Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think I'm going to bed now. My legs and back hurt from walking too much, walked about 17 miles today. My head and throat feel like they belong to someone else, head cold from hell! Slept about 4 hours last night, did 3 loads of washing, washed more dishes than I can count, made food fit for Sunday lunch, played games with the kids, picked up about a million legos, ironed, cleaned up, did the shopping and a nit check and bug shampoo on my kids :( They seem to be free from the nasty critters they picked up this holiday lol! I think I may have poisoned myself slightly by shampooing my own hair about 10 times just incase! Looks like I escaped the infestation. Please please please let school start soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:flowers::flowers::flowers: Here's some flowers for you Snip! :)

I reported in the "what are you doing" thread that the abscess popped yesterday and that pain is just tender to the touch now, no endless throbbing. The sinuses are still aching, but much easier to handle.

Thanks to everyone for your encouragement and letting me pout over my sore face!

Thank you Laurie :) Hope you get some well needed rest!

Thank you Kylie and Tax :) Just had a hot toddy, 2 asprin and some medical silver. getting sleepy fast! Sure I'll be better in the morning as long as the kids leave me be till sunrise lol!

To all of my freinds, who are under any kind of nasty little bug, I hope all of you get well very soon, and that your discomfort is minimal. I'm just getting over a nasty little bug I picked up about a month ago. The worst of it was gone after about 4 days. But a nagging little cough, and athletic sinusses (they ran like sprinters at times:LOL:) plagued me until this morning. So, be prepared. As someone once said in a movie, "It ain't over, 'till it's over.".

Get rest, and healthy food, especially hearty soups made with marrow bones.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

My yongest son just called. He is sick and not feeling well. I wish i could just pick him up, bring him home and make some chicken soup. Ah, I miss him...

Night Snip, hope you feel loads better in the morning :)

Charlie, hoping your son is feeling a lot better soon too

Wow, Snip, Charlie's son, I hope you feel better.

Thanks, Kylie, Taxi and and the Chief for your well wishes.

Even though the tooth is better, all I can eat right now is soft stuff - soup, with fresh made flat bread for lunch, and another pot of soup on the stove. For dinner I am going to have the rest of the take-out lasagna TB brought me last night. Not really on my diet, but the pain, hunger and feeling too blah to make anything won out!;)

Thank you Kylie and Tax :) Just had a hot toddy, 2 asprin and some medical silver. getting sleepy fast! Sure I'll be better in the morning as long as the kids leave me be till sunrise lol!

Thanks for all the well-wishes.

I officially have a double sinus infection along with my still abscessed tooth. The doctor wants to put me on anti-biotic for the sinuses but wants to check with my dentist (away until Monday when I see him for my root canal. I already take what I think is way too much pain medication I am trying to come off of for my chronic pain, now I have to take codiene just to be able to get out of bed with the acute pain of the sinuses and tooth.

But I am trying to hold out until Monday because I only want my dentist doing the root canal. He is also a friend and I know they are just holidaying at home so I am going to call him and tell him what the doctor said. Hopefully he will just fax in the antibiotic to our pharmacy. I am also flushing my sinuses 2-3 times a day and rinsing my mouth with warm salt water. The best thing, which I got all afternoon, is sleep.

to the both of you get thyselves to a warm bed ma said so!! be better the two of you I'm thinking about you.
ma

Morning all! Thank you for the kind words :) Daniel kept me up most of the night with his night terrors. He doesn't wake up he just screams. Hope that will stop soon, he's almost 6. I'm tired but I feel better.

my cats both keep waking me day & night, (babbit smacks me with her paw, & tig has followed in this) & they decide when i'm feeding them. i'm not allowed to wash dishes now, either. not unless i put h2o in thier already-full container 1st. gotta love the pets.

my cats both keep waking me day & night, (babbit smacks me with her paw, & tig has followed in this) & they decide when i'm feeding them. i'm not allowed to wash dishes now, either. not unless i put h2o in thier already-full container 1st. gotta love the pets.
They are training you.

If the cats wake you, kick them out of the bedroom until they learn better manners. I successfully taught my first cat not to wake me for food, after he had trained me. I haven't let other cats train me that way.

When our cat wants scratch, when I'm watching TV, he comes to me. When he needs food, he has a particular meow that says - Hey, anybody, I'm hungry!" When he wants treats, DW is the only one he goes to, "cause I don't give him treats hardly ever. Once in a great while, I'll feel generous enough to share a bit of liverwurst with him. I cluck my tongue and he comes-a-runnin'. He doesn't beg for treats from me. He knows it's not going to happen unless I cluck my tongue.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

On this morning's news there was a report of a fire on the North Shore. They were able to save two rabbits, a bird, and a cat. No one was home. But the dog was lost in the fire. According to the homeowners, they believed that the fire may have started because the dog was "surfing" the counter tops looking for food. He may have accidental turned on a knob on the stove.

How do you allow a dog to surf the counter tops? Why wasn't there food in the dog's dish? A beautiful dog was lost because the owners failed to properly train the animal. Part of loving an animal is to train it to behave in an acceptable manner to humans. Walking on the kitchen counter tops is not good behavior on the part of the animal. Any animal. :angel:

On this morning's news there was a report of a fire on the North Shore. They were able to save two rabbits, a bird, and a cat. No one was home. But the dog was lost in the fire. According to the homeowners, they believed that the fire may have started because the dog was "surfing" the counter tops looking for food. He may have accidental turned on a knob on the stove.

How do you allow a dog to surf the counter tops? Why wasn't there food in the dog's dish? A beautiful dog was lost because the owners failed to properly train the animal. Part of loving an animal is to train it to behave in an acceptable manner to humans. Walking on the kitchen counter tops is not good behavior on the part of the animal. Any animal. :angel:

I have to agree with you on this Addie. There is absolutely NO reason for ANY animal to be walking on countertops or even tables for that matter. Things like safety for the animal as well as the human, sanitary reasons both come to mind. I'm sure there are some cat owners out there who will disagree with me and so be it, but it's simply just a bad thing to allow all the way around.

I have to agree with you on this Addie. There is absolutely NO reason for ANY animal to be walking on countertops or even tables for that matter. Things like safety for the animal as well as the human, sanitary reasons both come to mind. I'm sure there are some cat owners out there who will disagree with me and so be it, but it's simply just a bad thing to allow all the way around.

+1!

+2

I was at a friend's house many long years back (about 25 or so), sitting at a their supper table enjoying a pork roast and some spuds with my wife and kids, when the family cat jumped up on the table. The husband of the house was at the opposite end of the table from the cat, and through his fork at it, to scare it off of the table. It was a frustration thing as they had been trying to discourage this cat behavior for some time.

Well, to make a long story short, that fork stuck in the cat's forehead. It didn't do major damage, and the cat lived for many years later. He though twice about jumping up onto the dinner table again though.

I don't promote throwing forks, or anything else at cats. I punched one really hard once, sent him flying across the room. I'd walked into my sister's home, after knocking at the door. Her cat was sitting on the back of a chair, next to the door. When I entered, the animal attacked me and drove his teeth several inches into my left shoulder. I had never before hit an animal, nor have I since. It was purely reflex on my part. Needless to say, the cat kept his distance for a long time.

Sometimes, animal behavior can be hard to control. Sometimes, it's the owner's fault. And sometimes, just as it is with people, the animal gets what it deserves. I've had a few run-ins with dogs when I was a child, dogs that I never did anything to. And sometimes, I'd wished I had had a weapon with me. I lived in the country, and many people let their dogs run free in those days. I am no friend to ornery German Shepherds, or Cocker Spaniels. I am friend to all good dogs and cats, and have even been known to befriend a mean dog, who was mean from fear of abuse, and made friends with the dog. But just as there are badly behaved people, there are badly behaved animals, and it isn't always due to lack of training.

Don't know why I wrote a book about this. Just lots of memories popping into my head of mean dogs that used to scare me witless when I was a child.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Back
Top Bottom