was on along with four lamps. The room was well lighted. I went to sit down at the 'puter and all of a sudden my eye started to tear up really bad and was hurting. I put a patch over it, but the pain continued. So I put the pain drops in along with the other two. and I took two vicodin. I shut off all the lights and TV and laid down for about twenty minutes. When I got up the room was still completely dark. I turned on the lamps one at a time with a few minutes between. Then I turned on the TV. That was the brightest. No pain. But the real test was to come. The screen of the 'puter was the brightest of anything else. Was I going to be able to sit there and read? Voila! No pain. No tears flowing.

What had happened was when I woke up within about five minutes I went to the 'puter and sat down at the brightest light in the room. I didn't give my eye time to adjust to the light in the room never mind the 'puter. If I was still in pain, I would have headed right for the ER. It was like coming out of the movies during a bright hot sunny day. I won't make that mistake again. :angel:

Oh good,I do feel better now knowing I'm not the only one whom gets lost on here :LOL:

Im sure if I sit on here long enough I should find it sometime soon,one day maybe ;)

Back
Top Bottom