Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm enough of a brat I would have given them her current address...

After I while it became just a game with me. How long could I tie up her time on this call. I know they are timed in how long it takes them to solve a problem.

I did that with my daughter after she died. It was still to close to her death and I had the receipt still on my nightstand table. So I had all the information right there. Including the number of the enclosure of the mausoleum. Row and number. The dang fool person didn't even realize she was being taken for a ride. :angel:

I wonder if Shrek would start taking better care of himself if I took his Urn out of the closet and kept it on the coffee table...

I HATE the smell of the herbal teas SO drinks. There's one that smells like clove which is my most hated spice. There's another that smells like medicine.

Is bad smell a requirement of herbal teas?

Ken can't stand cloves either. Its one of my favorites and I've had to learn to use a whole lot less than I used to.

My petty vent is the headache/shoulder/neck ache I have. They're all connected and I can't get in to see my massage therapist for 2 weeks! ARGH! I'm going to have to try and find someone who can fit me in sooner.

Oh dear Alix!
You need that now... or Ken will have to do all the cooking, cleaning, and.... hey wait a minute... that may be a good thing... ;)
Hope you are doing well soon, my friend!

I HATE the smell of the herbal teas SO drinks. There's one that smells like clove which is my most hated spice. There's another that smells like medicine.

Is bad smell a requirement of herbal teas?

Not all herbal teas smell :LOL:
I loveall the so called smelly ones but you get nice smelling ones too.

Rosehip and hybiscus, Jasmin, Strawberry leaf tea, rose tea, lavender tea etc all smell and taste devine :yum:

I like clove tea :(

Andy, do you have a bulk food store or Whole Foods or a tea shop nearby. Lift the lids and give a smell test. Take her along or come home with a surprise pkgs. Unless SO is drinking specific teas for medicinal purposes, herbal teas can be mixed and matched for both aroma and flavor. And there are so many flavors to combine that are pleasant. As an alternative to cloves. have her try all-spice berries, cracked. I think crushed cardamom seeds and anything anise flavored is great in a tea. Certainly rose hips, mint, hibiscus et al. A piece of candied ginger dropped in the bottom of a cup before adding tea increases both flavor and scent or a cinnamon stick or piece of lemon grass stirrer. Drinking Tea is a soothing and comforting and a relaxing moment, and is inclusive Well, I think so anyway. Ask your SO why she likes to drink tea and why she likes specific flavor blends sometime.

I bet you wouldn't like my pumpkin pie. I put double the cloves and it comes out real dark looking.

While you are out and about, does she have a good tea infuser. I like this one.
http://helping.en.alibaba.com/product/318724450-209451293/Good_Designed_Stainless_Steel_Tea_Infuser.html

although, I see one today named after me or a ‘60’s sock hop song – Do the Freddy. Heheh. You can borrow it.

http://www.amazon.com/Fred-Friends-Mister-Tea-Infuser/dp/B008XCZ25K

You might consider find a nice flavor too, sit back and have a cuppa. Contemplate the tea leaves, yoga for the mind, while she drinks her blend. You'll both be better for it.

Alix, have you ever tried using a heated flax seed pillow to comfort your neck or back or any sore area.

I have one that is designed as a neck or cervical collar and another that is just rectangular. Heat in the microwave until warm, test so not too hot, then apply to the area. My Cats like it when I tuck one under a blanket around my feet. Just to warm up on a cold night. Then they climb aboard.

How (And Why) To Make The Best Flax Seed Pillows - An Oregon Cottage | An Oregon Cottage

I wonder if Shrek would start taking better care of himself if I took his Urn out of the closet and kept it on the coffee table...

Love it! And if he should ask, you tell him you were planning on using it real soon. Just make sure he can see his name engraved on it as he sits and watches TV. :angel:

Well, if my goal in life was to p*** off some poor old lady working as a cashier at the grocery store, I guess I can die happy now... Ugh, what a mountain from a mole hill... I literally had around 30-40 coupons, the majority of which were manufacturers coupons. As she starts manually checking I had the right items and keying in the dollar amounts for the discounts, I commented, trying to be sympathetic, "Oh, jeez- you can't just scan the bar code?" So she gives it a try, and no dice. Anyway, near the end of the coupons, she tosses one off to the side. I asked about it, and she said she didn't think I could use that one, but she would check at the end. Ok, cool. At the end she scans it, and says, "See? It says its invalid. You already used one of those. You can try to use it somewhere else if you want." Ok, I get that I already made your list of least favorite people in the store when I walked up with my fistful of coupons, but I wasn't born yesterday. I nicely pointed out that one coupon says it excludes campbell's "great for cooking" soups, and this one was specifically for the "great for cooking" soups. Similar, but not the same. Also, I already had the soup rung in, and now buried at the bottom of the shopping cart. She starts keying it in and says, "Fine, I could lose my job over this. For a dollar. Is that what you want? For me to lose my job over a dollar? Does that make you happy?" I calmly responded, "You are more than welcome to call the manager over if you'd like." That was the end of it, but come on- I just watched you try to scan a coupon and it didn't work and then you try to use that to convince me a manufacturers coupon isn't valid when you have been keying in the dollar amounts the WHOLE time?? Then she complained about me to the next two people in line while I was bagging my groceries. How awkward. I feel bad for ruining her day, but I could have said "it's just a dollar" to every one of those coupons, and I would have paid $168 instead of $106. ::humph::

Skit, you went to the cash register without an attitude. The cashier had her attitude already. If it wasn't you, it would have been someone else. She chose to make a problem of the coupons herself by not scanning them. She chose to key each one in individually. The problem was hers, not yours. :angel:

Skit, you went to the cash register without an attitude. The cashier had her attitude already. If it wasn't you, it would have been someone else. She chose to make a problem of the coupons herself by not scanning them. She chose to key each one in individually. The problem was hers, not yours. :angel:

The issue was that the store doesn't have the codes for the manufacturer coupons. She tried to scan some, but they weren't recognized, even though they were valid coupons. I'm sure she wishes she could just scan them and let the computer decide if they were different coupons or not! It would make her life so much easier lol. I just got into printing manufacturer coupons, and I will probably never go back there with them... I really don't want to be a bother, but I saved a ton of money!! I only used my coupons for items that were also on sale, so I got a double discount (the normal sale price is not included in the $60 I saved, although the store coupons I used are included). I still have about half my manufacturer coupons, which I hope to use at another store when those items are on sale. I also made a list of things that I noticed were on sale, to go look online for manufacturer coupons. I'm obsessed.

Those coupons are money in your pocket and it's the store employees' job to handle them for you. You should feel no guilt for using them. The cashier's attitude was not caused by you. Next time complain to the manager.

The issue was that the store doesn't have the codes for the manufacturer coupons. She tried to scan some, but they weren't recognized, even though they were valid coupons. I'm sure she wishes she could just scan them and let the computer decide if they were different coupons or not! It would make her life so much easier lol. I just got into printing manufacturer coupons, and I will probably never go back there with them... I really don't want to be a bother, but I saved a ton of money!! I only used my coupons for items that were also on sale, so I got a double discount (the normal sale price is not included in the $60 I saved, although the store coupons I used are included). I still have about half my manufacturer coupons, which I hope to use at another store when those items are on sale. I also made a list of things that I noticed were on sale, to go look online for manufacturer coupons. I'm obsessed.

please don't spoil the satisfying, good feelings you deserve to be savoring, skittles, having saved yourself about $100 in the grocery store with your smart coupon shopping! your lengthy, somewhat apologetic posts indicate a self-punishing conscience over what-- a cranky, unprofessional cashier who gave you poor service? so totally not your problem! (i envy your successful use of coupons--not easy, i've tried!) :)

please don't spoil the satisfying, good feelings you deserve to be savoring, skittles, having saved yourself about $100 in the grocery store with your smart coupon shopping! your lengthy, somewhat apologetic posts indicate a self-punishing conscience over what-- a cranky, unprofessional cashier who gave you poor service? so totally not your problem! (i envy your successful use of coupons--not easy, i've tried!) :)

Thank you everyone for confirming that I shouldn't have to feel guilty!! My bf said the same thing! It is NOT easy to find and organize all those coupons with the sales. As long as the store is going to be reimbursed, why should she care how many I have?

Thank you everyone for confirming that I shouldn't have to feel guilty!! My bf said the same thing! It is NOT easy to find and organize all those coupons with the sales. As long as the store is going to be reimbursed, why should she care how many I have?

She just needs to do her job. You have clearly done yours! ;)

Back
Top Bottom