Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Why do people find the need to be so derisive in the comments section of news stories? And it doesn't matter what the story is about or where it takes place. People get ugly when they think they can run their mouths annonymously and without being held responsible.

Why do people find the need to be so derisive in the comments section of news stories? And it doesn't matter what the story is about or where it takes place. People get ugly when they think they can run their mouths anonymously and without being held responsible.

Because they know that those are the ones that will be printed. Then they can brag about being in the paper. Even if it is anonymous. It makes them feel important. :angel:

The urge to kill some days is very strong. And today is one of those days.

I keep receiving bills from a collection agency for my medical bills. I am going to get a copy of my credit report. I have always had good credit. Now I am afraid that this agency is going to be affecting my rating. Looks like I am going to have a fight on my hands. I have an appointment with my vascular doctor and I am going to have to talk to her office folks who do the billing for her. I got the eye folks straightened out. The ER is another one. The problem is that BU doctors who practice through Boston Medical Center have their own billing department. And I have to make sure each department has the correct information since they are too lazy to look in the computer. GRRRR! :angel:
You might want to get the check from the tribe to make that go away...why not?

When I get a migraine, one of my symptoms is getting the dry heaves until the headache breaks. Last year during one of my many visits to the ER, I had the dry heaves really bad. I told some young twit that I had been having the heaves off and on since morning. "Is there a chance you might be pregnant?" I demanded that they get this idiot away from me. If he can't tell just by looking at the wrinkles on my face that I am past the age of pregnancy, then he needs to go back to medical school. Had he looked at my record, he would have seen that I am in my 70's. I simply do not have any patience with stupidity. :angel:
:LOL::LOL::LOL:Too funny!

Today HUD is here finally for the inspection that they cancelled early this month. I hope they skip my apartment. I am in no mood for them. :angel:

In our family we call that yellow thing the The nuS. (sun backwards) If you say its name when it first comes out, it becomes very shy and goes back behind the clouds.

I talked to my daughter about an hour ago. This is her chemo week and she sounded really good considering she has already had four days of it. She stays in bed during this week as her muscles become very weak and she can't stand up on her own. She goes for the next MRI on March 15th and then gets the results on March 20th from her oncologist. I am starting to get nervous. :angel:

11 years? how did you find it going back to normal, human life, pf?

i've been on the shift of the dead for 2 1/2 years now, and i hate it. i love the sun.

but now when i leave work, i hiss at the sun and throw my cape over my eyes as i search for a coffin or dark shadows.

I'm still not used to it, I'm a natural night owl, it is very easy for me to slip into a night existence. Vacations always cause insomnia, because my clock gets reset to being up all night. Early to bed for me is 10 pm...

Oh and I still hiss at the sun and pull my cape over my eyes.

Last edited:
Until two years ago I had worked nightshift for 11 years...still not crazy about too much sun.:)

For me the sun is just bright and uncomfortable. Even with sunscreen I am not a fan of being in the direct sun for long. I enjoy being outside in the shade though. I look very young for my age, and that is probably why. In my teenage years when I wanted to tan, I was just never able to be in the sun long enough to accomplish it lol. And now that I'm older and wiser, I just prefer to protect myself. I am very pale and have almost no natural protection. Unfortunately for BF he prefers the tan look, but that's just to bad. I prefer the young and healthy look.

As a red head the sun was my enemy. But I never let that stop me. I would get my first sunburn and it would turn to tan after. My back and arms are loaded with freckles.

Today I get the hematomas because I am on blood thinners. I get them mostly on my arms. I can't let the sun hit them. My skin is so thin the blood inside the hematomas almost boils. Very painful when the sun hits them About 30 seconds is all I can tolerate for my arms. :angel:

Why is it that every time I have somewhere to be after work we have a major outage and I end up having to stay late? And the more time sensitive it is the bigger the outage and the longer I have to stay. It's like our telecom and network equipment can read my mind and just really like messing with my schedule.

Grrr. Got a handful of healthy Costco almonds, munching on them one at a time. Uh oh, I crunched on a piece of shell. OK, fished the tiny shell out of my mouth. Uh oh, another piece of shell. Threw it away too. Then my tongue touched a previously filled molar, and there's a big hole, part of my tooth is gone! The filling that's left has a razor edge, and while it doesn't hurt, it's uncomfortable. Called the dentist, got the answering machine, they don't work on Friday. And we go on vacation next week. Grrrrr!!

oh dear dawg! I know that you can get temporary fill stuff (like bondo for teeth) at Walmart and most grocery stores. You poor thing!!
PS: Costco should have to cover the costs - I got sick off of a burrito from there 15 years ago and they paid for the doctor visit which told me I had food poisoning.

Thanks guys! Unfortunately I threw the shell pieces away, not realizing my piece of tooth was gone. Though I was able to save a piece of filling....how it stayed on my jacket, I have no idea.

Hmm. This tooth Bondo really interests me, will check Walmart. Thanks, Jkath!

I'd thought about trying an emery board or one of my Dremel attachments (minus the Dremel) to file down the razor-sharp edge of the leftover filling. DH was saying how I'd probably need a cap, but I just don't have time for that next week.

Last edited:
Thanks guys! Unfortunately I threw the shell pieces away, not realizing my piece of tooth was gone. Though I was able to save a piece of filling....how it stayed on my jacket, I have no idea.

Hmm. This tooth Bondo really interests me, will check Walmart. Thanks, Jkath!

I'd thought about trying an emery board or one of my Dremel attachments (minus the Dremel) to file down the razor-sharp edge of the leftover filling. DH was saying how I'd probably need a cap, but I just don't have time for that next week.
Oh no! I hope that Bondo stuff works for you. Just thinking about filing it smooth makes my teeth hurt.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom