Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The issue was that the store doesn't have the codes for the manufacturer coupons. She tried to scan some, but they weren't recognized, even though they were valid coupons. I'm sure she wishes she could just scan them and let the computer decide if they were different coupons or not! It would make her life so much easier lol. I just got into printing manufacturer coupons, and I will probably never go back there with them... I really don't want to be a bother, but I saved a ton of money!! I only used my coupons for items that were also on sale, so I got a double discount (the normal sale price is not included in the $60 I saved, although the store coupons I used are included). I still have about half my manufacturer coupons, which I hope to use at another store when those items are on sale. I also made a list of things that I noticed were on sale, to go look online for manufacturer coupons. I'm obsessed.

Here's something I bet you didn't know... I work for a large grocery chain, the coupons are shoved in a bag and sent away for processing. There is an acceptable margin of error. It would be nearly impossible to tell who rung a coupon wrong. With that said, if she has made a habit of sliding coupons for friends just to put money in their pocket, they may be watching her, and scrutinizing her drawer.

Neither situation has anything to do with you. I'd call the manager and let them know that you were treated badly.

Thanks everyone for the support. I will need to go to REI and get the inserts for my shoes. I got some cheaper ones at Walgreens yesterday, and they helped somewhat. I love riding my bike, but I don't have a stationary bike to ride. The water exercise is a great idea, but I'm not sure where to go. I will have to look into it. Today's petty vent is that I slipped on the ice this morning and fell. At first all that hurt was my hands, but now I am starting to have more pain in other parts of my body. I will take more Aleve before going to bed tonight and see what the morning brings. Sorry to be so down, but pain does that to me. :ermm:

Powerstep inserts are awesome, I got mine from amazon. They improved my plantar fasciitis at least 90% they lasted for years in my work shoes. I don't even need them in my work shoes anymore. I just remember not to go barefoot, that's when the plantar fasciitis let's me know that it is still there!

Powerstep inserts are awesome, I got mine from amazon. They improved my plantar fasciitis at least 90% they lasted for years in my work shoes. I don't even need them in my work shoes anymore. I just remember not to go barefoot, that's when the plantar fasciitis let's me know that it is still there!

Been wearing my shoes in the house with the Walgreens inserts the last few days. Much better. I will get some better inserts soon when I can justify spending the money. Always hard to spend on myself.

Been wearing my shoes in the house with the Walgreens inserts the last few days. Much better. I will get some better inserts soon when I can justify spending the money. Always hard to spend on myself.

Good. How are your other owies from your fall, Chopper?

Well, I caught myself with my hands, so my hands are sore. Most of the weight fell on the right side, so the right arm and ribs on that side are sore. Must have bruised some ribs. The wonderful thing is that I did not throw out my back, and am able to move around pretty good.

i get chastised by my kids all the time for constantly denying myself the smallest gifts and purchases, while being overly generous toward others--putting myself last. i admit to being an extreme example of that. but chopper, what you are talking about falls into an entirely different category of spending--even i recognize and can appreciate that. get yourself the best shoe inserts money can buy--a pair for indoor, another for outdoor wear. you are avoiding unnecessary pain, looking out for your physical well-being, not indulging yourself in any frivolous or self-serving way. if you must, look at it as a gift you are giving to your family. because it is.:)

Well, I caught myself with my hands, so my hands are sore. Most of the weight fell on the right side, so the right arm and ribs on that side are sore. Must have bruised some ribs. The wonderful thing is that I did not throw out my back, and am able to move around pretty good.

So glad you're up and moving, Chopper! You might want to consider getting an elastic rib belt, I've used one with bruised ribs, and it really helped.

And I agree with Vit.

I didn't slip on ice. I went into the underground garage to check the odometer on my car and tripped in the concrete hallway. I banged up the thumb and index finger on my right hand pretty good, banged up my right cheek bone, and split my lip. Ow.

I didn't slip on ice. I went into the underground garage to check the odometer on my car and tripped in the concrete hallway. I banged up the thumb and index finger on my right hand pretty good, banged up my right cheek bone, and split my lip. Ow.

Oh crap. Just now, Taxy?

Maybe we can get a DC group medical insurance policy....

Am I the only one who hasn't gotten hurt, even though I had wild vertigo and feeling like I was falling all the time???

Oh crap. Just now, Taxy?

Yeah, a couple of hours ago.

We would need at least two different kinds. One for Yanks and maybe South Africans, and another for people in countries with gov't health insurance and even then it might need different kinds for different countries/provinces.

I don't think I will need any this time around. I don't think finger or thumb are broken, no scrape on the cheek, and I've put antibiotic goo on my lip.

Maybe our DC Insurance will cover one of these for each of us to wear .. should protect us somewhat huh?

img_1242265_0_eb57e074609e4af9f85bb602dc8a82ec.jpg

Here's something I bet you didn't know... I work for a large grocery chain, the coupons are shoved in a bag and sent away for processing. There is an acceptable margin of error. It would be nearly impossible to tell who rung a coupon wrong. With that said, if she has made a habit of sliding coupons for friends just to put money in their pocket, they may be watching her, and scrutinizing her drawer.

Neither situation has anything to do with you. I'd call the manager and let them know that you were treated badly.

Actually, my sister was a cashier for 10 years, before she got her "real job" so I did know that :) My sister pretty much let customers use whatever coupons they wanted, within reason, as long as it wasn't really breaking store policy. Customer leaves happy, and returns to the store, so everyone wins. I thought about complaining, but contrary to that cashier's belief, I actually don't want to see her lose her job. If she is awful to customers, she will get what's coming to her, but if she was just having an off day I'd rather leave it at that. I did get my dollar off, after all! She was laughing, smiling, and joking with the couple just ahead of me, so I'm factoring that into my opinion of her :)

Hey chopper- have you ever had physical therapy for your plantar fasciitis? I had a bout of it after breaking my heel bone, and physical therapy really helped. They did something with an ultrasonic device of some kind that was supposed to help with the inflammation. Just a thought- I am all about treating causes rather than symptoms, but obviously whether or not they could do anything for you in physical therapy would be something to talk to the doc about. I'm certainly no expert!

Hope you are feeling better soon Taxy :)

Thanks everyone for the support. I will need to go to REI and get the inserts for my shoes. I got some cheaper ones at Walgreens yesterday, and they helped somewhat. I love riding my bike, but I don't have a stationary bike to ride. The water exercise is a great idea, but I'm not sure where to go. I will have to look into it. Today's petty vent is that I slipped on the ice this morning and fell. At first all that hurt was my hands, but now I am starting to have more pain in other parts of my body. I will take more Aleve before going to bed tonight and see what the morning brings. Sorry to be so down, but pain does that to me. :ermm:

Hope you are feeling better soon Chops!

Back
Top Bottom