Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Remind me not to eat at Elephant Bar again soon. I had the Macau shrimp soup, and salmon rolls. then got out the front door and embarrased myself by upchucking all over the place, color my face red and today of all days. Yeesh did I feel foolish or what?? Was it just me or something I ate?
kades

that's just awful, kades--so sorry that happened to you! i had a similar bout of really bad heartburn myself last evening. i became extremely nauseous too, but managed, just barely, to avoid vomiting. heartburn can be soo bad. for me, the only thing i could pin the blame on, was the asti spumanti i drank last night. it wasn't overmuch either, but i hadn't had any kind of bubbly for a number of years. i took some prilosec, which worked okay, but it was nearly an hour before i felt any relief. kades, i hope you are all back to normal by now. i'd stay away from that elephant bar too, kades....:) .

Last edited:
aw taxy, you know i'm always going to be on your side, right or wrong. :) i think you and stirling are really good for and to each other. for a guy, he seems to be truly decent, and treats you like you really matter-- that is big. in my book, taxy. sorry for the cynicism, but i've probably seen more than my share of selfish, lazy, self-indulgent guys.--- who don't cook, but rather expect to be waited on, hand and foot....

My SIL is one of them. He would rather pay for take out every night than step into the kitchen. He even had the nerve to ask my daughter to make up some meals he could heat up in the micro. That way when she is sick from the chemo, he can eat. Real thoughtful. :rolleyes::angel:

Vit, no man bashing here. This is a friendly forum. I love my man, and I guess I chose wisely. ;)

aw taxy, you know i'm always going to be on your side, right or wrong. :) i think you and stirling are really good for and to each other. for a guy, he seems to be truly decent, and treats you like you really matter-- that is big. in my book, taxy. sorry for the cynicism, but i've probably seen more than my share of selfish, lazy, self-indulgent guys.--- who don't cook, but rather expect to be waited on, hand and foot....
He is a really decent, lovable guy. It was quite out of character for him. He did apologize for being grumpy at supper.

Remind me not to eat at Elephant Bar again soon. I had the Macau shrimp soup, and salmon rolls. then got out the front door and embarrased myself by upchucking all over the place, color my face red and today of all days. Yeesh did I feel foolish or what?? Was it just me or something I ate?
kades

Oh geez, Ma, hope you're feeling better!

I have a toothache again (can't get my root canal until Monday) and I have a cold. :(

Gah! Few things would be more miserable, LP. Hope you can get relief soon.

We just got home from our lovely vacation. Following the flight, I am totally deaf in one ear, and can partially hear with the other. Forgot to stick in my EarPlanes as we were up after 2 a.m. New Years Eve and I snoozed on the plane home. DH and I both apparently can't handle the caffeine in Diet Coke despite the addition of rum :LOL:

Last edited:
Oh geez, Ma, hope you're feeling better!

+1

And my money would be on something you ate so I wouldn't be too embarrassed about throwing up outside.....at least you didn't do it in the restaurant! :angel: Love you Ma and wish I could be there to look after you but I don't want to give you my cold.

Hope the tooth's not hurting so much, Laurie.

We discovered our mailbox was run into and totally trashed this morn, it happened when we were gone. As I can surmise, neighbors had a party when someone backed or fronted into it. Same neighbor also runs a landscaping business from his home, and has taken out our tree branches and other stuff with his equipment as he uses our private drive to back up his stuff. This happened before, a few years ago, and someone backed into the mailbox and snapped the whole post off, then just took off. Luckily I was able to save the beautiful clematis planted underneath, and we installed a much sturdier post for the mail and paper boxes, complete with solid concrete. I can guarantee that whoever did it this time, their vehicle was hurting! That post is solid!

Now off to buy a new mailbox.

Last edited:
Hope the tooth's not hurting so much, Laurie.

We discovered our mailbox was run into and totally trashed this morn, it happened when we were gone. As I can surmise, neighbors had a party when someone backed or fronted into it. Same neighbor also runs a landscaping business from his home, and has taken out our tree branches and other stuff with his equipment as he uses our private drive to back up his stuff. This happened before, a few years ago, and someone backed into the mailbox and snapped the whole post off, then just took off. Luckily I was able to save the beautiful clematis planted underneath, and we installed a much sturdier post for the mail and paper boxes, complete with solid concrete. I can guarantee that whoever did it this time, their vehicle was hurting! That post is solid!

Now off to buy a new mailbox.

Maybe a steel I-beam for a post, with 12 inch steep spikes welded perpendicular to the post, at about the correct height to pu8ncture, say, a radiator, might act as a deterrent.:LOL:

I am kidding of course. It's too dangerous, and mean spirited. But sometimes, a person is just tempted.

There was an incident around my home town many years ago, when snowmobiles were fairly cheap, and everyone had them, where someone was constantly riding through another person's yard, at night. Keep out signs were posted. Fences were put up, and the snowmobiles kept driving through the owner's yard. Finally, the owner placed a steel spike in his frozen yard. The person who hit it was a young girl that he knew, who was a member of a friend's family. There were lawyers involved, he felt horrible about the injuries that the girl sustained, he had to pay hospital bills, etc. I was a young teen at the time, and this man's son was someone I knew. It was all so very sad.

Sometimes we have to put up with stupidity on the part of our fellow earthly inhabitants. And if things get too out of hand, a motion activated camera works so much better than a steel spike, you know, the kind hunters use to see fi there are deer in the woods.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Maybe a steel I-beam for a post, with 12 inch steep spikes welded perpendicular to the post, at about the correct height to pu8ncture, say, a radiator, might act as a deterrent.:LOL:

I am kidding of course. It's too dangerous, and mean spirited. But sometimes, a person is just tempted.

There was an incident around my home town many years ago, when snowmobiles were fairly cheap, and everyone had them, where someone was constantly riding through another person's yard, at night. Keep out signs were posted. Fences were put up, and the snowmobiles kept driving through the owner's yard. Finally, the owner placed a steel spike in his frozen yard. The person who hit it was a young girl that he knew, who was a member of a friend's family. There were lawyers involved, he felt horrible about the injuries that the girl sustained, he had to pay hospital bills, etc. I was a young teen at the time, and this man's son was someone I knew. It was all so very sad.

Sometimes we have to put up with stupidity on the part of our fellow earthly inhabitants. And if things get too out of hand, a motion activated camera works so much better than a steel spike, you know, the kind hunters use to see fi there are deer in the woods.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I gotcha, Chief. When our neighbor backs up his equipment into our private drive and has taken out a few hugh branches from our white pine grove, he totally denies doing it, even though we've seen him in action. Will have to check into the cameras. We were able to get him to quit parking all his trucks, snow removal equipment, and trailers on his front lawn in this small subdivision neighborhood, thanks to the County Attourney and their cameras.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the well-wishes.

I officially have a double sinus infection along with my still abscessed tooth. The doctor wants to put me on anti-biotic for the sinuses but wants to check with my dentist (away until Monday when I see him for my root canal. I already take what I think is way too much pain medication I am trying to come off of for my chronic pain, now I have to take codiene just to be able to get out of bed with the acute pain of the sinuses and tooth.

But I am trying to hold out until Monday because I only want my dentist doing the root canal. He is also a friend and I know they are just holidaying at home so I am going to call him and tell him what the doctor said. Hopefully he will just fax in the antibiotic to our pharmacy. I am also flushing my sinuses 2-3 times a day and rinsing my mouth with warm salt water. The best thing, which I got all afternoon, is sleep.

:lucky::lucky:
Some lucky clovers for you! Hope you feel better soon! I couldn't find the flowers :(

Thanks for all the well-wishes.

I officially have a double sinus infection along with my still abscessed tooth. The doctor wants to put me on anti-biotic for the sinuses but wants to check with my dentist (away until Monday when I see him for my root canal. I already take what I think is way too much pain medication I am trying to come off of for my chronic pain, now I have to take codiene just to be able to get out of bed with the acute pain of the sinuses and tooth.

But I am trying to hold out until Monday because I only want my dentist doing the root canal. He is also a friend and I know they are just holidaying at home so I am going to call him and tell him what the doctor said. Hopefully he will just fax in the antibiotic to our pharmacy. I am also flushing my sinuses 2-3 times a day and rinsing my mouth with warm salt water. The best thing, which I got all afternoon, is sleep.

:flowers::flowers::flowers: Here's some flowers for you Snip! :)

I reported in the "what are you doing" thread that the abscess popped yesterday and that pain is just tender to the touch now, no endless throbbing. The sinuses are still aching, but much easier to handle.

Thanks to everyone for your encouragement and letting me pout over my sore face!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom