Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Grrr. Got a handful of healthy Costco almonds, munching on them one at a time. Uh oh, I crunched on a piece of shell. OK, fished the tiny shell out of my mouth. Uh oh, another piece of shell. Threw it away too. Then my tongue touched a previously filled molar, and there's a big hole, part of my tooth is gone! The filling that's left has a razor edge, and while it doesn't hurt, it's uncomfortable. Called the dentist, got the answering machine, they don't work on Friday. And we go on vacation next week. Grrrrr!!

There is something to be said about buying in bulk as to name brands. You run the risk of getting those little pieces of shell in bulk bins. Name brands have the machinery to blow out these shell peices. But I still buy in bulk. :angel:

Oh no! I hope that Bondo stuff works for you. Just thinking about filing it smooth makes my teeth hurt.

Thanks Taxy. I used some marine grade filler to patch up our shower after the cleaning lady put a hole in the bottom of the shower by dropping something heavy. I'm gonna look up the ingredients and see if it's food/tooth safe.

There is something to be said about buying in bulk as to name brands. You run the risk of getting those little pieces of shell in bulk bins. Name brands have the machinery to blow out these shell peices. But I still buy in bulk. :angel:

These were in a sealed package, Addie. I'd portioned some out, and had some in a ziplock in the fridge for snacking. They're incredibly clean, I've never had pieces of shell. I took out about 12 nuts. The shell pieces were apparently stuck on one almond kernal.

Walgreen's also has tooth filler...I have a can of spackle...

Me too. I also have various colors of wood putty. Tooth's in the back, so no one will see it.

Just looked down the basement, can't find the aqua putty stuff. Trip to Walmart/Walgreen's tomorrow.

Last edited:
Dawg, I have used that "temporary tooth filler". It works. The one I have is Temparin by DenTek. The ingredients are calcium sulphate, paraffin, zinc oxide powder, potassium aluminum, aluminum sulphate, aluminum phosphate, Eugenol and menthol. It should be available at any drug store. (Hope you aren't allergic to "aluminum" ;) ). Good luck!

These were in a sealed package, Addie. I'd portioned some out, and had some in a ziplock in the fridge for snacking. They're incredibly clean, I've never had pieces of shell. I took out about 12 nuts. The shell pieces were apparently stuck on one almond kernal.

Hazel nuts are like that. Almost impossible to remove all of the shell and certainly the skins.

Good luck with your tooth. Mine are sitting in water in the bathroom in case you might want to temporarily borrow them. All you friends have been so helpful with offers, I didn't want to feel left out. :angel:

:LOL: :LOL: Addie!

Thanks Bunny, will look for it!

And...I found it at the Dollar Store! Yay!

Last edited:
You guys are the best! Got the tooth Bondo (DenTek, that Bunny recommended), rolled it into a ball, and stuck it in the hole. My shredded tongue and I both thank you! Will call the dentist Monday to see if he can get me in very soon.

The guy who never leaves the house is complaining that there is cat hair on all his black clothes...maybe I need to start complaining about the smell of cigarettes on my clothes. Good grief, there's always been cat hair on everything...and he's been a smoker since I met him. His retiring is making me crazy.

{{{PF}}} I have some beagle hair that I can send. It's coarser than cat hair, and shows up well on black clothes.

{{{PF}}} I have some beagle hair that I can send. It's coarser than cat hair, and shows up well on black clothes.

LOL...I came home the other day with chihuahua hair all over my coat...Latté was making "stinky face" smelling my hands and she ignored me for the rest of the night. She'll teach me to play with a dog behind her back.

The guy who never leaves the house is complaining that there is cat hair on all his black clothes...maybe I need to start complaining about the smell of cigarettes on my clothes. Good grief, there's always been cat hair on everything...and he's been a smoker since I met him. His retiring is making me crazy.

Tell him you will start worrying about the cat hair with the first fur ball he coughs up. :angel:

husbands, upon retirement, can't help but spend some unwelcome time in their dw's hair at the beginning. thankfully, it eventually all comes out in the wash....

Grrr. Got a handful of healthy Costco almonds, munching on them one at a time. Uh oh, I crunched on a piece of shell. OK, fished the tiny shell out of my mouth. Uh oh, another piece of shell. Threw it away too. Then my tongue touched a previously filled molar, and there's a big hole, part of my tooth is gone! The filling that's left has a razor edge, and while it doesn't hurt, it's uncomfortable. Called the dentist, got the answering machine, they don't work on Friday. And we go on vacation next week. Grrrrr!!

Ouch DL, not good at all, I hope you are not in any pain :(

Lint roller and vacuum cleaner .. will keep his hands and mind busy :innocent:

Sounds like Shreck could use his retirement time more wisely by vacuuming the furniture more often. :angel: we have two golden retrievers in the house. We all have a lint roller in our cars as well as one in each bedroom. I wouldn't trade it for a home with no pets. ;)

Sounds like Shreck could use his retirement time more wisely by vacuuming the furniture more often. :angel: we have two golden retrievers in the house. We all have a lint roller in our cars as well as one in each bedroom. I wouldn't trade it for a home with no pets. ;)

One is never fully dressed without pet hair.

Back
Top Bottom