Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Always seems to be something at your place Addie. It is good that you are helpful for your neighbors.

Always seems to be something at your place Addie. It is good that you are helpful for your neighbors.

There are 42 units in this building. You are right. Always something. We all listen to where the ambulance is going. Although at around 4 p.m. we know it is going up the highway right next to the building. Always a crash every day. :angel:

Tired, semi-sleep deprived, cold,
bored and I can't go to bed yet.
The tail end of work seriously irked me.
The stupidity of people
on the drive home seriously irked me
("let me pull out in front of you
on an icey road
and then just stop there."
"Hey, look at me. I'm racing
all the other cars in the snow
and ice
and I'm probably going to get someone killed.
Aren't I so cool.")
/growl
/bare teeth
/extend claws

I'm in a mood
where if you pointed your finger
in my face
I'd probably bite it,
and then when you pulled away in surprise
I'd yell at you for being stupid
enough
to point your finger in the face
of someone that is clearly in no mood
to be provoked.
And then I might just stomp on your foot
to punctuate my outburst.

It's a good thing
I don't have to go anywhere tonight
and that I can turn the ringer off
on mine and the hubby's phones.
It's a good thing
I can just curl up in a blanket
and glare at random objects
until bedtime.
It's a good thing
the cat knows
to just lay quietly at my feet and purr
and hubby knows
to just sit quietly next to me,
just close enough that I can feel him
there, but not quite touching.
If those two
keep going as they are,
I might just run out of things to vent
about.

It wasn't meant to be a poem. I wrote it out and as I was reading it to see if I missed punctuation or had obvious spelling errors and I could just see the line breaks, hear the rythm of it all. It was all sort of sing-songy in my head. I don't think I've ever accidentally written a poem before.

Hey, I am not arguing. It is a poem. And I have all my fingers curled inside my palm.

I too have no patience with stupidity. I would rather deal all day long with a mentally challenged person that someone who is just stupid by their own choice. The mentally challenged one has a reason for his condition. :angel:

Hey, I am not arguing. It is a poem. And I have all my fingers curled inside my palm.

And I too have no patience with stupidity. I would rather deal all day long with a mentally challenged person that someone who is just stupid by their own choice. The mentally challenged one has a reason for his condition. :angel:

Oh my goodness so +1!

writing their feelings down helps a lot of people, pag. in fact it's taught as a coping tool in cognitive behavioral and dialectical behavioral therapies.

i've never done it, though. it can also be considered evidence... :cool:

Cat makes a huge mess digging in a plant (he is only 5-6 months old), then repeatedly, determinedly, persistently, attacks the broom. Lol. What a PITA! I need a squirt bottle holster.

Oh, and I had to dissect a cat in anatomy yesterday :/ poor kitty.

I HATE waiting!

Yesterday I waited all day for a package which was to be delivered by Fedex.

Last evening when I checked the tracking, there was a message that they couldn't get into the building. It was time stamped 5:53 p.m.

I can understand that the security guard may have been away from his station, restroom break, unlocking an apartment for a forgetful resident, etc., but no residents around to open the door for the Fedex delivery person??????? There are 300+ apartments here! At that time of day there should have been a few around.

Now I get to wait all day again! GRRRRRRRrrrrrrr!!!!:angry:
--

My son lives in a huge complex too. All pkg delivery ( fed x, USPS, UPS) simply gets delivered to mgmt office. One stop for the delivery guy. You have to go to the office and pick up your pkgs. Don't know how mgmt notifies everyone. I;m pretty sure it is a daily challenge on their part. Maybe they do an speed dial internal dial/ message on your phone.

--

My son lives in a huge complex too. All pkg delivery ( fed x, USPS, UPS) simply gets delivered to mgmt office. One stop for the delivery guy. You have to go to the office and pick up your pkgs. Don't know how mgmt notifies everyone. I;m pretty sure it is a daily challenge on their part. Maybe they do an speed dial internal dial/ message on your phone.

How nice for the delivery guy, but I'll bet it's a real PITA for the residents as well as management.

I made it through the stress test today, no problem. Starting to think my problem is not my heart, but something else. I have an appointment on Wednesday. Not happy, going on three weeks of not feeling right.

Why would you do that?

I was wondering the same thing.

Trust me. I didn't do it on purpose! I slipped and when I went to catch myself my phone when flying and smashed on the deck. And I do mean SMASHED. The front screen is quite a mess. I'm currently bidding on new phones on eBay. Sigh. This is annoying and upsetting!

Chicken soup. If you're too busy, or don't really feel like making it, ask Shrek to make some. Maybe even chicken and dumplings. You know you can't help but feel better!

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HEALING HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom