Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Imagine getting an Emergency Room bill and you've been billed for a pregnancy test...after they have taken a history and it's impossible for you to be pregnant, i.e., none of the equipment to get that way. "We always test a woman your age for pregnancy when they come in the ER." Even if it's documented that you've had the surgery so you can't be pregnant?!? Took me two years to fight that one.

Oh, heavens (OK, I don't swear on-line, but *%^&%#@#@#$%!!!), can I identify. I had my hip surgery in mid-July. I've paid all I can, but I know, out there somewhere, is a $22,000 hospital bill that my insurance is dragging their feet on (Thank YOU, Uncle Sam, for all the years my husband spent in the Army, going to Vietnam when others fled to Canada, and thank you, thank you for all your help), and I'm still not getting the bill. At this point, I'd rather pay the entire friggin' bill rather than sitting on tenderhooks. No, I don't really mean that. Buy why, 6 months later, can I not just pay this bill and get it over with? I've paid the ambulance company, I've paid a dozen doctors, I've paid, and paid, and paid, but the big bill just won't come in. I actually got a form asking me who I was suing. Huh? I fell down some stairs, in my own home, walking in my sleep. Can you hear me screaming? Just pay whatever you're going to pay, or not, and let me get beyond this!

Imagine getting an Emergency Room bill and you've been billed for a pregnancy test...after they have taken a history and it's impossible for you to be pregnant, i.e., none of the equipment to get that way. "We always test a woman your age for pregnancy when they come in the ER." Even if it's documented that you've had the surgery so you can't be pregnant?!? Took me two years to fight that one.

Well, after my rant, I laughed at this one. I had my tubes tied at a young age (29). My husband and I just decided that. Every single time I went to a medical appointment after that, they tested me for pregnancy, even though I told them, no way. No symptoms. "But we have to, for a woman of your age." Look at my records. No way. That was OK when I wasn't paying the bill. Aggravating, but I could live with it. After my husband retired, I had this same problem. NOT PHYSICALLY POSSIBLE FOR ME TO BE PREGNANT. Can't happen. Yes, I've known women to have ectopic pregnancies after that, but not without symptoms of some sort.

One of the funnier moments was when I was in my early 30s and a doctor asked me if there was a reason I'd had my tubes tied. Huh? Didn't want to have children? He just laughed, and said, I need to re-phrase that; is there a medical reason for it, because in this state, it is illegal to do that unless there is a medical reason (I'd had it done in a different state). We just laughed and he thought more women should know their minds.

But I spent a decade paying for pregnancy tests knowing they'd be negative. Duh.

When I get a migraine, one of my symptoms is getting the dry heaves until the headache breaks. Last year during one of my many visits to the ER, I had the dry heaves really bad. I told some young twit that I had been having the heaves off and on since morning. "Is there a chance you might be pregnant?" I demanded that they get this idiot away from me. If he can't tell just by looking at the wrinkles on my face that I am past the age of pregnancy, then he needs to go back to medical school. Had he looked at my record, he would have seen that I am in my 70's. I simply do not have any patience with stupidity. :angel:

Okay...here's the deal. In November I had my right knee replaced. Now comes the insurance vultures. I've kept my eye on all things that have been submitted but the one that made my head twirl around was the one I received a few days ago.

It was from a lab company that did some blood tests/etc. stuff. After it was all said and done and my insurance company waved their wand over the proceedings, I received a bill for ...................... 42 cents. Hello?!

I'm still scratching my head. The stamp to mail the payment is more than the balance due.:wacko::wacko:

Okay...here's the deal. In November I had my right knee replaced. Now comes the insurance vultures. I've kept my eye on all things that have been submitted but the one that made my head twirl around was the one I received a few days ago.

It was from a lab company that did some blood tests/etc. stuff. After it was all said and done and my insurance company waved their wand over the proceedings, I received a bill for ...................... 42 cents. Hello?!

I'm still scratching my head. The stamp to mail the payment is more than the balance due.:wacko::wacko:
:wacko: indeed. And it cost them more to mail the bill. :LOL:

:wacko: indeed. And it cost them more to mail the bill. :LOL:

Yep, taxlady! I'm considering not paying it. Let's see what 42 cents will do to the powers that be. Before I do that, I'm going to see if the agency is part of my medical providers that I see on a regular basis. If that's the case, the next time I'm there for whatever reason, I'll present them with a quarter, a nickel, a dime and two pennies. "Paid in full" as far as I am concerned.

went to dr. today to have 24 hour ekg hooked up. i was about 15 min. early. however the patient before me was late. so i had to wait because she was tardy. grrrrrrrrr

That's enough to make your blood boil. Inconsiderate people...

I've been reading the manual for my new Galaxy S III phone. It's 166 pages long. :ermm: I can't find out how to display my contact list alphabetized by last name, instead of first name.:huh: It also synced my contacts from Google, which I didn't want. I wanted it synced with my Windows address book. That's what I have been syncing my iPhone with. I also want the time in 24 hour format, not AM and PM. :ermm:

This is giving me a headache. I will have to watch some YouTube videos. Dang, I don't want to study, just to use my phone. I can't even find the calendar or how to get an address out of my contact list into Google maps. I can usually just play around with phones and software and figure out most of the stuff. Too tired to deal with it any more tonight.

Yep, taxlady! I'm considering not paying it. Let's see what 42 cents will do to the powers that be. Before I do that, I'm going to see if the agency is part of my medical providers that I see on a regular basis. If that's the case, the next time I'm there for whatever reason, I'll present them with a quarter, a nickel, a dime and two pennies. "Paid in full" as far as I am concerned.

No, no. Just nickels and pennies. And you want a signed receipt. :angel:

I've been reading the manual for my new Galaxy S III phone. It's 166 pages long. :ermm: I can't find out how to display my contact list alphabetized by last name, instead of first name.:huh: It also synced my contacts from Google, which I didn't want. I wanted it synced with my Windows address book. That's what I have been syncing my iPhone with. I also want the time in 24 hour format, not AM and PM. :ermm:

This is giving me a headache. I will have to watch some YouTube videos. Dang, I don't want to study, just to use my phone. I can't even find the calendar or how to get an address out of my contact list into Google maps. I can usually just play around with phones and software and figure out most of the stuff. Too tired to deal with it any more tonight.

I love my phone. I make calls, get calls, and on the front it tells me the time, date am or pm. I could text, but I don't know how, have no interrest in learning. Life is so simple.

I apologize TL. I just couldn't resist. Good luck. :angel:

I'm having a problem with my computer. This is serious, because I can't play Spider Solitaire without tearing my hair out. Like I said, serious. :rolleyes: Sometimes I can't get the cards to move, or they'll move halfway and jump back and I'll have to try numerous times at which point I just give up and exit out. :mad: Also, I need to copy and paste all the funny stuff you guys post on "Today's Funny" but I'm having trouble highlighting the picture -- the picture will start to move instead. Grrr.

Can't afford a new computer or to lose any more hair. :( Have pity, someone.

I'm having a problem with my computer. This is serious, because I can't play Spider Solitaire without tearing my hair out. Like I said, serious. :rolleyes: Sometimes I can't get the cards to move, or they'll move halfway and jump back and I'll have to try numerous times at which point I just give up and exit out. :mad: Also, I need to copy and paste all the funny stuff you guys post on "Today's Funny" but I'm having trouble highlighting the picture -- the picture will start to move instead. Grrr.

Can't afford a new computer or to lose any more hair. :( Have pity, someone.
Another Spider Solitaire addict. :LOL:

For copying the pictures, try right clicking on the picture. If you are using FireFox, you should get a context menu with the option to "copy picture". It might work in other browsers too.

What operating system are you using?

Hmm, maybe this should have its own thread. Someone here is probably techie enough to help, but it might take a lot of questions and guessing.

I love my phone. I make calls, get calls, and on the front it tells me the time, date am or pm. I could text, but I don't know how, have no interrest in learning. Life is so simple.

I apologize TL. I just couldn't resist. Good luck. :angel:
:LOL:

Yeah, the more a phone does, the more complicated it gets. I'm really glad I told the guy at the Fido store (Fido is my phone provider) not to activate the new phone. I knew I wanted to know how it works before I had to make or receive any phone calls on it. It's my main phone.

Another Spider Solitaire addict. :LOL:

For copying the pictures, try right clicking on the picture. If you are using FireFox, you should get a context menu with the option to "copy picture". It might work in other browsers too.

What operating system are you using?

Hmm, maybe this should have its own thread. Someone here is probably techie enough to help, but it might take a lot of questions and guessing.

Ohhh. I do use FireFox and after I finally get it highlighted, I right-click and use the "copy" choice. Many thanks, tax - I'll just skip the highlighting step.

I have Vista and surely hope I don't have to 'graduate' to Windows 8 -- I've heard awful things about it, even though Vista is by no means ideal.

So you don't think there's already a thread for this kind of stuff? I'd be glad to go there with my petty problems if it already exists.

Ohhh. I do use FireFox and after I finally get it highlighted, I right-click and use the "copy" choice. Many thanks, tax - I'll just skip the highlighting step.

I have Vista and surely hope I don't have to 'graduate' to Windows 8 -- I've heard awful things about it, even though Vista is by no means ideal.

So you don't think there's already a thread for this kind of stuff? I'd be glad to go there with my petty problems if it already exists.

My son The Pirate has Vista. He likes it. Took him a while to get used to it. I have Windows 7. I am happy with it. Have no intentions to go to 8. I still think their best was XP Windows. :angel:

I agree, XP was the best. I still use a laptop with XP. I'm also using another new laptop with Windows 8 and am still learning how to use it. I think Microsoft went the other way on this OS and made it user 'unfriendly' for regular laptops and desktops.

Back
Top Bottom