Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sounds like Shreck could use his retirement time more wisely by vacuuming the furniture more often. :angel: we have two golden retrievers in the house. We all have a lint roller in our cars as well as one in each bedroom. I wouldn't trade it for a home with no pets. ;)

I don't know what Spike would have done after his wife died if he didn't have Teddy to give him a purpose in life. As much as I love that dog, I am also so grateful to him.

A home with a pet tells me that the people who live there are capable of giving love. :angel:

I don't know what Spike would have done after his wife died if he didn't have Teddy to give him a purpose in life. As much as I love that dog, I am also so grateful to him.

A home with a pet tells me that the people who live there are capable of giving love. :angel:

...and receiving love! :):angel:

Sounds like Shreck could use his retirement time more wisely by vacuuming the furniture more often. :angel: we have two golden retrievers in the house. We all have a lint roller in our cars as well as one in each bedroom. I wouldn't trade it for a home with no pets. ;)

That's what I was thinking...:wacko:

I was starting to get stressed out. For two days (48 hours) I was unable to get a good solid sleep. I was beginning to worry if maybe I had insomnia. Fall asleep for 20 minutes, wake up. Get tired and very sleepy several hours later. Lay down. Wide awake. Or if I did manage to fall asleep, the phone, door knocking, etc. woke me right up before I could get into a deep sleep. Then this morning I could hardly stand up I was so sleepy. But I had to go shopping. I rushed around that store like it was on fire and I was looting the place. We left the house at seven and were home again by 7:45. Yet I managed to get everything I needed and was on my list. As soon as I got in the door, Spike put the groceries away and I was undressed and sound asleep before he left. I woke up at 7:30 tonight just in time to see Jeopardy. Spike was sitting at the computer and Teddy was sound asleep at my feet. I feel so much better.

I feel so much better now. I put my cashew nuts inthe mini FP and had them for supper. I really need to eat something solid later on. They had a pork loin bone in roast on sale. But what I saw was not what I wanted. So I passed on that and got a smoked shoulder instead. That will be for tomorrow.

I am feeling human once again. :angel:

Thank you PF. Unless I am allowed to sleep through until I wake up on my own, I am no good to the world. When I had my gastro surgery about 40 years ago, by day six I was exhausted. Someone was waking me everytime I got into a good sleep. You know hospitals are not run for the well being of the patient, but according to the schedule of the staff. Finally one day when my surgeon came in, I started sobbing. I told him I was so exhausted. No one would let me sleep longer than two hours. The next time I fell asleep, I slept for 19 hours straight. Any medications were to be given IV. NO ONE and that meant NO ONE was to wake me up short of a fire in the building. As long as they heard me snoring, they knew I was all right. They even moved out my roommate. From that day forward, I healed much faster. I bless that doctor still to this day. :angel:

Today I have gotten approximately 10 spam to an email address that I have only given to Intuit. I am a QuickBooks® ProAdvisor and I use Intuit's professional tax software for my biz. grrr

I am so annoyed that this company (and other companies) can't treat my email address properly. This gives me more reason to want to retire. Once I can dump QB and the pro tax software, I will be able to dump Windog and just run Linux.

Just got back from the grocery store again. Didn't look at my receipt until I got home the first time and saw that the Miracle Whip did not ring up on sale, (this happens alot at this store). The only good thing is that you get your money back and you get the item for free. I wonder how many people paid full price and didn't notice the mistake.

The heat...I am having a whinge :LOL:

I am sick of it...it is meant to be Autumn now and yet it is still sooooo hot, we are having a 2 week heatwave and I want to see the end of this yukky Summer!

I've been striking out with SO in the dinner department this week. Monday I made sausage and mushroom risotto which she didn't like. Last night I made a skillet potato dinner with cheese, bacon, onion and peas. She thought there were too many peas and too much bacon.

Help me understand, what does 'too much bacon' mean? I don't understand.

I've been striking out with SO in the dinner department this week. Monday I made sausage and mushroom risotto which she didn't like. Last night I made a skillet potato dinner with cheese, bacon, onion and peas. She thought there were too many peas and too much bacon.

There is no such thing as "to much bacon." It does not compute. :angel:

"Danger Will Robinson...Danger Will Robinson!!!"

...a small price to pay....:) but hey, this is about eating 2 1/2 lbs. of meat per week. i consider myself an omnivore with marked carnivore tendencies, and i probably consume somewhat less than two lbs. of meat/fish in a week. the occasional steak or pork binge (involving a full lb. portion) is as rare an event as it is memorable.

Last edited:
Well I have had a very annoying morning and it is only 5:25 am!

I got up this morning at 1:00am and checked my email. I noticed that I had won an auction on Ebay so I went out to pay for the item and Paypal declined my payment authorization. I thought I might have made a mistake because of the early hour and ran it again, another decline! Then I noticed an email from Paypal informing me that I had reached some internal spending limit and I needed to verify my account by providing additional bank information or by opening a Paypal Mastercard. I thought it might be some type of scam so I signed into my Paypal account and got the same message. Since then I have been going round in circles with Paypal. After 4 hours of this I got so aggravated I finally closed my Paypal account! I hope the poor Ebay seller will allow me to send him a check, I hate to see him harmed in this.

I hate it when it is more difficult to spend my money than it was to earn it! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

My PayPal account is tied into my savings account. I only keep five dollars in there. When I make a purchase, I just transfer the amount needed from my checking account and once PayPal pays for my purchase, my balance is back to five dollars. I have never had a request to tie it to a credit card account. The one thing I like about PayPal is that it is almost failsafe. I am not sure my bank even knows that I use my savings account for PayPal.

Did you have any luck contacting them by phone? :angel:

My PayPal account is tied into my savings account. I only keep five dollars in there. When I make a purchase, I just transfer the amount needed from my checking account and once PayPal pays for my purchase, my balance is back to five dollars. I have never had a request to tie it to a credit card account. The one thing I like about PayPal is that it is almost failsafe. I am not sure my bank even knows that I use my savings account for PayPal.

Did you have any luck contacting them by phone? :angel:

yup!

The good news is that the person I was making my transaction with contacted me and agreed to accept a personal check. I will pop that in the mail this morning. I have a couple more transactions that I need to provide feedback on then I will close my Ebay account.

I am probably cutting off my nose to spite my face but, I'm gonna rock my new look! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Back
Top Bottom